MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

new guy and new questions

Go down 
AuthorMessage
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

new guy and new questions Empty
PostSubject: new guy and new questions   new guy and new questions Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 10:37 am

*** Originally posted by sdg ***

Hello Guys,
This is my first posting on this forum and I'm very new to modelguns.
I'm thinking of buying the MGC M4a1 but I wanted to know what they are like to own, how reliable are they?
I understand you have to clean the cartridges after using them but what about the modelgun itself?
If in a re-enactment day, you were to expend around 300 to 600 rds, would that be feasable or would the modelgun have to be broken down and cleaned inbetween?
Any other advice would be welcome too.
Thanks,
Al
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: new guy and new questions   new guy and new questions Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 10:38 am

*** Originally posted by gmanuk ***

Hi SDG

I own the MGC M16A2 Carbine, pretty much the same bar the removable carry handle and some dimensions, but for reliability is top class, i think you may just get away with getting off a couple of hundred before cleaning but you will almost certainly have to clean the carts after use.

GmanUK
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: new guy and new questions   new guy and new questions Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 10:38 am

*** Originally posted by garyforce ***

hi sdg elcome to the forum

well i dont own a M4a1 myself ....but one thing i do know ......... if your going to be running about doin a re-enactment ...... thats going to cost you a hell of a lot of money just on cartridges not to mention how ever many days it will take you to prime that many
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

*** Originally posted by sdg ***

cheers guys,
I appreciate your advice.
The time I would have to spend priming and cleaning has been a worry! (still is!)
But nothing seems to offer the same kind of realism for re-enactment.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: new guy and new questions   new guy and new questions Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 10:39 am

*** Originally posted by claymore ***

The M4A! is a great model and fires well but i really dont see it firing 500 - 600 rounds in a day without a lot of jams. i would think the detonater pin would be too dirty to allow the rounds to function well after about 6 mags and even those would i think get jams after the 3rd mag (although semi auto functions better for longer than full auto).

Also as garyforce says you will need that many rounds for the day as cleaning them and loading would not be practical in the field and of course you are going to lose a hell of a lot of them as well.

This is a great model and for small reenactment displays i would think it would be perfect (firing 3/4 mags maybe 5) but for major displays i really dont think it will hack it unless you get a break where you could give the gun a clean.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new guy and new questions   new guy and new questions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new guy and new questions
Page 1 of 1