MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HOW TO TELL IF MY ZINC RMI COLT 45 FIRES CAPS

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kerland

Number of posts : 45
Location / Country : United States
Registration date : 2010-02-22

HOW TO TELL IF MY ZINC RMI COLT 45 FIRES CAPS Empty
PostSubject: HOW TO TELL IF MY ZINC RMI COLT 45 FIRES CAPS   HOW TO TELL IF MY ZINC RMI COLT 45 FIRES CAPS Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 12:31 pm

I have an extremely old RMI Colt 45. I know it's old because it actually says "Caliver" instead of Caliber (it was corrected on later models). Also, the box that it came in has a sticker on it giving the American address as Replica Models Inc. as opposed to Collectors Armory. Also the address for the US distributor is different than the 800 Slaters Lane, Alexandria Virginia (I had this memorized as a kid back in the 1980's).

I've looked into the barrel and I can see what looks like a detonator pin... is there anything else I should look for. I remember all of these pistols had dummy brass cartridges with a small hole in the front so I'm wondering if perhaps what I think is a detonator pin is just a pin to handle those solid brass cartridges.

The barrel itself seems to have a solid block about two inches down when I peer in from the front.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

K
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1238
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO TELL IF MY ZINC RMI COLT 45 FIRES CAPS   HOW TO TELL IF MY ZINC RMI COLT 45 FIRES CAPS Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 3:14 pm

To my Knowledge with some of these older models you could put a cap in the end of the round and manually chamber pull the trigger and the cap would hit the det pin and you would get a bang no blow back though.
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO TELL IF MY ZINC RMI COLT 45 FIRES CAPS   HOW TO TELL IF MY ZINC RMI COLT 45 FIRES CAPS Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 6:57 pm

Here's a picture of carts with a hole in the "bullet" (right older design, left newer):
HOW TO TELL IF MY ZINC RMI COLT 45 FIRES CAPS Pic_16

At the time these models were released only paper caps (not plastic ones we know now) were available, and they did not have enough energy to reliably move a heavy metal slide. I think it were possible to insert these paper cap(s) into the opening and detonate it, as claymore wrote, but these were not blowback models.

Picture is taken from a Japanese page describing these MGC models (imported and sold by RMI). You can find there "caliver" version of slide:
http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~yon-yon/cgi/mgc/GM1/index.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO TELL IF MY ZINC RMI COLT 45 FIRES CAPS   HOW TO TELL IF MY ZINC RMI COLT 45 FIRES CAPS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HOW TO TELL IF MY ZINC RMI COLT 45 FIRES CAPS
Page 1 of 1