MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Modelgun box art and unique packaging

Go down 
AuthorMessage
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2557
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Modelgun box art and unique packaging Empty
PostSubject: Modelgun box art and unique packaging   Modelgun box art and unique packaging Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 11:03 am

*** Originally posted by mark ***

Many examples of modelguns have interesting box art such as the MGC boxes cartoons and many other modelguns had different packaging. Although, many people throw away their original boxes/packaging, some people actively collect them if nothing more than to have a storage box to keep the free of dust...
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Modelgun box art and unique packaging   Modelgun box art and unique packaging Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 11:03 am

*** Originally posted by mark ***

Many of the boxes are very plain as the focus is on the modelgun inside- not the box- or it's art on the cover. However, MGC has made in the past several boxes like the Luger box that you mention, that has cool looking art on it's cover. Some of the packaging, though very plain, does tell just how well the given company is doing selling modelguns. If the box itself is just a plain cardboard box with a loosely packaged modelgun inside then perhaps the company isn't doing so well. Now, if the box is "slick" looking with art or a well done picture or illustration of the modelgun, then the company is probably doing well in sales as they care about the details..

Most of the (all zinc modelguns) boxes that i used to get in the U.S. where just plain white boxes with the RMC logo and the generic description of the guns model (like frontier six-shooter or 1911A-67 etc) whereas in Japan and Europe the MGC boxes had art on them. The Marushin boxes had the pictures of the gun being fired and just on display. And, they had all of the trademarks blacked out on the box as well as removed on the guns themselves. The Marushin boxes that i have in the collecton (with the kits still in them) have large orange stickers on them warning about the enclosed caps etc. The earlier Marushin kit boxes are larger than the newer kit boxes and have differing methods of packaging inside.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Modelgun box art and unique packaging   Modelgun box art and unique packaging Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 11:04 am

*** Originally posted by claymore ***

I keep all the boxes i think the boxes are a big part of collecting not just modelguns but anything that is collectable. I store most of my guns in the boxes at the moment, well at least the pistols, machine guns i keep separate from the boxes as the oil off the metal models can leak and ruin a box.

I dont think i have any boxes that are rare but one of my uzi's came in a plain carboard box the other came in a box with a picture of an uzi on the top and then picture's of other marushin models around the side. My husdon box has what look like silouettes of soldiers on it my M12 box has something on it too but it is in the attic at the moment.

Most of the pistol boxes come with a piccy of the model on the top but as i say dont think i havbe anything that is out of the ordinary.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Modelgun box art and unique packaging   Modelgun box art and unique packaging Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 11:04 am

*** Originally posted by garyforce ***

well guys ive kept all my boxes (though this weekend ive realised that theres still some up north )

but all my guns now live in custom made gun cases that ive made.

4 in total ....each padded and lined .... 3 house 2 "rifle size" guns ... the 4th all my handguns (and that ones damn haevy )

ill still keep my boxes though ...... when i go get them
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Modelgun box art and unique packaging   Modelgun box art and unique packaging Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Modelgun box art and unique packaging
Page 1 of 1