MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Colt SAA - subtle changes Colt made

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kiwigunner
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
kiwigunner

Number of posts : 556
Location / Country : Auckland/New Zealand
Registration date : 2010-03-10

Colt SAA - subtle changes Colt made Empty
PostSubject: Colt SAA - subtle changes Colt made   Colt SAA - subtle changes Colt made Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 1:28 am

I learned something new this week!
Well they say when your learn something new your day hasn't been wasted.
Some of you MAY be aware of the following - but I bet most of your were as "dumb" as me! lol!

While I was making my Wyatt Earp Long Colt display model - https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/t3552-commemorative-grips-buntline-specialI - I compared my MGC modelgun Colt SAA's with it. ANG GUESS WHAT I DISCOVERED???? scratch

Colt SAA - subtle changes Colt made ABuntline

Colt SAA - subtle changes Colt made Arealcolt

Colt SAA - subtle changes Colt made AnMGCColtSAA

Colt SAA - subtle changes Colt made Anothercoltinnovation

Colt SAA - subtle changes Colt made Duo[

Colt SAA - subtle changes Colt made Lockpin
Colt SAA - subtle changes Colt made LockingpinCU

Mon Dieu! Sacre-bleu! I will have to make this modification to my display model Long Colt, if it is to be more authentic!
The Gunfight at the O.K. Corral was a gunfight that took place at about 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday, October 26, 1881, so that places the Long olt as being pre-1896. Evil or Very Mad
I COULD leave it, and most people probably won't know any difference ... but I WOULD! And it would irritate me.

I'll have to leave it for now - but I can see a summer project will have to happen!

Did any Japanese Colt SAA modelgun manufacturers ever make a modelgun with this feature? I am unaware of any - but I'm not an expert on the variations that were made.

I HOPE YOU FOLKS OUT THERE IN CYBERSPACE HAVE HAD A NON-WASTED DAY FROM THIS POST! Idea

Kiwigunner

Last edited by kiwigunner on Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:04 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : added link; added data; fixed typo)
Back to top Go down
http://anzaction.weebly.com/

Colt SAA - subtle changes Colt made
Page 1 of 1