MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hudson M1 Garand Parts.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Hudson M1 Garand Parts. Empty
PostSubject: Hudson M1 Garand Parts.   Hudson M1 Garand Parts. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 5:05 pm

*** Originally posted by richard jones ***

Being new to the forum sorry if this question has been asked before-Is it possible to get parts for a Hudson M1 Garand?

Also ive only just bought the gun-used and it wont eject the empty clip after the last round.It will eject full or semi full clips when presing the button.Is this a common problem?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Hudson M1 Garand Parts.   Hudson M1 Garand Parts. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 5:05 pm

*** Originally posted by cerwyn ***

Hello Richard,

Welcome to the forum, good to see another Welshman on here!
Might I suggest you cntact Francky1958 through this forum for your spares, he is brilliant at getting practically anything.
I've no experience at all of the model M1 but I bet some of the other lads will...

Cerwyn
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Hudson M1 Garand Parts.   Hudson M1 Garand Parts. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 5:06 pm

*** Originally posted by figaro ***

Richard,

I think I may have bought a metal MP-40 from you last year, did you sell one that went via the UK to the US?
If so, I still haven't worked out who made it.
If you are one and the same, the transaction was excellent.

Thank you,

Jesse Johnson.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Hudson M1 Garand Parts.   Hudson M1 Garand Parts. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 5:06 pm

*** Originally posted by richard jones ***

cerwyn wrote:
Hello Richard,

Welcome to the forum, good to see another Welshman on here!
Might I suggest you cntact Francky1958 through this forum for your spares, he is brilliant at getting practically anything.
I've no experience at all of the model M1 but I bet some of the other lads will...

Cerwyn

Cerwyn many thanks for the welcome.Like you i also collect ww2 militaria and headgear as well.It was a member on another forum that put me onto this forum and suggested i contact Francky.

figaro wrote:
Richard,

I think I may have bought a metal MP-40 from you last year, did you sell one that went via the UK to the US?
If so, I still haven't worked out who made it.
If you are one and the same, the transaction was excellent.

Thank you,

Jesse Johnson.

Jesse it was indeed me-its a small world :wink: Glad you liked it and thanks for the praise.To be honest i had no idea if it was a replica or a PFC gun and had no idea of its origin.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Hudson M1 Garand Parts.   Hudson M1 Garand Parts. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 5:07 pm

*** Originally posted by figaro ***

I haven't worked out if it was intended to fire caps or not either.
After posting some questions on this forum, I think it is an older Marushin metal replica. It weighs almost twice as much as the MGC 68, and is a little heavier than a real MP40. Made of Zink not steel. No firing pin in chamber, fully blocked barrel.

We used your MP40 in the title sequence to a film I made earlier in the year. It is under the head credits you will recognize it, there is a close up of it.
Good luck on the forum,

Jesse Johnson.

The film your MP40 is in will probably go to DVD in Feb '07, maybe later in the UK. Titled "The Last Sentinel."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hudson M1 Garand Parts.   Hudson M1 Garand Parts. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hudson M1 Garand Parts.
Page 1 of 1