MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MGC MP40 Question

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

MGC MP40 Question Empty
PostSubject: MGC MP40 Question   MGC MP40 Question Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 4:04 pm

Post by Reemo

Hi Mark

I recently acquired another MGC MP40......I expected to see yet another non firing model. Instead, what I received was a very early MGC68 with telescoping recoil tube and an open barrel with early (wide) detonator in place.

The bolt face shows it probably has not been fired.

I want to fire it.

What was the final recipe you came up with of modern springs and detonator replacements that worked? (I recall your article tried newer Marushin and repro parts). I know you have learned a lot since those early days.

Any direction you can give would be greatly appreciated as always Mark MGC MP40 Question Icon_wink
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

MGC MP40 Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC MP40 Question   MGC MP40 Question Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 4:05 pm

Post by Mark

That's great news Reemo! It's of course, very hard to find the earlier non-cut versions as they where imported for a short time.

The fact that the bolt face is un-cut is a very big plus and it makes the conversion to the Marushin or CP cartridges all the easier. Be sure to save the old paper cap detonator of course.

I do believe that Francky can supply either the Marushin or the MGC 220 CP cartridge detonators if you ask him.

The final "recipe" that I came up with that works the best is the aftermarket detonator for the Marushin MP40/Uzi cartridges as the Marushin cartridges are less expensive and far easier to find than the MGC 220's. The recoil spring that you have in the telescoping recoil spring tube works great and it gives a somewhat slower rate of fire. A problem area in the earlier MGC MP40 is the thin ejector that the earliest versions use that tends to break after lots of rounds.

The mid production versions had the ejector that was far thicker and offset that could take the abuse better this later ejector is of course, offset so much that the bolt had to be changed.

I really don't think that you will break the ejector very easily so, i really would not worry about it for a while.

Also, sometimes, the extractor is not properly placed in the bolt and won't properly hold the cartridge in place so, that should be checked by removing the bolt and placing a cartridge on the bolt's face and see just how tightly the cartridge is held in place. If it is loose, the extractor needs to be adjusted by grinding carefully just behind the "claw" as there is a raised up stamped projection that sometimes holds the extractor up higher on the bolt for some reason. If the extractor holds the cartridge tight then you are in business...

So, the best idea if you want to fire it is to replace the detonator and get the proper cartridges for it!

MGC MP40 Marushin MP40 Nakata MP40 TRC MP40

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

MGC MP40 Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC MP40 Question   MGC MP40 Question Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 4:06 pm

Post by REEMO

Hi Mark!

Thank you as always MGC MP40 Question Icon_wink

Im going to get a hold of a detonator for the Marushin MP40/Uzi cartridges......I have a package coming from Francky this week, so great timing.

One last thing Mark?

I have to take this thing apart completely - the prior onwer felt that thick cosmolene grease was the best thing for the bolt!! The entire inside (of the receiver tube) is CAKED, like it came out of an arsenal.

Do you have a parts diagram or blowup photo of the MGC MP40 in pieces?

I'd love to have that - you can email it to me if you'd rather not post it.

LMK
Reemo
Sponsored content

MGC MP40 Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC MP40 Question   MGC MP40 Question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MGC MP40 Question
Page 1 of 1