MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hudson's "MAD MAX" SAWED OFF SHOTGUN

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Hudson's "MAD MAX" SAWED OFF SHOTGUN Empty
PostSubject: Hudson's "MAD MAX" SAWED OFF SHOTGUN   Hudson's "MAD MAX" SAWED OFF SHOTGUN Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 4:25 pm

Post by Garyforce

I hummed and harrred about buying this one as i thought "should i really buy 2 modelguns that are technically identical barring the grip style" Rolling Eyes ...
i then thought "sod it ! ... of course i should" Very Happy Laughing
so ... here is...

HUDSON's 'MAD MAX' SAWED-OFF SHOTGUN
(pictured below)
Specs
Length: 45 cms / 17 6/8" (muzzle to butt)
Barrel: 25.5 cm / 10" (open)
Weight: 1.2 kg (approx)
Materials: heavyweight abs and metal parts.
Grip: Wood stocks
Comments
If you haven't seen the Mad Max movies then your missing out .... but also you wont have seen this gun at its best Very Happy
This is another gun thats got the looks Very Happy .... and when i opened the box...i knew id made the right choice Wink
the only difference between this model and its 'normal' double barrel shotgun counterpart is the stock ..... this shotgun has the pistol grip style stock ...which is really cool Wink
this makes it excellent to hold single handed as well as with 2 .... and because ifs 'sawed-off' the weight is really good for its size Very Happy

Loading ....simple
Take 2 of Hudson’s 12 gauge shotgun carts and put 3 5mm caps face up in the end ….. open the barrel and slide in the rounds and your done Smile

Firing
This particular shotgun has 2 triggers ( 1 per barrel obviously ) .. now…. fire at will
At the risk of repeating myself ....the MARUSHIN P.F.C caps win over the M.G caps not for the sparks but for the 'bang' the 3 caps per cart give this a real kick Very Happy

Cleaning
Striping down this gun is identical to the normal double barrel shotgun Hudson prdouce ( i mean....its is the same isnt it .... except for the grip Very Happy....so forgive my copy and pasting this from the old reivew Laughing )
2 screws allow you to remove the stock. Next 3 screws let you open up the housing of the trigger / hammer mechanism.
Now the trigger / hammer mechanism isn’t complicated …. But can be fiddley to remove / put back as its 2 triggers ! as always its best to refer to the instructions or to make note of how the parts of the hammer & trigger fit back together.
Next …… unscrew and remove the fore grip from the barrel (which you’ve probably already removed at this point).
Now you can clean and oil the gun using whatever cleaning solution / oil you prefer. (i recommend marks cleaning technique of hot water, baking soda & vinegar)
Then once we are cleaned and oiled .... put it all back together ....and that’s that !

Over all
This ...like the Customised M-73 is a gun that you want just for its cool looks Wink
its a cracking shotgun.... feels good ... fires well .... and is just good Very Happy
if there is a point against it (and im knocking a mark off for this) ...its that the barrel is ABS rather than metal ..... then again...if it was metal .... its as good as a real shotgun so thats probably not going to happen Laughing ...but if it was an all metal & wood it would be excellent Smile 9/10
Hudson's "MAD MAX" SAWED OFF SHOTGUN 130392341
Hudson's "MAD MAX" SAWED OFF SHOTGUN 130391802
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Hudson's "MAD MAX" SAWED OFF SHOTGUN   Hudson's "MAD MAX" SAWED OFF SHOTGUN Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 4:27 pm

Post by Illuminati

3 caps per cart, jeez lol. thats gotta be pretty loud
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Hudson's "MAD MAX" SAWED OFF SHOTGUN   Hudson's "MAD MAX" SAWED OFF SHOTGUN Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 4:28 pm

Post by Garyforce

it is illuminati Hudson's "MAD MAX" SAWED OFF SHOTGUN Icon_biggrin

but ...if i had to compare the loudness of this to say .... well ..... the custom M-73

it isnt as loud as you may expect Hudson's "MAD MAX" SAWED OFF SHOTGUN Icon_smile ..still good though Hudson's "MAD MAX" SAWED OFF SHOTGUN Icon_wink
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Hudson's "MAD MAX" SAWED OFF SHOTGUN   Hudson's "MAD MAX" SAWED OFF SHOTGUN Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 4:29 pm

Post by INTERCEPTOR

Geez' ! 3 ?! That'd cost a lot on Caps Hudson's "MAD MAX" SAWED OFF SHOTGUN Icon_biggrin .Is that the regular number you have to put in carts or is it just to make it louder ?
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Hudson's "MAD MAX" SAWED OFF SHOTGUN   Hudson's "MAD MAX" SAWED OFF SHOTGUN Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 4:30 pm

Post by Garyforce

thats the amount that are loaded into the shells as standard Hudson's "MAD MAX" SAWED OFF SHOTGUN Icon_biggrin

so 3 per shell is only six .... you go through more than that in your average pistol Hudson's "MAD MAX" SAWED OFF SHOTGUN Icon_smile
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Hudson's "MAD MAX" SAWED OFF SHOTGUN   Hudson's "MAD MAX" SAWED OFF SHOTGUN Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 4:31 pm

Post by Claymore

I would put 10 in mine and stuff the cost if it meant a huge flame out of the barrel, nice review mate and it is a mean looking bit of kit. Being small though how does it feel in the weight dept
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Hudson's "MAD MAX" SAWED OFF SHOTGUN   Hudson's "MAD MAX" SAWED OFF SHOTGUN Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 4:31 pm

Post by Garyforce

for the size of it claymore its well heavy Hudson's "MAD MAX" SAWED OFF SHOTGUN Icon_wink Hudson's "MAD MAX" SAWED OFF SHOTGUN Icon_biggrin

seriously ...it does have a nice solid feel to it.

if you compare it to the normal double barrel shotgun.... thats too light mainly because of the length of whats just a plastic barrel.... but with this its perfect Hudson's "MAD MAX" SAWED OFF SHOTGUN Icon_biggrin..least i think so Hudson's "MAD MAX" SAWED OFF SHOTGUN Icon_biggrin
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Hudson's "MAD MAX" SAWED OFF SHOTGUN   Hudson's "MAD MAX" SAWED OFF SHOTGUN Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 4:32 pm

Post by Spencerman

Just out of interest, is it possible to put 10 caps in one of these? I would imagine (and this is only speculation) that if you were physically able to then you probably could use 10 as there is no mechanism as such to cycle through, so there is not really anything to get damaged from too much force except the barrel, and that I would imagine would be able to take a fair bit of abuse. Is is possible to relace the plastic barrels with metal ones? I guess that six caps (3x7mm and 3x5mm) per cart and shit loads of magnesium powder would yeald superb results from this? Go on, try it! Hudson's "MAD MAX" SAWED OFF SHOTGUN Icon_twisted
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Hudson's "MAD MAX" SAWED OFF SHOTGUN   Hudson's "MAD MAX" SAWED OFF SHOTGUN Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 4:33 pm

Post by Garyforce

nope Hudson's "MAD MAX" SAWED OFF SHOTGUN Icon_smile ..sorry to dissapoint you there its not possible

you can only get 3 5mm caps in each shell .....and ....if you look into the barrel there is a fixed 3 prong pin for the caps to strike...........so if you did load it up itd make no difference Hudson's "MAD MAX" SAWED OFF SHOTGUN Icon_biggrin
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hudson's "MAD MAX" SAWED OFF SHOTGUN   Hudson's "MAD MAX" SAWED OFF SHOTGUN Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hudson's "MAD MAX" SAWED OFF SHOTGUN
Page 1 of 1