MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MGC - Some Questions (first order)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

MGC - Some Questions (first order) Empty
PostSubject: MGC - Some Questions (first order)   MGC - Some Questions (first order) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 2:22 pm

*** Originally posted by mystic ***

Hey all,

Well, I'm new here at model gun forums and this is my first post. This site looks awesome and the people here are friendly. But anyways, let's get back into post.

I'm really interested in getting my first model gun, an MGC M92FS Italian Commerical Version pistol. I've been collecting alot of airsoft for the past 2 years, but I thought that I'd get something a little different, and I'm a rather big beretta fan. But before I do get it, maybe you guys could help me out.

1. I plan to order it from here: http://www.dentrinityshop.com/pr_list.jsp?cid=COL&bid=MGUNS&pg=2&rpp=10 (it's the 2nd one from the bottom for $194). It says "for display only" and "can't fire any projectile." But this still the PFC version, where you put caps in a cartridge and the shells eject out right?
2. Are these the correct cartridges for it? http://www.dentrinityshop.com/pr_list.jsp?cid=COL&bid=MGUNA&pg=4&rpp=10 (first one on top)
3. If ordering from HK from dentrinity, do I request them to paint the end of the barrel orange and put cover tape on the trademarks? (I live in CA)
4. Are the caps that I buy for this gun the MG 7mm? (or Marushin 7mm?)
5. Does this MGC m92f use a trigger spring like in a real beretta? I'm asking this because I've broken my trigger spring in my airsoft marui beretta, but was able to replace it w/ a real beretta gun spring. Can a real one fit in the model gun if it needs replacing?
6. What are some common parts that wear/break in this gun? Where can I find replacement parts?
7. What is the general longevity on this gun, and I'm supposed to clean the cartridge every time after use right? (after 1 use, clean?)

Sorry this is long, but I'd really appreciate it if you guys could help me out some.

Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: MGC - Some Questions (first order)   MGC - Some Questions (first order) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 2:22 pm

*** Originally posted by mark ***

Welcome to the very addictive world of modelguns and to this forum.
You cant really go wrong with any of the MGC beretta 92's and to answer some of your questions.

1. yes this is the pfc blowback model
2. yes those are the correct rounds
3. being in the Uk i dont have to worry about the red barrel, but i would think den have sent a lot of goods to the states and know the procedure but you could email them to make sure, they are usually good emailing back.
4. you can use both MGC or marushin in it,marushin caps have a lot more spark and flash to them
5. not sure on the trigger spring i will have to dig out my exploded diagram and have a look.
6. The MGC beretta seems to be one of the stronger models out there and so far i dont think anyone has had anything break, of course it depends how much you use it as it is plastic and has its limits.
Barrels can be a problem and break in areas but again the beretta seems to be OK on that.
7. longevity, how long is a piece of string. No one can tell you this, some models last 2 rounds and something breaks then after repair are fine. Others go on and on.
8. spares well, francky on this site is the main man both for spares, rounds and models in fact you may want to see what he can get a 92 for and he can most cetrtainly supply you with mags and rounds.

Hope some of this helped, the mgc beretta is a good one to go for as it has proven to be a strong reliable model.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: MGC - Some Questions (first order)   MGC - Some Questions (first order) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 2:22 pm

*** Originally posted by garyforce ***

hey mystic

welcome to the forum ..... and like claymore said.... beware this hobby is more addictive than heroin !

as to your post

1 & 2 as claymore says

3. mark would also be the man to ask here

4. i have personally found the marushin "sparking" caps to have a lot more kick to them .... often a damn sight louder too ...downside though is they leave more of a deposit for you to clean (it might be a good idea for you to invest in an ultrasonic cleaner see post: MP40 Modelguns Forums Forum Index -> Modelgun Caps, Cartridges, Magazines -> Cleaning Carts - Ultrasonic cleaners

5 & 6 dont know these ones really ! though as claymore says...francky is the main man for parts, spares, carts etc. ..... and with you getting the M92FS spares shouldnt be that hard to obtain (famous last words there )

7. how long your modelguns last is mainly dependant on 1 how much you fire them.... and 2... how well you take care of them .... the carts need cleaning after each firing session .... and the gun is best regularly stripped cleaned and oiled
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: MGC - Some Questions (first order)   MGC - Some Questions (first order) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 2:23 pm

Wow....thanks alot guys, that really really really helps! This forum is awesome, and it's good to have people like you guys to help.

But, regarding that MGC m92f italian, maybe I'll place an order next week...X-mas is coming up lol...But seriously, these shell ejecting guns look so much fun. I just want to add something to my giant airsoft collection, and figured this is a good start.

Actually, I ordered from Den last week for some airsoft parts/accessories, but I've never ordered a gun from overseas before. I'm assuming for ordering model guns, it's the same for airsoft: paint the muzzle orange and put cover tape on the trademarks to pass through customs. But like you said, I'll see what Mark says about it.

Do you guys know other places to buy MG/Marushin 7 mm caps (like you guys said, either will work)? I've seen them on modelguns.co.uk for about 7 pounds each, which is about 14 US dollars. Are there other good sites to buy them? Just curious...

But again, I'll just await on the news of the gun trigger spring. I tend to use my beretta alot, and the trigger spring has broken (twice), but then again, it's about 2 years old. If the MGC uses thes same trigger spring as a real one or airsoft pistol, that would be no problem, as I have many spares.

Seriously though, thanks alot guys for the help.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: MGC - Some Questions (first order)   MGC - Some Questions (first order) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 2:23 pm

Welcome to the forums mystic!

Importing model or airsoftguns can be tricky but only if the person/company is not experianced in the rules/regulations on replica guns in the U.S. The muzzles must be painted with blaze orange paint (and or blocked) also, the trade marks need to be either removed or covered up...

Modelguns can be a pain to clean and find caps for as well as you can spend a fortune in cartridges etc for them. Firing/collectiong modelguns can be frustrating in many ways so, enter the hobby with this in mind..
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Hey Mark,

Thanks for that bit of info...I'll definately keep that in the back of my mind. Still not sure when/if buying the MGC 92 Italian, but most probably will still, just got a question left. Is it possible for anyone to check the MGC M9's trigger spring assembly, and if it's the same type of trigger spring in a real beretta (so replacements are no problem for me). I'm asking this b/c this is most like the problem I might encounter first on it (knowing me and my airsoft beretta )

Thanks again for the help.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: MGC - Some Questions (first order)   MGC - Some Questions (first order) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 2:24 pm

Hmm, i haven't had an actual Beretta for some time now so i really can't check the theory out at this time. I think that it's really unusual to break trigger springs..An actual Bretta trigger spring would probably have too much spring tension..
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: MGC - Some Questions (first order)   MGC - Some Questions (first order) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 2:24 pm

*** Originally posted by dartec ***

Hi Mystic, welcome.

Get the MGC Italian if you liek Beretta. This feels a real hand full and wieght. It a superb model and so far mine fires every time thats staright and double tapping. This is the one I play with and keep handy so I can have a 'shoot' anytime. I keep carts cleaned and primed ready for a play in the loft.

Cleaning can be labourous but for me it's part of the realism of model guns. I have now changed my airsoft collection for model guns once I re-discovered them and this forum. I thought airsoft were realistice as the immitated real steal inevery way. But have a loaded mag with 'cartridges' and racking the slide and knowing the gun is 'armed' has that something extra although it doesn't fire a projectile. Dunno what it is but a just can not get enough. I think MGC seem to make solid model guns and ace reliablity or may some guns are better for making as a model gun.

Ray
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: MGC - Some Questions (first order)   MGC - Some Questions (first order) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 2:25 pm

There is another reason that i don't really collect airsoft guns, it's the 6-8mm "BB's" are destructive and fly everywhere Oh wait, so do the cartridges

Ah, really, the "BB's" are bad and they go everywhere even when you are careful when you are shooting indoors as i don't want to take either the model or the airsoftguns to the range(although, i have clearly done so) besides, the temptation to shoot forbidden objects(and we know what they are) is strong In fact, my drywall in my garage is dented badly as i tried out my Marui MP5PDW airsoft on the walls
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: MGC - Some Questions (first order)   MGC - Some Questions (first order) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 2:25 pm

*** Originally posted by gatling ***

I think a MGC Beretta M92FS may be my next modelgun, thanks for the info about it being reliable! I thought of getting the silver heavyweight version, although it seems to be slightly lighter than the super black heavyweight version. Does anyone know if either of them is better in any way?
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

*** Originally posted by dartec ***

Hi Gatling,

Only speak for the MGC Beretta Italian and M9. This gun is the best of my collection as it has a real feel and weight and fires every time.

It is very easy to clean both cartridges and gun. IMO it's the best you'll get bar the real steel. It just has a presence and feel that is superb.

The next would be the MGC V10, then Tanaka USP, Glock 18c. The Marushin M1910 is another one that has a metal and cold feel. It's got weight and again a real steel feel maybe joint 1st with the Beretta.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: MGC - Some Questions (first order)   MGC - Some Questions (first order) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 2:26 pm

Hi Dartec, it's either going to be Italian or Inox. The Inox looks very nice judging by the pics and it would be nice to brighten up my mostly black collection with some silver
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: MGC - Some Questions (first order)   MGC - Some Questions (first order) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 2:26 pm

Keep in mind that the "Inox" version is an ABS version as it is hard to chrome or paint HW plastic. So, it will be lighter than the HW version..
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Thanks for the tip mark
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MGC - Some Questions (first order)   MGC - Some Questions (first order) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MGC - Some Questions (first order)
Page 1 of 1