MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Real MP40 Parts Installed

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Real MP40 Parts Installed Empty
PostSubject: Real MP40 Parts Installed   Real MP40 Parts Installed Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 11:52 am

Post by evil_kot

some news about my Marushin MP40 experiments:
On a local gun show (it’s like a flea market, but all about guns), I got me a real WW2 front sight cover, barrel resting bar and recoil tube (that telescopic thing inside the receiver).

Good things:
> All parts perfectly fit
> The gun looks the WAY better and realistic. The muzzle parts are all metal; you can see the recoil tube made of old metal inside the receiver.
> More weight
> The rate of fire is significantly lower. If before it was “bangbangbangbang”, now it “bang.bang.bang.bang”

Bad things:
> The real recoil tube is too heavy for the plastic model. Even with the original Marushin’s spring, it rips the receiver out of the base after 3-4 rounds. The gun literally fells on two parts on you. Remember the post “I’m converting my Marushin MP40 kit into blank”? The gun does not take damage though, but – do not try that at home. Real MP40 Parts Installed Icon_wink

Well, anyways, I always can use the real recoil tube for display purposes, and the Marushin’s one for shooting. And, the real parts keep their resell value – I’ve seen the front sight cover for $110 Real MP40 Parts Installed Icon_eek (I got mine for $30).

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Real MP40 Parts Installed   Real MP40 Parts Installed Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 11:53 am

Post by Mark

You have to be kidding me an original front sight hood for $30.00! Did they have anymore? What other parts did they have?

That's cool about the recoil spring tubes I knew that they would fit but they are usually expensive so, I didn't try them.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Real MP40 Parts Installed   Real MP40 Parts Installed Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 11:55 am

Post by evil_kot

We are talking about that “8” shaped thing – front sight cover – don’t we? I am not an expert, the person told me it is original, but I’m not completely sure. At least it looks original. Btw, how to tell if that original? He had two of them at $30 at the moment, one was very worn out. The tube was $70, pretty expensive. There is one on ebay right now, with the pin and spring, $75, search on mp40 (or mp-40). Resting bar went “buy two get one free”, so the whole deal was $100. He had other parts too… I lost his contact number, damn! I think I’ll see him on the next gun show though…
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Real MP40 Parts Installed   Real MP40 Parts Installed Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 11:55 am

Post by Mark

Yep. that's the front sight hood alright..That was a great price for the hood as the MP40 parts are getting expensive 8-10 years ago, I could buy MP40 parts sets for as little as $175! ah, those where the days!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Real MP40 Parts Installed   Real MP40 Parts Installed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Real MP40 Parts Installed
Page 1 of 1