MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata

Go down 
+2
kiwigunner
Peticopo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Peticopo
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 72
Location / Country : France
Registration date : 2011-10-16

Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata Empty
PostSubject: Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata   Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 7:46 pm

Hi ,
I’ve found this Enfield n°2 Mk 1, it ‘s very very tired and the grips got a “coup de chaud”…but it was very very not expensive so I bought it.
It is marked NAKAT (NAKATA ?)
The firing hammer seems to be strange for me with this model of grips ? (see photo of real hand gun) But I don’t know very well these handguns.
What do you think about this ?
Thank you
Philippe
Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata Img_4313Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata Numari10Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata Img_4314Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata Img_4315Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata Img_4316Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata Img_4317Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata Img_4318Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata Img_4319Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata Img_4320Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata Img_4321Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata Img_4322Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata Img_4323
Back to top Go down
kiwigunner
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
kiwigunner

Number of posts : 556
Location / Country : Auckland/New Zealand
Registration date : 2010-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata   Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 11:27 pm

Hi Phillipe,

You have a a great Enfield metal modelgun there. Thanks for your photos!
You'll find a number of threads on this forum about the Enfield pistol: I particularly liked reading this one:
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/t1543-enfield-no2-mk1

As a result I bought I Marushin HW ABS Kit set off Francky Tom in Japan - my first kit set - a few years ago. I would like to get a metal Nakata model (like yours) to add to my collection - but have never seen any on auction in New Zealand yet.

The Enfield Mk2 No 1 has a full hammer; and the Mk2 No.1* (read No. 1 star) had the hammer spur removed for tank crew to carry. They reportedly were less accurate to use because without the spur the pistol could not to "cocked" before shooting.....but better to have that than have an accidental discharge inside a tank! I assume the hand grips were interchangeable between models types.

I am sure other members will be able to give you loads of information about your model and will look forward to what appears in answer to your post. sunny

Kiwigunner

Last edited by kiwigunner on Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:36 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Correct typos)
Back to top Go down
http://anzaction.weebly.com/
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata   Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 9:19 am

Lovely model!

Metal, made in mid-70s, and what's even more interesting - you have an original Japanese version with all the markings. Export version (for RMI) was unmarked except for "Japan" and "1974". I like that this revolver looks different than others, latch mechanism is a bit more complicated and you can see it on the outside.

I do not know why it says "Nakat", first time I see this variant of spelling - always learning something new about the models and companies :-)
Back to top Go down
Dronne
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Dronne

Number of posts : 215
Location / Country : France Paris
Registration date : 2012-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata   Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 9:55 am

Hi guys!
A very interesting replica! It must be rare, i guess.
Back to top Go down
Peticopo
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata   Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 7:40 pm

Hi,

Thank you for your answers, I'm glad to see that it's a good model gun and a good transaction for me.
I had only bad photos and it was difficult to see the importance of the defaults, grips are unusable, and mechanism is tired and soft, it's a pity.

Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata Numari11
Back to top Go down
Dronne
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Dronne

PostSubject: Re: Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata   Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 9:32 am

Hi Peticopo,
What parts are too tired? Springs? Others?
You can find real parts at this adress :
http://www.galeriedemars.fr/Pieces_Detachees/Revolver_Enfield-N2-MKI.php
Back to top Go down
HIGUsan
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
HIGUsan

Number of posts : 54
Location / Country : Osaka, Japan
Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata   Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 4:35 pm

Hi Peticopo,
It is unusual grip of Enfield. But it is usual as Nakata Enfield.

Old Nakata ad
Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata Ss-nak11[/url]
Back to top Go down
Peticopo
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata   Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 6:10 pm

Hi, Thanks you all for your interesting answers and photos HIGUsan.
There are a lot of problems on this handgun, see photo below. Specially with the zamac parts, it’s not like steel it’s very fragile.
But all springs are good and nervous.
For me it’s not very important if mechanism is broken, I prefer the exterior look.

Dronne, do you think that real grips fit on this modelgun, I have a doubt ? If I buy a real part, it will be this one .

Philippe

Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata Copie_10
Back to top Go down
Dronne
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Dronne

PostSubject: Re: Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata   Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 6:35 pm

Hi,
Well, about the grips, i don't know if it fits correctly.
But i guess you gonna make a pair in wood quickly! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kiwigunner
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
kiwigunner

PostSubject: Re: Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata   Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 10:55 pm

Phillipe,

This model is so rare and you only have a few things to correct (most of them are "plus facile") it would be worth while making this a project.
Some things might need to be made or bought (and modified), but with Dronne and your fellow local French members, I am sure you will get lots of support. Plus you have all your friends on this forum!

It would be great to see this Nakata Enfield repaired to extend its working like. cheers

If there is any help you might need from me, just ask; and I'll do my best to do so. sunny

Bonne chance!

Kiwigunner
Back to top Go down
Peticopo
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata   Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 5:52 pm

Hi,
Thank you for your encouragements
Dronne, quickly, quickly !, « y’a du taf ! » Laughing it’s a lot of time and these grips are complicated. I choose perhaps your solution if it’s possible. I think they are in bakelit.
Kiwigunner, I don’t like work on zamac, it’s breakable and you don’t feel the material like wood or steel, you know what I mean. I’m anxious because there are a lot of small parts inside very thin and fragile and now I don’t dare use the model gun. I’ll must do some part in steel, later…but certainly.

(Have you seen my Military P38 (nmg ?)I have bought it at the same person, perhaps is it a good modelgun?) Wink

Philippe
Back to top Go down
Dronne
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Dronne

PostSubject: Re: Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata   Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 9:46 pm

Hi!
Well, you're free to forget the making of new grips. Sad
I guess that the differences between the model's ones and the original are slim

Another e-shop's adress where you maybe can find those grips, maybe a bit cheaper :

http://www.amsmilitaria.com/
It's in Belgium
Look a the page # 83 of the catalog.
Back to top Go down
kiwigunner
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
kiwigunner

PostSubject: Re: Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata   Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 8:27 am

Yes I saw your P38. That was a great find!
It's just amazing what is "out there" if you are willing to look.
Have you read this post?
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/t2454-mgc67-p38

My very first modelgun was this model P38 - which was stolen (along with my car back in the 1970's!)
I got my car back via the Police - but the gun was missing. I had to explain very carefully what a replica pistol was doing in my car's glove-box! What a Face

I was so pleased when I managed to find this model and repair it (missing springs & etc.)
It is now one of my "treasures"! Very Happy

Look after your Enfield: it is a treasure too! As Smootik said, the markings make it special. cheers

A bientot.

Kiwigunner
Back to top Go down
Peticopo
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata   Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 9:40 pm

Hi,
Thanks you Dronne and Kiwigunner.

Look at these…!
I found them on the web “Naturabuy” for only 15€, it’s seem to be real bakelit grips, and the dimensions seem to be ok cheers , I have to clean them and I think that there are not a lot of modifications.
It’s strange but the circle is not finished, somebody has an idea ?, I have to make it, I must be very careful, no error allowed.
To be continued.
Philippe
Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata Img_4410Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata Img_4411Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata Img_4412
Back to top Go down
kiwigunner
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
kiwigunner

PostSubject: Re: Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata   Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 10:45 pm

Hi Philippe;

I suggest you make a tool similar to this drawing:
Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata Enfieldsandingtool

The idea is to use the long bolt by inserting it into the hole in the grip while you slowly sad away material. That way the disk wound "slip" and spoil your grips.
Warning: the diameter must not be too large and damage the threaded part of the grip while you are sanding; AND if you go too fast the heat due to friction might damage the Bakelite.
You must use a strong (epoxy?) glue to glue the parts indicated.

Other people may have better ideas, but I think this one will work O.K.
Good luck!

Kiwigunner
Back to top Go down
Peticopo
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata   Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 8:41 am

Hi Kiwigunner,
thank you to take time for me, i have tried on plexiglass with a similar tool but it doesn't work very well. I think that the surface of the circle is too larger for this small tool. A friend give me an other tool, i'll try it this week-end, i hope i can show you a great result tomorrow.
Philippe
Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata Img_4414
Back to top Go down
Peticopo
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata   Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 7:01 pm

Hi,
i've made the circle, it needs precision but the result is very good.
I don't know why it was not finished ? perhaps because there was a little default on the grip ?

Next step : adjustment.
Philippe
Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata Img_4415
Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata Img_4416
Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata Img_4417
Back to top Go down
Peticopo
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata   Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 8:38 am

Hi,
Result after some small adjustments. It's almost perfect !
I am impressed by the fidelity of this modelgun.

Philippe
Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata Img_4418Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata Img_4419Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata Img_4420
Back to top Go down
Dronne
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Dronne

PostSubject: Re: Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata   Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 11:26 am

Et ben voilà!
Beau boulot, et quickly, comme d'hab! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

Number of posts : 647
Location / Country : Germany (Stuttgart)
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata   Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 1:07 pm

That's great work, very skilled. I am impressed. You did a great job.
Back to top Go down
kiwigunner
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
kiwigunner

PostSubject: Re: Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata   Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 7:17 am

Excellent job!
Well worth the effort! cheers

Kiwigunner
Back to top Go down
Peticopo
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata   Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 5:12 pm

Bonjour,
merci à tous pour vos encouragements !

I ve broken the zamac axis Embarassed , so i must do an another in good steel, Heat treatment for black colour.
And now there is less backlash with barrel

Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata Img_4421
Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata Img_4422
Back to top Go down
kiwigunner
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
kiwigunner

PostSubject: Re: Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata   Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 10:53 pm

"Nos fautes peuvent devenir nos tuteurs" study "Our mistakes can become our tutors"
(Please excuse my french!) I find the more mistakes I have made, the more opportunities I have to learn from them..... Very Happy

Congratulations on your work!

Kiwigunner
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata   Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Enfield n°2 Mk I Webley Nakata
Page 1 of 1