MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Real Steel parts on the Marushin m16a1

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Elvis

Number of posts : 5
Location / Country : Belgium
Registration date : 2010-08-31

Real Steel parts on the Marushin m16a1 Empty
PostSubject: Real Steel parts on the Marushin m16a1   Real Steel parts on the Marushin m16a1 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 2:49 pm

I'm new on this forum and although I did a lot of reading I didn't see a topic like this. I've put my marushin m16 on sale because I can't fit real furniture on it. The original marushin handguard and stock feel way to cheap/brittle and if I want to keep my model gun, I want to change that.

So what real steel parts do fit on the Marushin m16a1? I mean: "fitting" with or without minor sanding and dremel jobs Wink
Back to top Go down
yellow
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
yellow

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2009-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Real Steel parts on the Marushin m16a1   Real Steel parts on the Marushin m16a1 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 9:03 pm

please excuse me for the off-topic, but do you speak French or Dutch? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Elvis

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Real Steel parts on the Marushin m16a1   Real Steel parts on the Marushin m16a1 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 9:32 pm

I try to speak both although my mother tongue is dutch Wink

Ivn3067 likes this post

Back to top Go down
adiaz

Number of posts : 1
Location / Country : Texas, USA
Registration date : 2010-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Real Steel parts on the Marushin m16a1   Real Steel parts on the Marushin m16a1 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 8:49 am

I was able to slightly modify my marushin (extend barrel length) to accept real steel triangular handguards. Email me and I will tell you how.
Back to top Go down
Ivn3067

Number of posts : 10
Location / Country : United States
Registration date : 2022-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Real Steel parts on the Marushin m16a1   Real Steel parts on the Marushin m16a1 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2022 7:35 pm

adiaz wrote:
I was able to slightly modify my marushin (extend barrel length) to accept real steel triangular handguards. Email me and I will tell you how.

Hi! How were you able to extend the barrel to accept real hand guards?
Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

Number of posts : 647
Location / Country : Germany (Stuttgart)
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Real Steel parts on the Marushin m16a1   Real Steel parts on the Marushin m16a1 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2022 9:26 am

Sadly my Marushin M16A1 model is stored away, but as you may know the "barrel" between the receiver and front sight is just an aluminum tube with two threads. So everyone with a lathe/mill should be able to make a tube with the proper lenght and cut the proper (IIRC 14 mm positive) threads into it.
Back to top Go down
Ivn3067

PostSubject: Re: Real Steel parts on the Marushin m16a1   Real Steel parts on the Marushin m16a1 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2022 2:51 am

MadMike wrote:
Sadly my Marushin M16A1 model is stored away, but as you may know the "barrel" between the receiver and front sight is just an aluminum tube with two threads. So everyone with a lathe/mill should be able to make a tube with the proper lenght and cut the proper (IIRC 14 mm positive) threads into it.

Is there anyone on the forum that’s willing to help with the milling of a new barrel? I dont know anyone who could do this. Also the cost of service if anyone is willing to help me out?
Back to top Go down
Ivn3067

PostSubject: Re: Real Steel parts on the Marushin m16a1   Real Steel parts on the Marushin m16a1 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2022 4:15 pm

yellow wrote:
please excuse me for the off-topic, but do you speak French or Dutch?  Very Happy

I wonder on some parts if they’re able to take real parts like the bolt catch
Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

Number of posts : 647
Location / Country : Germany (Stuttgart)
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Real Steel parts on the Marushin m16a1   Real Steel parts on the Marushin m16a1 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2022 10:30 am

Real Steel parts on the Marushin m16a1 LoPR7sX

It should not be difficult to make the barrel part. It is just an aluminum tube with 14 mm threads at the ends.

The length of the whole assembly can be slightly adjusted by screwing the barrel tube in and out. It then gets secured by a lock nut.

A real bolt catch would net soome modifications so that it would fit. I have never done this myself as I was able to get spare parts from Japan. But these are made of zinc and tend to break.

I hope I will be able to help a little more soon, but right now I just cannot find the time. Sorry.

SunHill999 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Real Steel parts on the Marushin m16a1   Real Steel parts on the Marushin m16a1 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Real Steel parts on the Marushin m16a1
Page 1 of 1