MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

For those who want big muzzle flash effects

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

For those who want big muzzle flash effects Empty
PostSubject: For those who want big muzzle flash effects   For those who want big muzzle flash effects Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2016 6:44 am

i think many of you wonder how some japanese modelgun enthusiasts achieve big muzzle flash effects like you see on youtube.
Most of them use these inner pistons called WC PB inner. I believe the maker of this is called ''Kaijuya''  they make some unique impressive products for modelguns but unfortunately, they dont make those often. only when they feel like it, and when they do make, you need to contact them directly.
These WC PB inners, they first sold it a few years ago(i think they made wc-pb inner kai(like II) recently though) so you cannot get these anymore.

But recently, Zeke(hobby fix) has released a inner piston that is very similar to WC-PB inner. It comes with 10 Hollow Inner pistons,1 hollow detonator pin and some loading things like this photo.
For those who want big muzzle flash effects G10

if I put caps as directed, I need one 7mm cap for blowback action, two 7mm caps(removed from the containers)for muzzle flash effects so technically, triple caps. you can put some magnesium powder in it if you want. and then you need to fill the hollow inner piston with some kinda paper or something.
but I didnt do that because removing gunpowder from those caps are quite dangerous.
I use one 7mm cap for blowback and one removed 7mm cap +5mm cap for flash instead and i was able to create big muzzle flash effects.
i will show you.
For those who want big muzzle flash effects Index10
For those who want big muzzle flash effects S10

that is how i do that. it is still dangerous because you need to remove one cap from the container.
So, i think, if you worried, just like WC-PB inner, you can just use one 7mm cap for blowback and one 5mm cap(you only need to get rid of the deburrs at the edges not whole like i did in the photo)+magnesium powder. that should still work pretty well.

thats just how i do that. please be really careful if you do as directed or my way, like when you remove gunpowder from the containers please do it at your own risk.

i suggest you only use 7mm cap and one 5mm cap+powder for your safety. that would still create bigger muzzle flash effects than those BWC w-cap inner pistons or other w cap inner pistons because the way you put the 5mm cap in the piston is opposite like the other way you can do that with this zeke inner pistons/wc-pb inner because these pistons have a tiny little hole in each unlike the BWC w-cap inner pistons

Oh one more thing, it doesnt come with cartridges so you need Tanio koba easy cp cartridges for it.
This one is for taniokoba GM7/GM7.5  they also have for MGC GM5(not real sized cartridge ones)

I put up some vidoes of me firing with this zeke piston in the modelgun video section.
it looks powerful but you only use one 7mm cap for blowback so its pretty good for your modelgun.
I personally dont like using magnesuim powder because it makes the gun dirty real quick but with this piston, you can still create visual muzzle flash effects without powder.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: For those who want big muzzle flash effects   For those who want big muzzle flash effects Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2016 11:22 am

Thank you very much for posting this scrupule45  Very Happy I must be one of many that wondered how such large muzzle flash effects can be produced.
Some time ago I did try purchasing some WC PB parts from Japan but none were available. It would be interesting to try the new ZEKE version prepared in the same way that you show.

Making a suitable hollow Detonator Pin for various modelguns like MGC68 MP40, STEN MKIII etc could be fun if muzzle flash can be seen.

Am I correct assuming the green cap in your photos is a standard 5mm MG cap please?

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net

PostSubject: Re: For those who want big muzzle flash effects   For those who want big muzzle flash effects Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2016 12:05 pm

You're welcome!  these pistons and detonator pin are kind of pricy but its worth it. and yes, if you make a suitable hollow detonator pin for your own modelgun, you can use these pistons. I suggest you get these as soon as possible. once they are out of stock, im sure it will be difficult to get them or at least for a while.

And yes, i use 7mm and 5mm MG CAP. Using Marushin or KSC cap would probably be a bad idea. You might have trouble removing from their caps. Their ones are more likely to explode.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: For those who want big muzzle flash effects   For those who want big muzzle flash effects Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2016 12:27 pm

What is the price for a pack please?

Would you be able to source and ship the Zeke pack of pistons and hollow Det. Pins please? I would, of course, be happy to send you payment by Paypal.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For those who want big muzzle flash effects   For those who want big muzzle flash effects Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2016 1:04 pm

Yea  no problem
Which one would you like?

Hollow inner Pistons(10 Pistons)/Hollow detonator pin set for MGC GM5
for 7,344Yen

Hollow inner Pistons(10 pistons)/Hollow detonator pin set for Tanio koba GM7/7.5
for 7,344Yen  (this is the one shown in the first photo)

Hollow inner Pistons(10 Pistons)only
for 3,780Yen

taxes are included. I don't know the shipping cost.  when you get modelgun parts from Japanese people, Japan, how do they send to you?

Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: For those who want big muzzle flash effects   For those who want big muzzle flash effects Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2016 6:13 pm

Thank you for information! :-)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For those who want big muzzle flash effects   For those who want big muzzle flash effects Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2016 12:22 am

hello. for those who are interested in these parts

I have some bad news. the only store I could find online that had these parts, apparently they're running out of stock. Sad
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: For those who want big muzzle flash effects   For those who want big muzzle flash effects Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2016 9:45 am

Hi scrupules45,

I was about to send you an order now but have seen your post above  Sad

If any suppliers start stocking these Zeke pins and pistons again, could you let us know please? I would order some when they're available.

Small orders and items can be shipped from Japan as "Small Air Parcels", larger items are best sent via EMS

Thanks very much

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For those who want big muzzle flash effects   For those who want big muzzle flash effects Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2016 2:54 pm

Yes of course.

As soon as Zeke starts re-making and selling these again, i will let you know. There is a possibility though that Zeke might start making some for Marushin Beretta 92 series.

A few months before Zeke announced that they would sell those inner pistons and pins, they said they'd make prototype a one first for GM7. So, we knew the first model that could be used with these inner pistons was a tanio koba GM7. and then they said they were testing for GM5 which means they were making a prototype detonator pin for GM5 1911 then for GM5 one was out.

and i remember, they also made a prototype detonator pin for a Marushin beretta 92 so that means, next model might be for marushin 92s. I can't guarantee though.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: For those who want big muzzle flash effects   For those who want big muzzle flash effects Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2016 3:28 pm

Thank you very much scupule   Very Happy

I'll be very interested and keen to try the Zeke pistons in several models. 
The hollow det.pin could be adapted to fit other models hopefully

Thanks again

Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1233
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: For those who want big muzzle flash effects   For those who want big muzzle flash effects Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2016 5:16 pm

Marushin 92 would be good always fires well and barrels last. wonder if they would work in the Dolphin?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For those who want big muzzle flash effects   For those who want big muzzle flash effects Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2016 11:20 pm

they were using the dolphin so it should work Smile
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: For those who want big muzzle flash effects   For those who want big muzzle flash effects Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2016 9:02 am

Video of Marushin's Dolphin using the Zeke system -

For those who want big muzzle flash effects Hqdefault

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For those who want big muzzle flash effects   For those who want big muzzle flash effects Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2016 10:41 am

Hello guys.

Looks like the store(i buy from) still has some Zeke parts in stock.

I would be willing to get them for you but unfortunately, i'm unable to buy now because im getting poor lol! (i spent to much this month) so i cant buy any now until next my payday.

But in case anyone here in japan wiling to get some for you guys overseas, i will put a link here

http://www.magnumshop-mugen.co.jp/products/list.php?category_id=40
Back to top Go down
ljerr2
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 571
Location / Country : Iowa, USA
Registration date : 2008-11-26

PostSubject: Re: For those who want big muzzle flash effects   For those who want big muzzle flash effects Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2016 1:33 pm

I hope the M9/92 special cartridge piston platform will cover the Tanaka version, even if it means using the KSC or MGC M9 carts! If it does, count me in! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For those who want big muzzle flash effects   For those who want big muzzle flash effects Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For those who want big muzzle flash effects
Page 1 of 1