MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

LS MODEL GUNS

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kerland

Number of posts : 45
Location / Country : United States
Registration date : 2010-02-22

LS MODEL GUNS Empty
PostSubject: LS MODEL GUNS   LS MODEL GUNS Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 8:00 pm

I have the opportunity to buy about twenty assembled LS model pistols (they run the gamut from the Bolo Mauser to the Nambu to various Magnum revolvers) from the 1980's.

While I used to build these as a kid, I wasn't sure if there is any value in collecting them now, especially since I'm more into the MGC metal replicas. I just can't financially afford to buy things these days unless I know that I can sell them for at least what I bought them for.

The whole collection of twenty pistols that are all in mint condition would be about $120USD... Does this sound like a good deal and is there any market if I buy these and want to sell them because that dream MGC MP40 that actually fires turns up for a decent price.

Thanks for any advice/suggestions.

Back to top Go down
DOC
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
DOC

Number of posts : 234
Location / Country : Not so Great Britain
Registration date : 2008-09-07

LS MODEL GUNS Empty
PostSubject: Re: LS MODEL GUNS   LS MODEL GUNS Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 8:02 am

15 views and no replies ...

well if you tell us where they are we`ll tell you if they are worth it Wink

seriously ....unless you can find a market for them and dont want to just own them for $120 then dont buy them

if you are hoping to make money from them then thats something you have to work out in your own head.

as far as collectability goes ...they would be worth far more still in kit form..

a good businessman will find a market for something and then supply it rather than have a product and then find a market.

If this forum was to be your market then its not ideal to state how much you are paying for them all Very Happy

DOC

Back to top Go down
JohnnyV
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
JohnnyV

Number of posts : 552
Location / Country : Cambridgeshire UK
Registration date : 2009-08-24

LS MODEL GUNS Empty
PostSubject: Re: LS MODEL GUNS   LS MODEL GUNS Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 11:35 am

My view is that at $6 a model you cannot go far wrong! worth $120 just for the fun factor cheers
Buy them and enjoy them!
Just my view though Wink

SunHill999 likes this post

Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1233
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

LS MODEL GUNS Empty
PostSubject: Re: LS MODEL GUNS   LS MODEL GUNS Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 12:30 pm

20 for $120 seems good to me i would buy one for $6 a piece. As doc says the market is usually for the kits and when they come up they go fast i have never seen any finished models for sale before probably because they tend to break so easy. for nostalgia sake i wouldnt mind the models i built many years ago but i would not pay that much for one i have but bids on LS kits that have come up but they went over $25 i stopped bidding and would pay less for a built model. I dont think they are a great financial investment to be honest but i would think you would get more that $6 per gun but not a lot more.

Back to top Go down
Kerland

Number of posts : 45
Location / Country : United States
Registration date : 2010-02-22

LS MODEL GUNS Empty
PostSubject: thanks for the info   LS MODEL GUNS Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 12:37 pm

Thanks everyone... When you put it at six dollars a gun that does actually seem like a good deal. I may just see if he'll break up the collection and sell me the ones that I'm most interested in (44 Auto Mag, etc.)

I wish that I could find unassembled LS kits... I really had a good time with them as a kid and always drooled over the xm177 one in particular.

Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

LS MODEL GUNS Empty
PostSubject: Re: LS MODEL GUNS   LS MODEL GUNS Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 2:05 pm

As a collection it does seem to be a fairly good deal, if someone is interested in LS models.

Locally I haven't seen LS kits, they were just not imported in the past years. A few assembled models appeared on auctions but did not fetch much interest. They were priced around 20-25$, I think only one sold. People seem to be more interested in airsoft models to get something more than just a dummy. For kids they look for cheaper (and durable) plastic toys.

Personally I would not buy such a kit (no memories from childhood to influence me) and I do not see much market here, especially after adding shipping costs.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

LS MODEL GUNS Empty
PostSubject: Re: LS MODEL GUNS   LS MODEL GUNS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LS MODEL GUNS
Page 1 of 1