MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kokusai S&W M19 Heavy Weight

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11074
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Kokusai S&W M19 Heavy Weight Empty
PostSubject: Kokusai S&W M19 Heavy Weight   Kokusai S&W M19 Heavy Weight Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 2:27 pm

Post by shazhib

Hello.

OK, as I mentioned, will do small review of Kokusai M19. As I am not particularly good at writing a long sentence (even in Japanese), this could be short.

Let me skip history or explanation of real M19 as it is so famous.

1) Small history of the gun
Kokusai has been making it's revolver product line for long. At early stage of the line, it was ok, but little bit toy-ish. Many people regard Kokusai revolvers as mere dead copy of MGC revolver. However, late 70's or beginning of 80', Kokusai totally re-newed it's line, make it more realistic not only an exterior but also interior, on top of that, the action. By the time Kokusai release this new line, most of modelgun's revolver in generak, action is not realistic, especially, when you squeeze a trigger slowly, a cylinder still not rotate enough chamber to align with forcing cone. Then, when a hammer drops, it moves slightly to alight the forcing cone. But for Kokusai new lines, the chamber align just before the hammer drops. It was quite sensational at that time.

The new line started off by S&W M28 "Highway Patrolman", then, Kokusai expands it revolver line. M19 is of course, among those new line.

2) The model I have
This is HW 4 inches barrel model with "small cylinder insert" version. This is the latest version.

Kokusai S&W M19 Heavy Weight P1010013

The wooden grip is non original, it is for real gun I bought at HK when I meet John.

Other side view
Kokusai S&W M19 Heavy Weight P1010015

Small insert cylinder. Well seen bullet from front side. The rounds inside is from Mulberryfield.
Kokusai S&W M19 Heavy Weight P1010023

Close view around side plate. I sand with steel wool to have bit more used feeling.
Kokusai S&W M19 Heavy Weight P1010020-1

Swing out cylinder with Mulberryfield rounds.
Kokusai S&W M19 Heavy Weight P1010018-1

From the top. Real sight has "click" when you screw in/out to adjust the sight.
Kokusai S&W M19 Heavy Weight P1010025

Hope you enjoyed. If you want me to upload more photo. Let me know.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Kokusai S&W M19 Heavy Weight   Kokusai S&W M19 Heavy Weight Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 2:28 pm

Post by jim

I'm a huge fan of M10s & M36s Shazhib...for M19 - although I collect all HW 2.5", 4" as well as 6" - but I really only regard the 2.5" as my all-time favourite.

And I fully understand what you mean about the cylinder rotation matter - I got this feeling when I compared the firing action of my MGC Lawman & the Kokusai's.

Also in conjunction with Claymore's revolver movie - yes the cylinders of Kokusai's swing way better than MGC's as well as others (MKK)...I don't have any KSC revolver though.

And you got your wood grips from the shop in between the laundry shop and the motorcycle accessories shop in Gun Street (Kwong Wah St actually) isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Kokusai S&W M19 Heavy Weight   Kokusai S&W M19 Heavy Weight Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 2:29 pm

Post by Claymore

Ah! the M19 as you know shazhib this is my favourite revolver as i used to own the real thing, i have the metal 6 invh version and the HW snubby but i really want the HW 6 inch now (not going to happen just yet though.
great pics and i rally like the wood grips, normally i like to keep the revolvers standard but those grips add something.
Nice review please do more on some revolvers and maybe some pics of comparsion m19 models and there seem to have been a number of different versions mad i.e metal HW plastic etc as well as different companied making them
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Kokusai S&W M19 Heavy Weight   Kokusai S&W M19 Heavy Weight Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 2:30 pm

Post by jim

So let me join in the fun as well...!
Kokusai S&W M19 Heavy Weight 2054705759_a12020c5bb_b
As you can see - I missed the silver 4" because I'm not a huge fan of revolvers with middle barrel length (i.e. M10/M64 in 3" & M19/M66 in 4") and I just don't know why (maybe because it lack the "characters" of either the long or short barrel...)
I bought the HW M19 4" only because a gun shop in HK made a 20% discount particularly on this model - otherwise I'll give it a miss...but once I bought it I like it more and more... :wink:
And the black plastic grips fitted on the 2.5" M66 - it's made by Uncle Mike's and I ordered it online from S&W...
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Kokusai S&W M19 Heavy Weight   Kokusai S&W M19 Heavy Weight Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 2:31 pm

Post by jim

Another one shot without flash...
Kokusai S&W M19 Heavy Weight 2057288128_997fbc7518_b
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Kokusai S&W M19 Heavy Weight   Kokusai S&W M19 Heavy Weight Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 2:33 pm

Post by Mark

I like the silver finished models. However, something about the finish makes the gun scream "plastic!" The ABS models seem to have a a good bluing like gloss that could be polished even more. I like the S&W M19 just as well as you gentlemen. However, i don't have on in my collection at this moment (either model or real) I will see if i can get one for my collection. More than likely a 4" version.

MGC MP40 Marushin MP40 Nakata MP40 TRC MP40

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Kokusai S&W M19 Heavy Weight   Kokusai S&W M19 Heavy Weight Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 2:34 pm

Post by shazhib

Jim,

Nice revolver collection. I saw you also have M19 HW 4inches in your collection. It funny I like 4 inches the best nowaday. When I was a kid, I always attracted by 6 inches and never pay attention to shorter than that. But now, not very interested in long barrels.

mark,

I see you point. I don't have silver models in my collection just because it is "plaiticky" and light. If I want to have silver model, I would rather have zinc model and polish it to silver. M19 is a great gun, needs nothing more, nothing less on it's shape. Basic but having everything you need. When I was in Berkeley California almost 17 years before, I owned 6 inches M19 (I could buy a gun with a student visa back in those day, but can't now I heard), I did enjoyed just looking at that.

cheers,

S
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Kokusai S&W M19 Heavy Weight   Kokusai S&W M19 Heavy Weight Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 2:35 pm

Post by jim

But...I feel that the silver revolvers that Kokusai currently sells are chrome-plated instead of being silver-painted so when I hold it it's cold to the touch as if the gun is covered with a metal layer (therefore more realistic than those made before) - maybe it's time to drop all the prejudice and get one (at least)!

The metal Kokusais - nice idea to strip all the gold away but the blocked barrel as well as the cylinder just turns me off...
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Kokusai S&W M19 Heavy Weight   Kokusai S&W M19 Heavy Weight Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 2:35 pm

Post by shazhib

Jim,

I know, blocked barrel and cylinder.......that's the point.
But on the contrally, the weight, the feeling of swing in & out the cylinder and it's sound, those are something you cannot feel with HW models.

Will post my Kokusai M19 4inches shortly......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kokusai S&W M19 Heavy Weight   Kokusai S&W M19 Heavy Weight Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kokusai S&W M19 Heavy Weight
Page 1 of 1