MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MARUSHIN Kit Browning Hi-Power Commercial vigilante.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
oozlum
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 146
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2019-12-08

MARUSHIN Kit Browning Hi-Power Commercial vigilante. Empty
PostSubject: MARUSHIN Kit Browning Hi-Power Commercial vigilante.   MARUSHIN Kit Browning Hi-Power Commercial vigilante. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2020 12:09 am

I’ve recently bought this kit - parts seem mostly there (may need a spring), but I was wondering if anyone could tell me more about the kit? How old is it, etc. I intend to build it, though it’s a far cry from built guns I have.  Very much lightweight ABS, some metal parts - I’ve attached some pictures.

Any info appreciated.

MARUSHIN Kit Browning Hi-Power Commercial vigilante. B10a0f10
MARUSHIN Kit Browning Hi-Power Commercial vigilante. 49284e10

Browning and SunHill999 like this post

Back to top Go down
Browning
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 118
Location / Country : Cambs, UK
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Vigilante Kit   MARUSHIN Kit Browning Hi-Power Commercial vigilante. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2020 1:13 am

Hi,

I made this kit (and the 2 other variants) in the 1980's. The instructions for mine have a code printed on the bottom right hand corner of "1982.11" which I assume to be November 1982, which is about right for when I built mine. I got them from Beatties in Holborn for around £25 - £30 at the time; they never came with caps.

Andy

SunHill999 and oozlum like this post

Back to top Go down
oozlum
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: MARUSHIN Kit Browning Hi-Power Commercial vigilante.   MARUSHIN Kit Browning Hi-Power Commercial vigilante. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2020 9:35 am

Thanks Andy. The date, which I hadn’t spotted, on mine is 1982.3. I got this on eBay just now from a seller in Belgium for about £50. The caps came with it (a 50 cap box), and another model he sold (S&W 39) also had caps with it.

Browning and SunHill999 like this post

Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

Number of posts : 647
Location / Country : Germany (Stuttgart)
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: MARUSHIN Kit Browning Hi-Power Commercial vigilante.   MARUSHIN Kit Browning Hi-Power Commercial vigilante. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2020 9:41 am

That is a nice model and you got it for a good price. Altough not too rare in Japan, only few have made it to Europe over the years.

I like this Browning HiPower model altough it is a little light.

I'd say go and build it. If firing it with caps, make sure to clean and lube gun and cpas very well after using

Back to top Go down
oozlum
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: MARUSHIN Kit Browning Hi-Power Commercial vigilante.   MARUSHIN Kit Browning Hi-Power Commercial vigilante. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2020 10:45 am

Thanks MadMike. LS Models seem to go for £70 - £100 so I thought this would be similar, but I guess I was fortunate. I do intend to build it, and it does look like it’ll need a lot of lube!

SunHill999 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Browning
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Hi Power   MARUSHIN Kit Browning Hi-Power Commercial vigilante. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2020 5:19 pm

They do build well. Mine have lasted over 30 years, but never been fired... Although 2 of them did featuire in our Youth Theatre's production of "The Dumb Waiter"...

oozlum likes this post

Back to top Go down
lampwick
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
lampwick

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: MARUSHIN Kit Browning Hi-Power Commercial vigilante.   MARUSHIN Kit Browning Hi-Power Commercial vigilante. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2020 4:27 pm

oozlum wrote:
Thanks Andy. The date, which I hadn’t spotted, on mine is 1982.3. I got this on eBay just now from a seller in Belgium for about £50. The caps came with it (a 50 cap box), and another model he sold (S&W 39) also had caps with it.
How did you get it on eBay? I thought that they had banned the sale of all guns and daggers.

oozlum likes this post

Back to top Go down
oozlum
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: MARUSHIN Kit Browning Hi-Power Commercial vigilante.   MARUSHIN Kit Browning Hi-Power Commercial vigilante. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2020 4:37 pm

I have some saved searches for cap guns and LS models and the like. LS models appear quite frequently, but very occasionally other oddities spring up. This was a Belgium based model seller, and I bid, and paid, on the assumption that there might be a problem, including with post. It all worked out, but I’d put it down to luck.
Back to top Go down
Browning
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Ebay items   MARUSHIN Kit Browning Hi-Power Commercial vigilante. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2020 5:18 pm

Not wanting to hijack the thread, but I did a search on Marushin kits on that auction site and there are a couple of MP40's (one references Clint Eastwood and "Where Eagles Dare") Very expensive...

But there are also a couple of oddities; 2 "Gundam" Rifles and at least one is a "PFC" kit.

B.

oozlum likes this post

Back to top Go down
oozlum
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: MARUSHIN Kit Browning Hi-Power Commercial vigilante.   MARUSHIN Kit Browning Hi-Power Commercial vigilante. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2020 8:46 pm

Not hijacking at all Smile I just did the same search - yep, those MP40s are expensive! I didn’t see the Gundam rifles.

Off topic also - I have a search for ‘airfix rifles’. I remember the airfix SLRs and Thompson from my childhood, and have idly entertained the idea of owning one, but the SLRs are always £300 - £500, and I’ve never seen a tommy gun.

Browning likes this post

Back to top Go down
Browning
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: re Ebay   MARUSHIN Kit Browning Hi-Power Commercial vigilante. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2020 12:03 pm

This is what I found:
MARUSHIN Kit Browning Hi-Power Commercial vigilante. Img_e310

Interesting, but not on my "list"

B.

Back to top Go down
oozlum
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: MARUSHIN Kit Browning Hi-Power Commercial vigilante.   MARUSHIN Kit Browning Hi-Power Commercial vigilante. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2020 12:21 pm

That is interesting, though also not on my list. I wonder what carts it takes?
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: MARUSHIN Kit Browning Hi-Power Commercial vigilante.   MARUSHIN Kit Browning Hi-Power Commercial vigilante. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2020 5:04 pm

Browning likes this post

Back to top Go down
oozlum
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: MARUSHIN Kit Browning Hi-Power Commercial vigilante.   MARUSHIN Kit Browning Hi-Power Commercial vigilante. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2020 5:31 pm

Thanks smootik!
Back to top Go down
oozlum
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: MARUSHIN Kit Browning Hi-Power Commercial vigilante.   MARUSHIN Kit Browning Hi-Power Commercial vigilante. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2020 10:45 pm

I’ve just seen the other model kit that was offered on eBay when I bought this for sale on eBay (granted it may not be the exact same kit, but it was an M39, same box). Only £325. Maybe I could make a profit Smile

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/293758338685

Browning likes this post

Back to top Go down
Browning
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: ebay link   MARUSHIN Kit Browning Hi-Power Commercial vigilante. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2020 1:16 pm

The link at the bottom of the ebay posting might be for the instructions I uploaded here a few years ago......

Yep it is, and very cheekily they have used my photo from the same post, in the advert. I might ask for commission......

MadMike, SunHill999 and oozlum like this post

Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

Number of posts : 647
Location / Country : Germany (Stuttgart)
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: MARUSHIN Kit Browning Hi-Power Commercial vigilante.   MARUSHIN Kit Browning Hi-Power Commercial vigilante. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2020 1:24 pm

Browning wrote:
The link at the bottom of the ebay posting might be for the instructions I uploaded here a few years ago......

Yep it is, and very cheekily they have used my photo from the same post, in the advert. I might ask for commission......

I hear you, mate!

Anyway thank you very much for the post of the manual, it has helped me a lot with my M 439 Marushin model.

Browning likes this post

Back to top Go down
Browning
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: MARUSHIN Kit Browning Hi-Power Commercial vigilante.   MARUSHIN Kit Browning Hi-Power Commercial vigilante. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2020 4:07 pm

MadMike wrote:

I hear you, mate!

Anyway thank you very much for the post of the manual, it has helped me a lot with my M 439 Marushin model.

No worries, glad I could be of help. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MARUSHIN Kit Browning Hi-Power Commercial vigilante.   MARUSHIN Kit Browning Hi-Power Commercial vigilante. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MARUSHIN Kit Browning Hi-Power Commercial vigilante.
Page 1 of 1