MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Interesting buy.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

Number of posts : 616
Location / Country : Hollywood, California
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Interesting buy. Empty
PostSubject: Interesting buy.   Interesting buy. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 3:10 am

I acquired this up this afternoon - here is the GB auction - http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=441305522

He lived near me so I picked it up in person - it's a real lower and stock on a dummy receiver and barrel, with a handmade trigger - it's been painted with some kind of speckle paint, but, pretty good looking and great for movie work - the price was right for me, too Smile

He had sold five or six replica guns that came in through an estate buy - I had bid on a few but, wasn't really motivated - I bid on the M3 grease gun, but it was the plastic one so glad I didn't win it, I really want a steel one.

The last one he has is a Colt single action - you can see it in his other auctions -

Only markings are Colt, no front sight, very fine looking replica, but about half the weight of a real SAA - I have bid on it, but not much, I have more Italian shooting SAA's than I have ever used, and don't need a replica one really, it was just instinct that made me bid lol.
But, I thought I'd post here, as I wasn't sure of the manufacturer, and it really was a nice one to look at, much better than the RMI (MGC) SAAs I usually see.

Best,

Pit.
Back to top Go down
TEXASMGC
TEXASMGC

Number of posts : 4
Location / Country : Texas USA
Registration date : 2013-11-08

Interesting buy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interesting buy.   Interesting buy. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 10:39 am

I bought two thompsons from that auction. I have not received them yet, but the first one should come in tomorrow. He seems like a good guy, he told me that he would throw in additional mags and cartridges. Of course, I won't know the true condition until I receive them. I couldn't believe how much the m3 went for!!!
Back to top Go down
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

Number of posts : 616
Location / Country : Hollywood, California
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Interesting buy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interesting buy.   Interesting buy. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 2:36 pm

I saw one of the Thompsons it is an MGC one, nice condition, but I have a few of them already.

I also saw the M3, I had bid on it, thinking it was a steel one - it was misrepresented slightly in the description, so I am possibly responsible for bidding it up - I am very pleased I didn't win it, as it is 100% plastic and I would have been very disappointed.

There was an M1 and a mac, too - both plastic and no use to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Interesting buy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interesting buy.   Interesting buy. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interesting buy.
Page 1 of 1