MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

steel parts in a marushin m16

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
napalm113

Number of posts : 23
Location / Country : usa
Registration date : 2012-03-25

steel parts in a marushin m16  Empty
PostSubject: steel parts in a marushin m16    steel parts in a marushin m16  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 5:45 pm

steel parts in a marushin m16  561347_10150653757170689_702045688_9697242_1669306091_n
Real pistol grip fits with no modification.
real trigger guard fits with no modifications
real selector detente (for smooth clicks from auto to semi to safe) required boring out the hole in the receiver slightly
real pivot and take down pins, slightly wobbly.
real bolt hold open, had to shave material off the top, doesn't function with real or marushin magazines.
real rear sight, had to slightly bore out material from around the holes on the receiver for the pin to fit, kept the original plate spring.
real dust cover, fits but wont close.
real forward assist. requires boring out the hole slightly, but works just fine.

real magazine releases don't fit without shave material off the steel, but don't catch magazine because they don't stick out as much.

real stocks can fit of you file material off of them.

real hand guards are 1/4" to long. I'm going to be replacing the barrel with steal parts eventually.
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: steel parts in a marushin m16    steel parts in a marushin m16  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 7:25 pm

Moved to blank firers, as modifying modelguns with steel barrels and bolts is no-go in many countries.

Please discuss it as a blank-firer, not as a modelgun, to avoid others getting ideas that modelgun can be modified and hurt themselves.
Back to top Go down
napalm113

PostSubject: Re: steel parts in a marushin m16    steel parts in a marushin m16  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 7:47 am

update, i put a real charging handle in it. ill post pics later.
Back to top Go down
napalm113

PostSubject: Re: steel parts in a marushin m16    steel parts in a marushin m16  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 6:20 am

another update, i took some m16 fire control parts and found that they CAN be fitted for the marushin lower receiver. I'm going to need to add about 1mm of material to the front of the trigger to make it engage the notch on the hammer, and i need to weld about 1mm of material to hammer for it to engage the disconnect.

the receiver would need to be bored out to fit a real selector into the receive, and i dont own an auto sear so i would need to modify the hammer to fit the marushin one.
Back to top Go down
napalm113

PostSubject: Re: steel parts in a marushin m16    steel parts in a marushin m16  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 3:22 am

note: a real m16 hammer can be fitted to the marushin lower. it will not engage the disconnect and im not sure if it requires modification to reach the auto sear.
Back to top Go down
Horsemarine
Horsemarine

Number of posts : 28
Location / Country : Cork/Ireland
Registration date : 2012-10-22

PostSubject: Re: steel parts in a marushin m16    steel parts in a marushin m16  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 11:22 pm

Some interesting stuff here! I converted my Marushin XM177E2 to an AR15, using mainly Magpul real steel parts.

Specifically: Magpul MOE stock
Magpul MOE Handgurs
Magpul PTS (not real steel) MBUS
Home built receiver end sling swivel
Flat-top with rail

All internals remain "model gun", and I have not, so far succeeded in making a BCM extended charging handle latch fit and work. The latter was too thick for the slot in the charging handle, and is also the wrong shape, when filed to thickness, so I'm interested in fact that you managed to fit a real charging handle. Did you have to do more than grind off the "ears" to make it fit?
Back to top Go down
Horsemarine
Horsemarine

Number of posts : 28
Location / Country : Cork/Ireland
Registration date : 2012-10-22

PostSubject: Re: steel parts in a marushin m16    steel parts in a marushin m16  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 11:25 pm

PS I also fitted an MOE pistol grip. Basically, it is still an XM177e2, but with an M1 barrel with birdcage muzzle device, in Magpul furniture and flat-top receiver.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: steel parts in a marushin m16    steel parts in a marushin m16  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

steel parts in a marushin m16
Page 1 of 1