MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Denix AK47

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Denix AK47 Empty
PostSubject: Denix AK47   Denix AK47 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 10:08 am

Post by richard jones

Ok not everybodys cup of tea but heres a short review of one of these-----

First of my pamic buys before the Bastard VCR has arrived and it aint that bad realy Denix AK47 Icon_wink

A friend has been admiring my guns for a while now and been pestering me to sell some-NO WAY Denix AK47 Icon_evil

Anyway just picked up a Denix Ak47 for him(bloody hope he still wants one Denix AK47 Icon_sad )and was quite surprised to be honest as a lot of mixed reactions when it comes to Denix guns.

Ok its not a patch on my old Hudson Ak47 but seems quite solid and heavy-hell im sure the solid mag weighs as much as the gun itself Denix AK47 Icon_lol Denix AK47 Icon_lol

Does the important bits-cocks and dry fires,can be partly stripped and the mag(allbeit solid)can be removed.A lot of skimping has been done to keep costs down i guess and make manufacturing easier-rear sight doesnt lift etc,front sight has no blade and the front top hand guard cannot be removed either can the clearing rod,no butt trap either.

Plus points is that original "real steel" mags and bayonet fit Denix AK47 Icon_smile Denix AK47 Icon_smile

Interestingly throught the entire guns the only STEEL parts are the 2 screws that hold the butt to the rifle Denix AK47 Icon_lol Denix AK47 Icon_lol

So overall for the money i dont think that bad and if i didnt own a Hudson AK47 i probably would be happy with this as unlike a welded up new spec deact it "works" and a lot cheaper than a PFC gun.

Just hope now my friend pays up Denix AK47 Icon_cry
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Denix AK47 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Denix AK47   Denix AK47 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 10:09 am

Post by Madmike

Well, it depends on the point of view. If you are not too familiar with real firearms or modelguns and if you don´t want to spend much money, Denix replicas are fine. But if you know the real AK 47 or a Hudson model and if you want your models to be as realistic as possible those Denix models are not more than toy guns. I used to enjoy Denix replicas, but as soon as I started collecting modelguns those Denix replicas had to go. They made nice wallhangers, but that was all. I gave them to a friend who used them up in a few movies as background props.
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Denix AK47 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Denix AK47   Denix AK47 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 10:10 am

Post by richard jones

MadMike wrote:
Well, it depends on the point of view. If you are not too familiar with real firearms or modelguns and if you don´t want to spend much money, Denix replicas are fine. But if you know the real AK 47 or a Hudson model and if you want your models to be as realistic as possible those Denix models are not more than toy guns. I used to enjoy Denix replicas, but as soon as I started collecting modelguns those Denix replicas had to go. They made nice wallhangers, but that was all. I gave them to a friend who used them up in a few movies as background props.
To be honest i have a few PFC guns-An M16A1 i bought new which was very very expensive at around £325 i think and to be honest its only been fired around 20 times so is now a very very expensive wallhanger and if there was a Denix replica available i would haveno hesitation in buying one.
Yes the PFC guns are are as accurate as you can get to the real thing but for what they are areway overpriced for someone like myself who doesnt actualy use them as PFC guns as such :wink:
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Denix AK47 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Denix AK47   Denix AK47 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 10:10 am

Post by Madmike

That´s what I meant, it depends on the point of view. Anyway I can get a nice old spec deact AK for the price of a Denix "Zamac" replica here in Germany, and in comparison the Denix looks like junk metal.
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Denix AK47 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Denix AK47   Denix AK47 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 10:11 am

Post by Richard Jones

MadMike wrote:
That´s what I meant, it depends on the point of view. Anyway I can get a nice old spec deact AK for the price of a Denix "Zamac" replica here in Germany, and in comparison the Denix looks like junk metal.
Problem is here the old specs here go for around £600 wheras new spec ones are welded up pieces of crap for £150-£200.
Im not saying the Denix are the best in the world as everybody knows they are not.But for someone on a budget who wants a REPLICA with moving actions that isnt fanatical about 100% accuracy then i stand by my word that they are good buys :wink:
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Denix AK47 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Denix AK47   Denix AK47 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 10:12 am

Post by richard Jones

Just got my Hudson Ak out to compare with the Denix version and was very shocked Denix AK47 Icon_eek Denix AK47 Icon_eek Denix AK47 Icon_eek Denix AK47 Icon_eek

The geniuine mags and bayonet will fit in the Denix but not on the Hudson Denix AK47 Icon_cry Denix AK47 Icon_cry Denix AK47 Icon_cry Denix AK47 Icon_cry Denix AK47 Icon_cry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Denix AK47 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Denix AK47   Denix AK47 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Denix AK47
Page 1 of 1