MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest acquisition: Marushin Hi-Power

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Stechele
Stechele

Number of posts : 26
Location / Country : U.S.
Registration date : 2010-10-10

Latest acquisition: Marushin Hi-Power Empty
PostSubject: Latest acquisition: Marushin Hi-Power   Latest acquisition: Marushin Hi-Power Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 3:18 pm

I was recently attending a local reenactment/vendor show, and had a guy come to our unit stating that he had alot of WW2 British gear he wanted to unload. Our unit is always on the lookout for more equipmemt, espically war-time dated webbing/gear. In particular I am always on the lookout for holsters, and wanted another P37 belt for walkout. Our unit ended up buying everything that he had, which filled the back of his minivan, for a really good price. I struck a deal with the guy for a belt, a Canadian manufacture Hi-Power holster, ammo pouch, and a older style Marushin Hi-Power for 80$.
Latest acquisition: Marushin Hi-Power IMAG0314
Latest acquisition: Marushin Hi-Power IMAG0305
The seller said that he had some cartridges laying around somewhere, and would ship them to me if he found them.
The Marushin is an older style ABS model. It the 3 piece cartridges with steel pins in the base. The gun istself is in great condition, with only a few minor exterior scratches. The barrel firing pin is virtually corrosion free. A couple weeks later I recieved a packet from the seller containing 6 cartridges
Latest acquisition: Marushin Hi-Power IMAG0313-1
The rest of the cartridges are soaking. They are in bad condtion. I believe someone glued the body halves together so that the carts could not be taken apart, and the telltale patina around the joint. I have given them a quick soak in CLR which made quick work of alot of the corrosion, and tried heating them to break the base free. No luck with the cartridges yet. I read Smootik's post on cleaning old dirty cartridges, and dont realy want to use pliars on them to break them free.
Latest acquisition: Marushin Hi-Power IMAG0308
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Latest acquisition: Marushin Hi-Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest acquisition: Marushin Hi-Power   Latest acquisition: Marushin Hi-Power Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 5:07 pm

You did well to buy that lot for such a good price Wink .

It would be worth contacting Francky or shazhib as new cartridges for Marushin's Browning may be still available

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net

Latest acquisition: Marushin Hi-Power
Page 1 of 1