MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

M1 Garand rifle

Go down 
AuthorMessage
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

M1 Garand rifle Empty
PostSubject: M1 Garand rifle   M1 Garand rifle Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 9:49 am

*** Originally posted by garyforce ***

hey guys

now this is probably a daft question.

but can somebody tell me the difference between the m1 garand rifle & the m1 carbine ..... 2 different names...but both appear the same to me ?
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

M1 Garand rifle Empty
PostSubject: Re: M1 Garand rifle   M1 Garand rifle Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 9:50 am

*** Originally posted by rizzo ***

They're very different-

Here's the M1 Garand

M1 Garand rifle M1_small

And the M1carbine-

M1 Garand rifle M1m1a1[/img][/list]
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

M1 Garand rifle Empty
PostSubject: Re: M1 Garand rifle   M1 Garand rifle Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 9:50 am

*** Originally posted by mark ***

The M1 Garand and the M1 carbine both fire .30 caliber amunition however, the M1 carbine's cartridge resembles (and is) a pistol cartridge with .357 Magnum velocities and specs. The M1 carbines cartridge is 7.62x33 The M1 Garand fires a .30 caliber, improved in 1906 cartridge (Or .3006) which is of course, a rifle cartridge. (7.62x63)

The M1 Garand was adopted into the U.S. army in 1939 and served until Korea. The M1 carbine was adopted in 1942 and in late 45' some of these where converted into selective fire and these where later improved and adopted as the carbine, .30 cal M2 selective fire. The carbine in all it's versions, served until early Vietnam.

MGC and CMC has made the M1 carbine in the paratrooper and the standard versions along with the M2 carbine (selective fire)

Hudson has been making the M1 Garand for a while now and it is available as a display version or a gas-operated modelgun version.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

M1 Garand rifle Empty

cheers for that lads

it was the "M1" part that threw me !

and thanks for the detail mark ...... so i shall now amend my "wishlist" to an M1 carbine rather than a garand !
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

M1 Garand rifle Empty
PostSubject: Re: M1 Garand rifle   M1 Garand rifle Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 9:51 am

Oh, i almost forgot,

The MGC M1/M2 carbine has an ABS receiver/barrel/bolt and the ABS barrel/bolt is known to break so, if you plan to fire one of these classics just be aware of the problems that it has.

the CMC M1/M2 carbines are all zinc construction and are heavyduty and will withstand lot's of abuse so, they are far more desirable to have. Although, the paratrooper folding version, the M1A1's stock is made of zinc and it can break if handled roughly.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

M1 Garand rifle Empty
PostSubject: Re: M1 Garand rifle   M1 Garand rifle Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 9:51 am

Again thanks for that mark

IF i choose to get one of these i would be wanting to fire it (after all whats the point in having a gun that wont fire ! )

but that of course is IF i get one ....... theres others on the list to come ! hehehe
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

M1 Garand rifle Empty
PostSubject: Re: M1 Garand rifle   M1 Garand rifle Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 9:52 am

If i was getting another rifle anytime soon it would be the CMC M2 carbine if i could locate one and i could afford it The other rifle that i really want is the Tanaka Ruger AC556K carbine (selective fire Mini 14) but, these are expensive and fairly rare
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

M1 Garand rifle Empty
PostSubject: Re: M1 Garand rifle   M1 Garand rifle Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 9:52 am

*** Originally posted by needsmoremgs ***

the m1 is really heavy and cumbersome to use...

the model replica is actually more user friendly than the real deal. if i had the cash i would pick a marushin copy right now.

the carbine is overrated imo. the noisiest gun you are likely to hear. i've never seen the plug cap version of it though. shame i know.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

M1 Garand rifle Empty

Hi needsmoremgs,

Welcome to the forums!

CMC, MGC made cap firing versions of the M1 and the M2 Carbines and they can still be found in Japan and other places. The CMC M1 carbines are preferable to the MGC Carbines as they where cast out of zinc alloy. Where as the MGC uses allot of plastic in it's construction.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

M1 Garand rifle Empty
PostSubject: Re: M1 Garand rifle   M1 Garand rifle Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 9:53 am

*** Originally posted by claymore ***

Phil (punchy) has an MGC M1 for sale on ebay at the moment $329 starting bid or buy now for $389. This seems a pretty good price to me, of course there is postage on top but the model looks in top condition.

http://cgi.ebay.com/U-S-M-1-30-Carbine-Rifle-Blank-Prop-Gun-MGC-WWII-WW2_W0QQitemZ6563307581QQcategoryZ4726QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

M1 Garand rifle Empty
PostSubject: Re: M1 Garand rifle   M1 Garand rifle Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

M1 Garand rifle
Page 1 of 1