MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal enfield pistol

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Metal enfield pistol Empty
PostSubject: Metal enfield pistol   Metal enfield pistol Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 10:01 am

*** Originally posted by nattyjack ***

hi i'm trying to identify an all metal enfield pistol, the only markings are 1974 and japan. Its a fairly good replica , but the cartridges are definately smaller than 38. Does anyone have any idea who made it and whether I can get some pfc cartriges?
thanks nattyjack.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Metal enfield pistol   Metal enfield pistol Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 10:02 am

*** Originally posted by kickback ***

Hi Nattyjack,
By the sounds of it you have an MGC zinc replica pistol that was produced in the 70's and 80's.
I have seen this replica before and as i recall it was very nice but,most of the zinc modelguns made by MGC had the hammer firing pin either cast to small or cut so it was not long enough to strike a round in the chamber ,however it might be a different make and you may be lucky (if you could post a picture i might be able to tell) and i'm sure if that was the case then someone on this site I.E. Mark or Francky may be able to help you out with some shells for it.

I hope i've helped a bit

Kickback
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Metal enfield pistol   Metal enfield pistol Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 10:02 am

*** Originally posted by mark ***

Yes, Kickback is correct, it sounds like an MGC to me but, i really don't remember MGC making an Enfield modelgun especially a zinc version! Most of the all zinc modelguns (pistol/revolvers) that i have seen in the U.S. have the 1974 date and Japan stamped on them somewhere. All of the firing pins are usually cut on these models. In fact, i have never seen an example that isn't.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

*** Originally posted by claymore ***

Yep the firing pins are cut, i recently bought an old MGC m19 combat magnum and the firing pin had been filed off the hammer, what a pain and a pointless excercise.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Metal enfield pistol   Metal enfield pistol Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 10:03 am

I really don't think that you will (or can) find a all zinc modelgun that doesn't have the firing pin cut or filed down. In fact, i don't think that they ever had a full firing pin anyway...
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Metal enfield pistol   Metal enfield pistol Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 10:03 am

*** Originally posted by nattyjack ***

Hi, thanks for the help, I will retrieve the gun and sort out some pics. The firing pin does not seem to have been altered (if memory serves me right)
Thanks again, at least i know what I've got!!!
nattyjack
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

I still have an old all zinc MGC Colt SAA that i had bought new in 1980. The firing pin appeared like it was cast short as there where no visible grinding/sanding marks either. It's nice to hear that they did indeed make an all zinc Enfield modelgun!
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Metal enfield pistol   Metal enfield pistol Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 10:04 am

*** Originally posted by lampwick ***

I had the Enfield in two variations, one with the spur on the hammer missing as the MkII* and the other as normal. The firing pin had been cast with a stub end but still went in far enough to strike the Kokusai shells that I had inserted. Both were stamped 1974 and ' Enfield..Japan' and both had the brass disc on the grips as the MkII* would have. Both were made by Nakata.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Metal enfield pistol   Metal enfield pistol Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 10:04 am

Wow! a Nakata version?? That's different, i had no idea that Nakata made Enfields..Nakata made some nice modelguns during the 60's-1970's and i am not quite sure what models they made when they where still in business.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

*** Originally posted by lampwick ***

At one stage in my collecting I had a Tokarev T-33, a MAS-35 pistol, a Webley short barreled bird grip revolver, a Browning .25, 2 different Nambu Taisho 14's and a baby nambu all made by Nakata. The majority of my collection was by Kokusai, Hudson and old MGC.
Back to top Go down
muzzleloader

muzzleloader

Number of posts : 9
Location / Country : Solingen / Germany
Registration date : 2010-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Metal enfield pistol   Metal enfield pistol Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 1:15 pm

Hi,

I recently got one NAKATA 1974 Japan ENFIELD No.2 Mk.I from the U.S.

The Hammer Pin is cut down here also...

Metal enfield pistol Enfiel13

I'm wondering WHICH PFC-shells will fit the drum chambers...?

You were talking about KOKUSAI... From what gun and caliper are those shells ?

Ray
Back to top Go down
lt-deke

Number of posts : 18
Location / Country : england
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Metal enfield pistol   Metal enfield pistol Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 11:26 am

hi I have two of these that got and use for reenacting, but both of mine have firing pins, I use primers placed in a dummy cartridge as the original shells that came with it are solid brass and only about the size of an 8mm.
Back to top Go down
lt-deke

Number of posts : 18
Location / Country : england
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Metal enfield pistol   Metal enfield pistol Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 11:36 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal enfield pistol   Metal enfield pistol Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal enfield pistol
Page 1 of 1