MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need help with 'newly' acquired MGC68 MP40

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
vernonsmith

Number of posts : 30
Location / Country : Texas
Registration date : 2008-09-28

Need help with 'newly' acquired MGC68 MP40 Empty
PostSubject: Need help with 'newly' acquired MGC68 MP40   Need help with 'newly' acquired MGC68 MP40 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 2:44 am

Hi all,

Just checking does anyone know if it is possible to convert a late display model MGC 68 MP40 to a firing one? I have just acquired one in an auction which I think is a late model which has a slope cut in the bolt face. I think this cut is to prevent feeding of a round. It also has got no extractor on the bolt which I can see no point because it can't even feed a round into the chamber. Also there is no detonator in the chamber that I can see. The front end of the muzzle is completely covered up I think by a plastic plug or something is it possible to get that out?

I have not yet strip cleaned the gun as I have just got it two days ago. Will surely put up a post at the registery section in the General Forum. There seems to be a bit of rust on the gun that I have frantically getting rid of. The previous owner doesn't seem to know the value of the gun and not took care of it. I am trying to wipe it down with oil and silicone cloth it seems to restore part of it glory past LOL. It's looking sooooo much better now will surely post up pics when I get it completely sorted.

I am thinking of getting parts from Francky to covert this display model into a more complete firing model, not that I want to fire it (too beautiful an antique to me) but to feel more 'complete' if you know what I mean.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Need help with 'newly' acquired MGC68 MP40   Need help with 'newly' acquired MGC68 MP40 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 1:42 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum!

You are a lucky guy to get an MGC MP40, even in a "display" condition :-)
I am sure Francky and other members with more knowledge of this excellent model will be able to help you out.

Your quest to make this model more complete is fully understandable :-)
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1238
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Need help with 'newly' acquired MGC68 MP40   Need help with 'newly' acquired MGC68 MP40 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 6:40 pm

you will need a new bolt (which are possible to get hold of) and a det pin which also are available and that should be that, get a det pin from francky or shaz it will be able to fire mgc p220 and more than likely KSZ 9mm as well. i take it it has a recoil tube rather than just the spring?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help with 'newly' acquired MGC68 MP40   Need help with 'newly' acquired MGC68 MP40 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need help with 'newly' acquired MGC68 MP40
Page 1 of 1