MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marushin's ENFIELD No.2 Mk1 (Kit Version)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Marushin's ENFIELD No.2 Mk1 (Kit Version) Empty
PostSubject: Marushin's ENFIELD No.2 Mk1 (Kit Version)   Marushin's ENFIELD No.2 Mk1 (Kit Version) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 12:56 pm

Post by Garyforce

Well gang here’s Gary’s next review. My new modelgun…
MARUSHIN’S ENFIELD NO.2 MKI (KIT VERSION)
(pictured below)

Specs
Length: 25.5 cms / 10" (muzzle to butt)
Barrel: 12.7 cm / 5" (full length / open)
Weight: 650g (approx)
Materials: Shock resistant abs & zinc alloy
Grip: Plastic
Comments
This is my first ever kit modelgun so to be honest I was expecting bother …and I got it ! :?
After opening the box and making sure everything was where it was supposed to be I then started to piece it together. I got as far as step 5 when I hit trouble (which is no great achievement when you consider parts 1-3 had already been done ! ! Sad
My trouble was the hammer ! the holes in the metal part for the small joints were misaligned, by less than a millimetre ! doesn’t sound like much but this made it impossible to put the thing together without ‘filing’ the holes to make them wider. (let this be a lesson for those of you buying kit versions you WILL need a selection of small files, pliers, scalpel, tweezers, small model hammer & small screwdrivers….oh and good eyesight ! Very Happy )
So once that problem was sorted the rest of the gun went together fairly easily (few mistakes by me and 1 or 2 screws in the wrong place…… but hey I don’t speak Japanese Very Happy ).
Once constructed I have to say the gun looks ok … and the weight and grip are comfortable.
Downpoint’s ….. the grip looks….and feels plastic and nasty Sad .. I don’t know if there are wooden grips available for this modelgun, but if there are I want them quick sharpish !
Another mark against this gun though this is a very personal thing. For me the difference in colour between the ABS plastic and the metal parts is too much ! :? … ranging from black… to a shabby worn out grey ! so for me … I’m going to look into painting this gun some how. (for further information on modelgun re-spray’s seethe topic, Modelgun Modifications : Re-paint (spray) of plastic modelgun).
The final finishing touch is the removal of the parting or ‘centre’ line from the plastic parts of the gun. This is done with a scalpel blade & very fine sandpaper. (for further information on modelgun re-spray’s seethe topic, Modelgun Modifications : How to remove the parting (centre) line of HW).
So. That’s it ..isn’t it ? ….. NO ! …….. of course it isn’t ! Sad
The next problem I encountered is firing the thing ! upon pulling the trigger the cylinder, on occasion, got jammed and refused to rotate at all ! … turns out this is down to the ‘catches’ on the cylinder not allowing the cylinder to spin.
The reason for this is the plastic model has not been adequately filed and the excess plastic removed ! ….. this one caught me totally off guard and will take me a while to sort as the area is very small and fiddley and if you file too much away you will knacker the cylinder catches altogether ! so ill will keep you all posted on how that turns out !

Loading the enfield is pretty standard to all revolvers except the way the cylinder is accessed. The gun takes the .38 caliber carts which you 1st unscrew, then you take a 7mm cap face up and pushing down the cartridge all that remains is to screw the cart back together. Having primed six cartridges you simply then press the thumb catch (to the left of the hammer) to operate the ‘swing open’ barrel & cylinder so it appears as though your gun is snapped in 2 Very Happy ! now … push your carts into the cylinder snap the gun back together and your done. Very Happy
Firing
Just pull the trigger ! Very Happy
This is a ‘semi automatic’ revolver in the sense that you can just keep pulling the trigger and the cylinder will automatically rotate until all 6 rounds are spent, except for me that is till I solve my little problem (see above) Sad you can discharge the gun as slow or quickly as you please really ! … the whole process could be over in 3-4 seconds.

Cleaning
Ok now cleaning the gun has the good old 2 methods …. The quick way and the thorough way ! Very Happy
The Quick way.
Press the thumb catch to release the barrel …. Take the cylinder out …. And clean it ! Very Happy …how easy was that !
The thorough way.
This involves you first removing the thumb catch, then 4 screws allow you to remove the plate housing the trigger mechanism, which is not to fiddley really ! and at the risk of repeating myself as you remove the hammer & trigger its important (if not referring to instructions) to make note of how the parts of the hammer & trigger fit together ! (but as you had to put the damn thing together in the first place you should know this anyway Very Happy )
A few more screws and catches allow you to remove the barrel and the grip. Next, clean and oil the gun using whatever cleaning solution / oil you prefer. (i recommend marks cleaning technique of hot water, baking soda & vinegar)
Then once we are cleaned and oiled .... put it all back together ....and that’s that ! you don’t need to clean this revolver that thoroughly that often unless your firing it a lot that is !

Over all
Well ….. this was an experience Very Happy …. And for me…. The lesson to be learnt was DON’T BUY KIT VERSIONS ! Very Happy
But that’s just me ! … im lazy ! …I don’t like all this faffing about…. I want my gun to work as soon as I open it up ! Very Happy … if you like your kits then this is going to be nothing to you Smile
The problems I’ve encountered, not really the ‘hammer issue’ but the trouble with the cylinder has taken some of the pleasure out of this modelgun for me and made it more of a chore ! Sad
And again me just being picky …. The difference in the black colours is an issue for me… (but not for any sane person Wink ) …. The grip however is an insult to anyone with eyes ! Sad it looks…feels…. and is… BLOODY AWFUL ! ! if Marushin don’t do a wooden grip for this I’m going to be a bit put out! Sad so please MR. Marushin …if your reading this ….can I have a wooden grip please ! !
This is only getting a 6/10 from me ! … I want it for my collection. … and I got the kit version for the price …. But I wont be doing that again …. Id rather pay and get it pre made ! Smile

Marushin's ENFIELD No.2 Mk1 (Kit Version) 106795003
Marushin's ENFIELD No.2 Mk1 (Kit Version) 106794995
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Marushin's ENFIELD No.2 Mk1 (Kit Version)   Marushin's ENFIELD No.2 Mk1 (Kit Version) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 12:57 pm

Post by Claymore

Hi Gary, congrats on getting it together without throwing it across the room. I decided after the marushin X177 only to buy made up models, cos even if they go together OK they dont work to well and you constantly have to play around with them to get them to fire.

That said mind you even the factory built ones give you problems. I have a marui P38 kit which i have not even looked at yet and i have had it for about 8 months, until i have loads of time to spend on it i will leave it in the box. It also feels very light and plasticy compared to MGC or Marushin so i am not to bothered about putting it together just yet but at £38 you can't really complain.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Marushin's ENFIELD No.2 Mk1 (Kit Version)   Marushin's ENFIELD No.2 Mk1 (Kit Version) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 12:58 pm

Post by Garyforce

hmmmmm ........ i seem to be noticing a pattern developing here ! Marushin's ENFIELD No.2 Mk1 (Kit Version) Icon_biggrin

it appears we are not to keen on kit versions here guys Marushin's ENFIELD No.2 Mk1 (Kit Version) Icon_biggrin !

you'r right , there is a certain amount of satisfaction to peicing to be had from bulding the gun yourself .... and i did expect a certain amount of messing around ..... but.... at the end of the day its just too much ! Marushin's ENFIELD No.2 Mk1 (Kit Version) Icon_confused

the finish is not as good as it could be .... and like you say claymore they seem... somewhat inferiour to factory assembled modelguns !

still as you say claymore.on occasion you cant argue with the price ! Marushin's ENFIELD No.2 Mk1 (Kit Version) Icon_biggrin

Last edited by Cerwyn on Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Marushin's ENFIELD No.2 Mk1 (Kit Version)   Marushin's ENFIELD No.2 Mk1 (Kit Version) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 12:59 pm

Post by Mark

As for me, i love the kits Marushin's ENFIELD No.2 Mk1 (Kit Version) Icon_biggrin as i usually have spare time on my hands and i love tinkering with guns as i like tuning them so, the modelgun kits are perfect for me at least. Also, there is nothing that teaches you about the "mysterys" of the modelgun operation than assembling and adjusting the quirks out of an assembled kit. I realize that not everone has spare time like i have but, the cost savings are worth the bother and hassle of the kit plus, it's the most cool model kit that i have ever seen! Marushin's ENFIELD No.2 Mk1 (Kit Version) Icon_lol Besides, i have assembled the Marui and the LS kits before man,those kits where really bad and they made assembling the Marushin and the old MGC kits look super easy with no problems..So, i at least love the kits! Marushin's ENFIELD No.2 Mk1 (Kit Version) Icon_biggrin

MGC MP40 Marushin MP40 Nakata MP40 TRC MP40

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marushin's ENFIELD No.2 Mk1 (Kit Version)   Marushin's ENFIELD No.2 Mk1 (Kit Version) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marushin's ENFIELD No.2 Mk1 (Kit Version)
Page 1 of 1