MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Want to buy a Hudson AK-47, but don't know where. Help?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jbomb14

Number of posts : 2
Location / Country : USA
Registration date : 2011-06-07

Want to buy a Hudson AK-47, but don't know where. Help? Empty
PostSubject: Want to buy a Hudson AK-47, but don't know where. Help?   Want to buy a Hudson AK-47, but don't know where. Help? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 3:35 pm

Hey everybody. So I am looking to branch out in my hobbies. I play alot of airsoft and I am looking to get into replica guns. The AK-47 is my all time favorite gun and this is the very gun I was looking for. But I can not find the Husdon for sale that is new or used anywhere in the US. Can anyone tell me where I can find the Hudson over seas and where I can buy it and get it shipped to the US? I want the Ak with the fixed stock. And i have not heard good things about the denix Ak or just denix in general. So i would really like to stay away from denix. So I just need someone to help me find the Ak with the fixed stock where i can buy it over seas and get it shipped to the US. Or just help point me in the general direction. Help?
Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

Number of posts : 647
Location / Country : Germany (Stuttgart)
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Want to buy a Hudson AK-47, but don't know where. Help?   Want to buy a Hudson AK-47, but don't know where. Help? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 4:43 pm

Sadly Hudson company has closed down, and all tools, molds and spares were destroyed. Anyway those AKs can be found in good used codition from time to time. I recommend you contact forum members Shazhib or Francky, both in Japan. They should be able to find you one. Both are great people, very helpful and trustworthy, and they will ship world wide.

One word regarding the blow back performance: The Hudson AK is said to be very unreliable when it comes to "firing". I heard it often jams, unlike the real one. So it will be a great model for cycling manually, but noot for using caps ...
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Want to buy a Hudson AK-47, but don't know where. Help?   Want to buy a Hudson AK-47, but don't know where. Help? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 6:03 pm

Welcome to the forum jbomb Very Happy

Forum member Kharris has a Hudson AK47 for sale... check out this link:

He's a California resident so shipping should be no problem. Note this example will not fire cap loaded cartridges but will manually cycle inert rds. Read through the description carefully to make sure you're OK with this.
Madmike's perfectly correct. Hudson never did manage to make an AK47 that fired caps properly. Getting one to fire and perform correctly requires an enormous amount of work and redesign. Take a look at

for more details

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Jbomb14

Number of posts : 2
Location / Country : USA
Registration date : 2011-06-07

PostSubject: Thanks   Want to buy a Hudson AK-47, but don't know where. Help? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 11:47 pm

Thanks to the both of you guys. I will look into those and hopefully turn up the cash in time. Thanks again
Back to top Go down
kiwigunner
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
kiwigunner

Number of posts : 556
Location / Country : Auckland/New Zealand
Registration date : 2010-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Want to buy a Hudson AK-47, but don't know where. Help?   Want to buy a Hudson AK-47, but don't know where. Help? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 3:30 am

PM me for a US seller. Cheers
kiwigunner
'sunny'
Back to top Go down
http://anzaction.weebly.com/
alsmithee

Number of posts : 6
Location / Country : United States
Registration date : 2011-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Want to buy a Hudson AK-47, but don't know where. Help?   Want to buy a Hudson AK-47, but don't know where. Help? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 7:50 am

This thread is of interest to me as well, good find. I'm dismayed to hear about the reliability issues though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Want to buy a Hudson AK-47, but don't know where. Help?   Want to buy a Hudson AK-47, but don't know where. Help? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Want to buy a Hudson AK-47, but don't know where. Help?
Page 1 of 1