MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where do you buy modelguns?

Go down 
+2
smootik
josh676
6 posters
AuthorMessage
josh676
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 180
Location / Country : Australia
Registration date : 2012-05-14

Where do you buy modelguns? Empty
PostSubject: Where do you buy modelguns?   Where do you buy modelguns? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 10:15 am

I see so many amazing models, but can't seem to find places to get them, other than modelguncollector.co.uk and http://modelgunsinternational.com/

are they reputable?
Back to top Go down
josh676
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy modelguns?   Where do you buy modelguns? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 2:24 pm

Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy modelguns?   Where do you buy modelguns? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 5:57 pm

For some sources please check thread below. Make sure to read until end, as some shops do not exist anymore, we basically only have PFCGUK who ships internationally:
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/t81-where-can-i-buy-from

modelgunscollector.co.uk no longer ships outside UK, so this option is fairly limited geographically.

modelgunsinternational.com and tokyohobby.net - these are stores of the same owner, Miki Nakamura, who doesn't have a good background I'm afraid. Some people get what they pay for, others get scammed. See thread below:
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/t2727-modelguns-international
Back to top Go down
Dronne
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Dronne

Number of posts : 215
Location / Country : France Paris
Registration date : 2012-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy modelguns?   Where do you buy modelguns? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 9:55 am

Hi everybody,
josh676, avoid purchasing at www.tokyohobby.net, it's a crooks nest.
Or pay with Paypal, and only paypal.
Back to top Go down
josh676
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy modelguns?   Where do you buy modelguns? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 9:56 am

The m4 and m16 for 400, if it sounds too good to be true it is!
Back to top Go down
Dronne
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Dronne

Number of posts : 215
Location / Country : France Paris
Registration date : 2012-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy modelguns?   Where do you buy modelguns? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 10:01 am

Do as you like, but be prepared to send complaints mails to paypal!
It's the only way to get back your money, or to get your parcel! No
Back to top Go down
josh676
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy modelguns?   Where do you buy modelguns? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 10:30 am

I won't be buying from there. It would be nice if they were real prices!
Back to top Go down
dignan00

Number of posts : 2
Location / Country : United States
Registration date : 2012-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy modelguns?   Where do you buy modelguns? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 7:33 am

Does Den Trinity have a good reputation? Are there any plug fire cap gun stores in the USA?
Back to top Go down
dignan00

Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy modelguns?   Where do you buy modelguns? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 7:57 am

Even better question, do any of the "model guns" on the Den Trinity site even fire caps? Or are they all non firing or gas? They never specify it seems.
Back to top Go down
josh676
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy modelguns?   Where do you buy modelguns? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 8:24 am

I ordered from Dentrinity on Tuesday, goods were seized by customs on Friday, got a phone call that they were ready for pick up today. I am going in on Friday so I will let you know the condition that they arrive in. My belief is that they are PFC's, and not dummy guns.
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy modelguns?   Where do you buy modelguns? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 9:20 am

Den Trinity is a reputable shop from Hongkong.

For information on what is sold in HK as modelguns please refer to thread posted just a few days ago on the same subject:
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/t3557-marushin-smith-wesson-m39-question

Recap:
Caps are banned in HK, so shops there have to advertise and sell all their model guns as "display only". You get a model and cartridges as in the original manufacturers set, but no caps.

In shop offer you will find both cap-firing (majority) and dummy models, depending on how the original operates. They do not modify modelguns to render them completely dummy. If you know that, say a MGC 1911 MEU is a cap-firing model, than this is what you get. Also if you know Marushin S&W 39 is dummy, then a non-cap model you get.
Back to top Go down
maxfisher

Number of posts : 3

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy modelguns?   Where do you buy modelguns? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 5:12 am

What about this particular item # at Den Trinity:
MPIS083ARK
Product Name: HWS Colt Single Action Army .45 Artillery Heavy Weight Model Gun Kit

Would you say this is a cap firing gun? And if so, what caps would I need and where can you get them?

They have several Colt S.A.A. 45 "model gun kits" at Den Trinity, and most are labeled "for display purposes only." Would these all likely be cap firing? How can one tell easily from the photos?

Just want to make sure that what I order aren't dummy guns and can actually fire caps.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Momocampo
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

Number of posts : 389
Location / Country : France
Registration date : 2011-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy modelguns?   Where do you buy modelguns? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 9:36 am

Hello Maxfisher,

Yes there are cap guns. I know because I have 2 HWS colt saa gun kit.
But your reference is out of stock....
Anyway, this gun kit use 7mm caps, one cap in each 6 cartridges, you can also find double cartridges, which use 2 caps in ONE cartridge.
You must know you have to assemble it (you have a good user's manual, even is in Japanese) and you must paint it if you want a very good looking. No worry, easy to assemble.
I think dentrinity write "for display only" because caps are forbidden is Hong Kong. Just check there is no " dummy cartridge", which means "no cap" but just cycling, no "bang" Smile

Ok I hope you understand now Smile

Wink
Back to top Go down
josh676
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy modelguns?   Where do you buy modelguns? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 9:48 am

Big ups to Dentrinity and Ehobby asia, both good suppliers of model guns. My goods arrived today.
Back to top Go down
maxfisher

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy modelguns?   Where do you buy modelguns? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 5:28 am

Thanks Momocampo, appreciate your information.

At DenTrinity, the only model gun kit similar to that one that is marked as in stock is item # MPIS097
Product Name HWS Colt Single Action Army .45 F.D.C. Heavy Weight Model Gun Kit

Does this one appear to fire 7mm caps as well? What does F.D.C. stand for?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Momocampo
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy modelguns?   Where do you buy modelguns? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 9:02 am

Hello Maxfisher,

This HWS model appears to be a "custom", and FDC means "Fast Draw Custom".
This custom has some different parts than a "classical" version doesn't have. You have a different hammer, a different cylinder rod,etc
You can see here a photo for a custom version :

Where do you buy modelguns? Twohnd1

You see the hammer? Special isn't it?

So, the Dentrinity version is a custom but you can order classical parts if you want (Contact Shazhib). I can even sell you different grip that I have in spare (I will show you in the future if you want).

Ok don't hesitate if you have others questions Smile

Wink
Back to top Go down
maxfisher

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy modelguns?   Where do you buy modelguns? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 5:56 am

Thanks again Momocampo.

I think the custom gives it an interesting look. I just wanted to make sure, this FDC custom does indeed fire 7mm caps as far as you know?

Back to top Go down
Momocampo
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy modelguns?   Where do you buy modelguns? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 9:04 am

Hello Maxfisher,
Yes, I am almost sure this this the same thing than other saa gun kit. Look at the cartridges, they are all gold and we can see in the middle the part which unscrew. The dummy cartridge are always with a different top part like some Marushin model gun (P38, S&W,etc). You can see at Dentrinity in marushin category.
Don't forget to post us photos when you will assemble it Smile

Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where do you buy modelguns?   Where do you buy modelguns? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where do you buy modelguns?
Page 1 of 1