MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Modelguns International

Go down 
+2
smootik
walmic
6 posters
AuthorMessage
walmic
walmic

Number of posts : 29
Location / Country : Germany
Registration date : 2011-01-23

Modelguns International Empty
PostSubject: Modelguns International   Modelguns International Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 11:11 am

A new website with the modelguns has been published on the web. At first sight, it looks clear. It can be paid via PayPal, pleases me also. Let's see how it develops.
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Modelguns International   Modelguns International Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 11:57 am

http://modelgunsinternational.com/

Says it's Japan-based, international shipping. Selection is fairly good, for example they have a silver version of MadMax that I haven't seen elsewhere. Prices are a mixed bag - some are quite good, some surprisingly high. Website claims to have an "opening sale", but I do not see any link for it yet.
As this is a brand new website not all quirks have been worked out yet. Sometimes descriptions do not fit photos, for example Thompson has a photo with Cutt's compensator, yet description says "This is limited edition set that we have put together to provide a early Thompson M1921 model without Cutts compensator".

In any case - good to see another option for purchases, and I hope it comes out as a solid shop Smile
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Modelguns International   Modelguns International Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 12:02 pm

Uhm, domain is registered to:
Nakamura, Miki
Tokyo Toy Distribution
[...] Tokyo, Japan
http://whois.domaintools.com/modelgunsinternational.com

He is behind several other shopping websites, including:
wwiiguns.com
tokyohobby.net
japanairsoftguns.com
tokyotoydistribution.com
vietnamwar-guns.com

Opinion about him in airsoft world (he sells not only modelguns) is pretty bad. An example:
http://www.digitalwastelands.com/content/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=30&Itemid=29

"the guy's had 3 shops in Finland, which all went down (with the buyers money) and then he moved back to Japan. Where from he actually ran his 3rd store called Airsoft-Finland, which was pretty much a hoax."

"Tokyo Hobby was the retailer behind the infamous Props Canada (aka PropScam) airsoft scam here in Canada. In short, an order was placed through a middleman for nearly $60,000 (Canadian Funds) of guns and gear using Tokyo Hobby as the wholesaler. 3 years later, some people have yet to recieve either the goods they paid for, or a refund."

Whole thread on Arnie's:
http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=2570

And a separate warning article:
http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/?filnavn=articles/tokyo_hobby/tokyo_hobby.htm

Last edited by smootik on Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:17 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1234
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Modelguns International   Modelguns International Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 12:07 pm

This store has been around for a while, well at least a store with this name but it never seemed to be active. Looking at this it might of finally started up business maybe the guys in Japan can give us a better idea about this store as they have stuff on that i doubt they have, for instance AK47 ammo and PPSH ammo. Its good to see another modelgun store open and one in english i just hope its for real.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Modelguns International   Modelguns International Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 2:29 pm

We've read some good reports here about service from wwiiguns.com in the past but unfortunately there are many more worrying tales of non-delivery and scams around too.

The Opening sales discount of 10% applies to existing customers or e-mail newsletter recipients.

Whilst it's good to see another Modelgun retailer opening for business it does seem rather odd rthat Tokyo Toy Distribution set up yet another Company selling exactly the same products as they do through all their other outlets scratch

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
JohnnyV
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
JohnnyV

Number of posts : 552
Location / Country : Cambridgeshire UK
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Modelguns International   Modelguns International Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 3:09 pm

I Have heard very mixed reports about the stores.... some good some very bad..
As Claymore says i doubt they have some of the items advertised, but who knows fingers crossed.
I did contact the "new" store a mth ago and got no reply????
Someone want to risk it and let us know how things go Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
ljerr2
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 571
Location / Country : Iowa, USA
Registration date : 2008-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Modelguns International   Modelguns International Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 5:57 pm

I've never had any experience with them, but why would I want to? Why would anyone want to, given their reputation? We all want it to be good, but that doesn't make it so. We've all heard the stories, but just want it so badly that we are almost willing to look the other way and ignore what our better judgment tells us. Sure, maybe an order or two will make it, but their appears to be "character" issues here and it is only a matter of time before it rears its head again. I feel like all members on this forum are my friends and I hate to see a friend get taken.
My $.02.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Modelguns International   Modelguns International Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Modelguns International
Page 1 of 1