MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marushin's ENFIELD No.2 MkI (HEAVY WEIGHT, IRON FINISH)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11074
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Marushin's ENFIELD No.2 MkI (HEAVY WEIGHT, IRON FINISH) Empty
PostSubject: Marushin's ENFIELD No.2 MkI (HEAVY WEIGHT, IRON FINISH)   Marushin's ENFIELD No.2 MkI (HEAVY WEIGHT, IRON FINISH) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 7:46 pm

Post by Garyforce

Well here’s another one ive just got from francky which is a duplicate ....but this is to replace my Enfield kit version (by the way...wil somebody buy that to help me pay for all this please Laughing )
anyway here's ....
MARUSHIN’s ENFIELD NO.2 MKI (HEAVY WEIGHT, IRON FINISH VERSION)
(pictured below)

Specs
Length: 25.5 cms / 10" (muzzle to butt)
Barrel: 12.7 cm / 5" (full length / open)
Weight: 650g (approx)
Materials: Shock resistant abs & zinc alloy
Grip: Plastic (wood grips if they do exist are like pixie dust ...rare Sad )

Comments
"why didnt i get this in the first place" Very Happy .... thats all i could think when i got this off francky .... this model is so much better than the kit version ...it has a nicer finish and is a heavier weight ... the grips (even though not wooden) are a higher quality finish than the kit version grips Smile.... all in all the preferable choice over the kit .... saving money is just not worth it when you compare the 2 Smile

Loading the enfield is pretty standard to all revolvers except the way the cylinder is accessed. The gun takes the .38 caliber carts which you 1st unscrew, then you take a 7mm cap face up and pushing down the cartridge all that remains is to screw the cart back together. Having primed six cartridges you simply then press the thumb catch (to the left of the hammer) to operate the ‘swing open’ barrel & cylinder so it appears as though your gun is snapped in 2 ! now … push your carts into the cylinder snap the gun back together and your done.
Firing
Just pull the trigger !
This is a ‘semi automatic’ revolver in the sense that you can just keep pulling the trigger and the cylinder will automatically rotate until all 6 rounds are spent..... you can discharge the gun as slow or quickly as you please really ! … the whole process could be over in 3-4 seconds.

Cleaning
Ok now cleaning the gun has the good old 2 methods …. The quick way and the thorough way !
The Quick way.
Press the thumb catch to release the barrel …. Take the cylinder out …. And clean it ! …how easy was that !
The thorough way.
This involves you first removing the thumb catch, then 4 screws allow you to remove the plate housing the trigger mechanism, which is not to fiddley really ! and at the risk of repeating myself as you remove the hammer & trigger its important (if not referring to instructions) to make note of how the parts of the hammer & trigger fit together ! (but as you had to put the damn thing together in the first place you should know this anyway )
A few more screws and catches allow you to remove the barrel and the grip. Next, clean and oil the gun using whatever cleaning solution / oil you prefer. (i recommend marks cleaning technique of hot water, baking soda & vinegar)
Then once we are cleaned and oiled .... put it all back together ....and that’s that ! you don’t need to clean this revolver that thoroughly that often unless your firing it a lot that is !

Over all
Well the above comments say it all really .... given the choice between this and the kit ... there is no choice Very Happy
a good solid revolver and one to buy .... a particual must if like me you like your old style revolvers Smile 8/10

Marushin's ENFIELD No.2 MkI (HEAVY WEIGHT, IRON FINISH) 130391437
Marushin's ENFIELD No.2 MkI (HEAVY WEIGHT, IRON FINISH) 130391391
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11074
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Marushin's ENFIELD No.2 MkI (HEAVY WEIGHT, IRON FINISH) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marushin's ENFIELD No.2 MkI (HEAVY WEIGHT, IRON FINISH)   Marushin's ENFIELD No.2 MkI (HEAVY WEIGHT, IRON FINISH) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 7:47 pm

Post by Mark

Gary,

It kind of looks like a person could make some money making stocks (grips) for the Marushin Enfield revolver as the plastic stocks look really bad in comparison...I really like the realistic rough metal look of this version compared to your plain ABS Enfield which is far too "glossy" looking.

There is an Enfield at a nearby gun shop that has it's original finish and it is very crude (1944 production, I would guess)

MGC MP40 Marushin MP40 Nakata MP40 TRC MP40

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net

Marushin's ENFIELD No.2 MkI (HEAVY WEIGHT, IRON FINISH)
Page 1 of 1