MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Late MGC 68 MP40 disassembly problems

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jeppo
Jeppo

Number of posts : 44
Location / Country : Stockholm/Sweden
Registration date : 2010-05-14

Late MGC 68 MP40 disassembly problems Empty
PostSubject: Late MGC 68 MP40 disassembly problems   Late MGC 68 MP40 disassembly problems Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 4:05 pm

Hi model gun friends!

I recently acquired a pristine mgc mp40, late model though. But I can't seem to disassemble it. I could really need some help in this matter, I have studied the other disassembly post also.

Do I need to remove the barrel before I can remove the upper receiver? To remove the barrel do I need to take out this metal pin seen in this picture:

Late MGC 68 MP40 disassembly problems Mp40

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1233
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Late MGC 68 MP40 disassembly problems   Late MGC 68 MP40 disassembly problems Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 7:17 pm

To remove the upper and lower receiver you pull the pin on the lower receiver (the knurled pin) pull and twist so it locks out then twist the upper receiver to the left about 45 degrees keep the trigget pulled and then pull the receiver forward. As for the barrel the barrel nut should just screw off but looks like you have a pin in place that you will have to knock out first.
Back to top Go down
kiwigunner
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
kiwigunner

Number of posts : 556
Location / Country : Auckland/New Zealand
Registration date : 2010-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Late MGC 68 MP40 disassembly problems   Late MGC 68 MP40 disassembly problems Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 7:24 pm

Hi Jeppo.

This might help re your barrel removal:
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/t2572-removing-my-mgcmp40-barrel

removing your grub screw might be a challenge. If you can't get it out using a screw remover bit on a power-drill (set to "reverse" mode) then you might have to be "creative".

I've resorted to wedging a flat-bladed (slightly over-wide) screw driver into the hole, and gently trying to unscrew it - AFTER well lubricating it with Liquid Wrench & letting it soak in.

I'm sure other Forum members can suggest their other ideas based on their experiences too!

Keep us posted on how you do!

Kiwigunner
Back to top Go down
http://anzaction.weebly.com/
Jeppo
Jeppo

PostSubject: Re: Late MGC 68 MP40 disassembly problems   Late MGC 68 MP40 disassembly problems Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 7:35 pm

Thanks guys!
In theory I know how to remove the upper receiver, thanks to all the guides on this forum , but no matter how it will not come off.
My thought was if the barrel needs to be removed first?
As for the upper I can turn it approx 30 degrees, pulling the trigger, but not more, and then it wont move.

/ j
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Late MGC 68 MP40 disassembly problems   Late MGC 68 MP40 disassembly problems Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 11:13 am

Hi Jeppo,

The receiver should dissassemble with the barrel still attached.

The receiver is locked in place by the knurled wheel and pin
Late MGC 68 MP40 disassembly problems DSC00221

pull the wheel down and outwards, turn it about a quarter turn to lock in place.

The Trigger has to be kept squeezed because the Sear protrudes into the Receiver through a slot.

A basic "bayonet" type fixing also locks the receiver tube into the cap at the back of the lower receiver. This is the reason why the receiver has to be twisted around until the rear sights almost touch the frame.
I remember my first attempts at stripping my MGC '40 were made difficult by a very stiff bayonet fixing. It need a determined effort to unlock it.

The following article could help you,

please note the photos below are of Marushin MP40 but the mag'well lug is essentially the same

Late MGC 68 MP40 disassembly problems MP40Magwellslotparthome

Late MGC 68 MP40 disassembly problems MP40Magwellslotlockedhome

I hope this helps.
I'll have to take photos of my MGC '40 next time I strip it. We don't have a step by step guide specifically for this model

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Jeppo
Jeppo

PostSubject: Re: Late MGC 68 MP40 disassembly problems   Late MGC 68 MP40 disassembly problems Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 12:27 pm

Thank you!!!
Finally I got it off! It just took a little more force than I originally dared to put in! Very Happy

Next task; barrel removal!

Again, thanks!

/ Jeppo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Late MGC 68 MP40 disassembly problems   Late MGC 68 MP40 disassembly problems Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Late MGC 68 MP40 disassembly problems
Page 1 of 1