MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

KAR MP40

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
collectorpp

Number of posts : 3
Location / Country : NZ
Registration date : 2011-01-09

KAR MP40 Empty
PostSubject: KAR MP40   KAR MP40 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 10:28 am

Hi All ,,

I came accross a "KAR" made model of the MP40 that is currently being sold in the US ,, from what they had on the auction site it sounds quite good ,, However as being new to model collecting I would like to hear the opinions of members who have perhapes had experiance of this particular model or someone that might even presently own one ,, Thanks in advance for your help ..

Cheers
collectorpp Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11076
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

KAR MP40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: KAR MP40   KAR MP40 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 2:11 am

Hello collectorpp, welcome to the forum.

If I'm correct assuming the KAR is Keystone Arsenal Replicas, the MP40 they've recently added to their catalogue is a zinc alloy model made by Denix of Spain.
Keystone have, over the years bought in modelguns from various sources as well as made their own.
Denix is one such supplier. You'll see examples of Denix Thompsons on offer too.

The Denix MP40 is a display only model. It'll cock the bolt, trigger mechanism works but the model cannot chamber cartridges of any description. The magazines supplied are empty shells too, i.e. they have no follower or spring installed.

There's some more information for you here :-

Marushin and MGC made MP40 modelguns are far better replicas, even if Marushin's is mostly ABS (or Heavy Weight ABS in their latest version) with several zinc or steel parts it's capable of firing cap charged brass cartridges. These are available at very reasonable prices - generally lower than KARs MP40
MGC MP40s were made until the late 1970s, are steel body models with zinc parts. These came in both cap firing and display only versions. Still available but commanding high prices.

As cap supply is a major problem in the USA at the moment, a cap firing modelgun may not be able to perform and fire as it's intended but it's still an accurate, fully strippable example of the real thing.

I hope this helps you some,

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net

KAR MP40
Page 1 of 1