MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

anyone interested in real M16/M4/AR15 mags??

Go down 
+2
Cerwyn
yellow
6 posters
AuthorMessage
yellow
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
yellow

Number of posts : 208
Location / Country : Belgium
Registration date : 2009-07-02

anyone interested in real M16/M4/AR15 mags?? Empty
PostSubject: anyone interested in real M16/M4/AR15 mags??   anyone interested in real M16/M4/AR15 mags?? Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 5:17 pm

Hi guys

Yesterday I have contacted a person that was selling 'a few' real mags for an M16/M4/AR15.
He didn't answer my email yet, so I don't know how many pieces he has got, but I only need one or 2 pieces.
So, is anyone else interested?
He asks 50€/ mag. Just let me know if anyone else wants one.
Of course the price is also 50€ + shipping costs.
Please also make sure this is legal in your country to avoid problems at customs!

Greetz

PS: Of course I can not guarantee anything, but I already have one real mag and this feeds perfectly! No jams like with the Marushin ones!!
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: anyone interested in real M16/M4/AR15 mags??   anyone interested in real M16/M4/AR15 mags?? Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 6:36 pm

Hi yellow

It's surprising to read that a real AR-15 type magazine is feeding properly in your Marushin modelgun anyone interested in real M16/M4/AR15 mags?? Icon_eek Did you need to make any modifications at all anyone interested in real M16/M4/AR15 mags?? Icon_question

Generally real firearm magazines have springs that are way too stiff for the models, feed lips need modifying and the AR-15 type often need a little work doing to follower to allow for the shorter, bullet less, cartridge
Mag'catch holes don't always line up either.

The Marushin model M16 & XM177 aren't known for good firing performance so anything like the mag' you've found that improves the model is of particular interest

Any more information will be eagerly awaited please anyone interested in real M16/M4/AR15 mags?? Icon_biggrin

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
yellow
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
yellow

PostSubject: Re: anyone interested in real M16/M4/AR15 mags??   anyone interested in real M16/M4/AR15 mags?? Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 10:22 pm

Hi Cerwyn

Please take a look here, second page:
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/modelgun-problems-f5/m16-bolt-problem-t1779-15.htm
That is the real mag that I already have.
I didn't do the modification myself. Kickback did it for me Very Happy I bought my M635 from him, and he also gave me this mag.
I don't think modifications will be difficult, only thing I'm not sure of is the spring. This could be too stiff, but maybe it is possible to stretch it and cut a piece off? That way it would be less stiff.

Now, the guy emailed me back. He still has 4 pieces, but he had 10! 6 of them were sold in 1 day, so if anyone wants one, please be quick! I'm ordering 2 pieces, so still 2 left!! He also told me that you don't have to own a licence (at least in Belgium).

Oh, the mags are black, so no gold finish Very Happy

Greetz
Back to top Go down
bob
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
bob

Number of posts : 87
Location / Country : norfolk
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: mags   anyone interested in real M16/M4/AR15 mags?? Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 10:47 pm

There are lots of different mags can you confirm these have the colt base plate?
Back to top Go down
yellow
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
yellow

PostSubject: Re: anyone interested in real M16/M4/AR15 mags??   anyone interested in real M16/M4/AR15 mags?? Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 11:14 pm

No I can't, I'm sorry, and to be honest I also don't really care Very Happy , but if you want I can always ask him.
Back to top Go down
Fight Designer
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Fight Designer

Number of posts : 240
Location / Country : Eugene, OR, USA

PostSubject: Re: anyone interested in real M16/M4/AR15 mags??   anyone interested in real M16/M4/AR15 mags?? Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 7:03 am

Wow that's pricey. Can get AR/M series magazines here for $5 each on sale... haven't actually ever tried using them with the modelguns, although I often clamp one on to a modelgun or dummy gun magazine with a dummy round in it, just to help make my prop guns look a bit more realistic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fightdesigner.com
DOC
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
DOC

Number of posts : 234
Location / Country : Not so Great Britain
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: anyone interested in real M16/M4/AR15 mags??   anyone interested in real M16/M4/AR15 mags?? Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 7:55 am

yep didnt want to mention about the price but as its already been said ...ch...ching ! here you`ll pay about £10 -£15 for them at military shows.

DOC
Back to top Go down
yellow
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
yellow

PostSubject: Re: anyone interested in real M16/M4/AR15 mags??   anyone interested in real M16/M4/AR15 mags?? Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 9:43 am

Shocked Here in Belgium it is a normal price I think, but then real gun parts are almost impossible to find here.
For example for a beretta 92 mag, you will pay about 100€!
It also must be said that the mags are new.
Maybe I can get a discount if I buy all 4 of them, which I'm certainly willing to share with you guys, but of courese then I'll have to know who else would want one or 2. Of course if you can buy them cheaper, you should! I was just trying to help some of the forum members...
Back to top Go down
Pydracor
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 169
Location / Country : Germany

PostSubject: Re: anyone interested in real M16/M4/AR15 mags??   anyone interested in real M16/M4/AR15 mags?? Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 11:20 am

Same here, even here in Germany you can get M16 mags for about 10 € each without Colt markings, about 20 € for those with Colt markings.
Interesting, I just saw, that you can even get those 100 shot double drum mags for M16s Smile They go for over 250 € though.

As far as I know, it's no problem to ship stuff like that to Belgium (EU, no customs), so drop me a mail if you want me to get a few mags for you. Shipping costs would be a bit higher, as I have to have them shipped to me first and they're not new (most of them are in excellent condition), but man, it would still be much cheaper than 50 € per mag Wink
Back to top Go down
bob
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
bob

Number of posts : 87
Location / Country : norfolk

PostSubject: Re: anyone interested in real M16/M4/AR15 mags??   anyone interested in real M16/M4/AR15 mags?? Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 6:23 pm

i was stating it as if you want to be as realistic as possible for your weapon then they are the ones you want, i still have lots from when the British army was issued them for the SA80 in the late 80s, and you can pick up the RG mags which also fit for around £5 each
Back to top Go down
yellow
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
yellow

PostSubject: Re: anyone interested in real M16/M4/AR15 mags??   anyone interested in real M16/M4/AR15 mags?? Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 10:02 pm

Ok I cancelled my order. I was happy as what that I found some of these, and now it seems like you can find them anywhere.
Anyone who can offer me 1 or 2 pieces, just let me know...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: anyone interested in real M16/M4/AR15 mags??   anyone interested in real M16/M4/AR15 mags?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

anyone interested in real M16/M4/AR15 mags??
Page 1 of 1