MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My MGC68 MP40

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Heatseeker1958

Number of posts : 3
Location / Country : Canada
Registration date : 2010-03-31

My MGC68 MP40 Empty
PostSubject: My MGC68 MP40   My MGC68 MP40 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 7:51 pm

Hi guys, I'm new to the site and wanted to start off by saying that this is a very well laid out, simple and informative website. I've been browsing through some of the forums and I'm impressed by the knowledge and information that has been provided. I'm glad to now be a part of your "group". Thank you in advance for all info/tips that may come my way.

Let's get started:

I acquired my MP40 at a gun show some years ago. When I seen her lying on the table I knew I had to have her. I have had my share of real military guns over the years but Canadian regulations and all the other BS has made me look back at my non-firing pieces and think, "Hey, I don't need licences and registration rules to have them." So here I am.

I seen one forum that has the MP40 Registry. I'll be adding my info that one in the near future.

Here are my pics.

http://pbckt.com/sb.dhXO
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

My MGC68 MP40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My MGC68 MP40   My MGC68 MP40 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 11:45 am

Welcome to the forum Heatseeker, thank you for your comments. It's always great to know that members find the forum informative and helpful.
I'm sure that you'll find us a friendly and helpful group of enthusiasts too.

I've taken the liberty of moving your posted details of your MP40 over onto the MP40 registry thread.

Having just looked at your set of photos, you've a beautiful looking MGC MP40 there. Personally, I've not seen one with the last 3 serial number digits stamped on the model's comonent parts before.
I'm hoping one of our more knowledgable members can shed some light on this one. Doc should know I'm sure.
I can only guess that possibly MGC's Bond Shop may have had some involvement in building this example or another explanation could be that a previous owner may have stamped 441 onto the individual parts My MGC68 MP40 Icon_question
The number stamped on the barrel is certainly the factory mark, the other 441 stampings
use a different form of the number 4 so I'm gussing the factory didn't add those.

Your bolt face is complete, unground, so it could cycle cartridges. Your photo of the chamber doesn't show if there's a detonator pin present, and there's a tapped hole drilled into the chamber on the left side.
If you removed the barrel, is there a removable pin present in the chamber or is it closed with a steel blanking My MGC68 MP40 Icon_question

I'll look forwards to hearing from you

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net

My MGC68 MP40
Page 1 of 1