MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wanting to use a model gun for film project, but don't want one that "sparks" from

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jeremiahjw

Number of posts : 5
Location / Country : Dallas, TX
Registration date : 2011-01-25

Wanting to use a model gun for film project, but don't want one that "sparks" from  Empty
PostSubject: Wanting to use a model gun for film project, but don't want one that "sparks" from    Wanting to use a model gun for film project, but don't want one that "sparks" from  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 5:56 pm

I'm wanting to use a model gun for film/video, but I've noticed in a lot of videos that the guns emit sparks when fired, such as in the two videos below.

I was noticing in some other videos, that some guns didn't spark.

Are there certain types of model guns that don't emit sparks?

Thanks!

P.S. My first post here, found out about this site through the guy that did the 3rd video I mentioned in this post.
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1234
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Wanting to use a model gun for film project, but don't want one that "sparks" from  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanting to use a model gun for film project, but don't want one that "sparks" from    Wanting to use a model gun for film project, but don't want one that "sparks" from  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 7:06 pm

It can depend on the caps you use there are 2 types ones by marushin that spark like hell and mgc caps that dont spark (well much) if you use a short barel gun like a snub nose then even the mgc caps will spark a bit out of the barrel but otherwise you dont normally get anything sapark wise from mgc caps. It can also make a difference on what lube you use for the cartridge piston, if you use oil you gets loads of smoke if you use silicon it keeps smoke down other types of grease may well give a few extra sparks. anyway its mgc caps you will need.
Back to top Go down
jeremiahjw

Number of posts : 5
Location / Country : Dallas, TX
Registration date : 2011-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Wanting to use a model gun for film project, but don't want one that "sparks" from    Wanting to use a model gun for film project, but don't want one that "sparks" from  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 7:18 pm

Thanks! That answers my question!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wanting to use a model gun for film project, but don't want one that "sparks" from    Wanting to use a model gun for film project, but don't want one that "sparks" from  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wanting to use a model gun for film project, but don't want one that "sparks" from
Page 1 of 1