MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Airsoft Conversion, Anyone?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Airsoft Conversion, Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Airsoft Conversion, Anyone?   Airsoft Conversion, Anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 11:58 am

Post by radback

I see on some Japanese website some people are making their own modelgun from some airsoft guns (someone made an MP5! Airsoft Conversion, Anyone? Icon_cool )
That's pretty cool Airsoft Conversion, Anyone? Icon_biggrin

Is there anyone who try to make such a conversion (fail or succes) ?

Airsoft Conversion, Anyone? Automag180

Shotgun wanted
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Conversion, Anyone?   Airsoft Conversion, Anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 11:59 am

Post by Mark

Actually, I have seen the pictures and video from their endeavors and I do want to convert my Marui H&K PDW airsoft . But I have been thinking that this paticular version might not be right for the conversion..But there is the gas blowback version available of the H&K PDW that might be better..As the important parts are there..
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Conversion, Anyone?   Airsoft Conversion, Anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 11:59 am

Post by John

I of course thought about this.
I have a full metal KJ Works M9 airsoft and I've been dreaming to take its metal frame, barrel and slide onto the MGC or Marushin M92F. Of course I did not even try as it is just impossible to me. There are so much difference in particular the barrel, cartridge extractor and the firing system.

If someone succeeds in doing that, I'm very glad to hear & learn.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Conversion, Anyone?   Airsoft Conversion, Anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 12:00 pm

Post by Mark

I would like to have more airsoft to modelgun discussions as I am very interested in converting my Marui MP5 PDW into a modelgun as it would be hard to accomplish with out help.

Some of the Marui MP5 conversions that I have seen are very cool and they look great but...They don't use the original style or type of firing mechanism the original mechanism might be hard(if not impossible) to reproduce with out casting new parts out of zinc alloys and pressed steel..

One MP5 that I have observed used MGC Smith&Wesson M76 parts in their conversion it worked great!

私は、それが達成するのが難しくて私が私の丸井MP5 PDWをmodelgunに変えることに非常に興味を持っていて、modelgun議論により多くのairsoftを持って欲しいですで外に助ける。

私が見た丸井MP5転換の何人かは、非常にクールです、そして、彼らは偉大に見えます、しかし、...、彼らは最初のスタイルまたは最初のメカニズムが複製するために激しく、あるかもしれない(不可能でないならば)発砲メカニズムのタイプを使いませんで亜鉛合金と押された鋼..から新しい部分を投げて外へ

私が中古のMGC Smith&Wesson M76が彼らの転換においてそれを分けると述べた1つのMP5は、大きくなりました!
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Conversion, Anyone?   Airsoft Conversion, Anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 12:01 pm

Post by Claymore

I have seen some of the MP5's that have been converted (pics only) and it looks like they have ingram parts in, from the MGC i would suppose.

I have just purchased a new mini uzi from KWC for $165 this is a new co2 gas blowback which has a lot of metal parts in it, it has also been designed to have a hard kick to it so is probably strong. This might be a good model for convering into a modelgun.

I have not received it yet next few days i would think i will let you know what it is like.

However i really do not think i have the skill to start converting plus i dont have the tools or know how to make or adapt parts. Really interested if anyone comes up with good ideas though.

私はingram の部品をで有するように及び見ることをMGC からのMP5's のいくつかを(変えられた唯一のpics) 、私は仮定する見た。 それに堅い蹴りを持つように私はちょうど$165 のためのKWC これによってがそれで多くの金属の部品がある新しい二酸化炭素のガス逆火、それからの新しい小型uzi を設計されていたり従ってまたおそらく強いである購入した。これはmodelgun に変換のためのよいモデルであるかもしれない。 私はそれを受け取らなかったけれども私がそれがであるもののよう知らせることをこれから数日間私は考える。 但し私は実際に部品を作りか、または合わせる方法を私が私と変え始めるべき技術を持たなかったり用具をまたは知らないために有することを考えない。だれでもよい考えをしかし思い付けば実際に興味がある。
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Conversion, Anyone?   Airsoft Conversion, Anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 12:01 pm

Post by Mark

That sounds like a great platform to start with I really like the mini Uzi and I have always thought that it was a shame that they never made a modelgun version of one.

Besides, the price was right and it wouldn't hurt to cut one up either most of the Modified mini Uzi's that I have seen have used the Ingram internals for the conversion as they are a natural as the Ingram is a "copy" of the Uzi.

その音はまず第一に大きなプラットホームに合います。そして、私は本当にミニUziが好きです、そして、私は彼らが1のmodelgunバージョンを決して製作しなかったことが恥であったと常に思いました。

また、価格は正しかったです、そして、イングラムがUziの「コピー」であって彼らが天才であって、私が転換のためにイングラム内臓を使ったのを見たどちらのほとんどもの修正されたミニUziのものの上で1を減らすことは痛みません。
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Conversion, Anyone?   Airsoft Conversion, Anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 12:02 pm

Post by Tancor

Hi all,

I'd love to get into this one too! I have quite a few airsofts, some rare, some not - but one I would love to convert (well, there are two actually) - one is my Kokusai M16 machine pistol; I love the gun, but I think I'd love it more as a model gun Airsoft Conversion, Anyone? Icon_wink and the other is a resin kit of a H&K MP7A1 (see this link here: http://www.hkdefense.us/pages/military-le/smg/mp7/mp7.html )

-Tony
(I know I haven't been on much lately, I've been really busy at work, with the end of the quarter and students gone, this week is one of the few I have complete access to the entire campus network to make upgrades and such... sooooo.... I'm not around too much lately)
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Conversion, Anyone?   Airsoft Conversion, Anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 12:03 pm

Post by Mark

Hi Tony,

I have been bussy myself! It's good to have you visit from time to time!

Anyways, I would like to work on my Marui MP5 PDW project but other projects are distracting me at the moment so, possibly in the next few weeks I might be able to try to get the project rolling..

A Kokusai M16 MP?? whats that? Is that the early XM16? with the unusual folding stock?

Anyways, the key here is to use your model building skills to retrofit current modelgun parts into a airsoft shell I.E. use MGC M16 internal parts in a airsoft shell.

Or, the hard way: make your own internal components...And believe me this is not the easiest way to accomplish your goal! Although, I have seen some rather awesome Japanese modelgun conversions these guys are artists!

トニー、やあ、

私は、私自身でバス運転手でした!それは、あなたに時々訪問させるのによいです!

とにかく、私の丸井MP5 PDWプロジェクトに取り組みたいです、しかし、おそらく私がプロジェクトを得るためにためすことができるかもしれないここ数週に、他のプロジェクトはそう現在私の気を散らしています..

国際M16 MP??それは、何ですか?それは、初期のXM16です?変わった折りたたみの株で?

とにかく、ここのキーは、airsoftの内部の部品が殻を取るairsoftシェルI.E.用途MGC M16に現在のmodelgun部品を改造する腕前を造っているあなたのモデルを使うことになっています。

または、堅い方法:構成要素...Andが私と信じるあなた自身の内臓がこんなにあなたのゴールを達成する最も簡単な方法でないことを作ってください!私は、これらの人々がそうであるいくらかのむしろものすごい日本のmodelgun転換を見ましたアーティスト!
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Conversion, Anyone?   Airsoft Conversion, Anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 12:05 pm

Post by Claymore

Tancor, no need to apologise for not posting more just as long as you stay a member. It's good to see this forum expand, so post when you can.

I have to say mark as much a i am tempted to try to make my own modelgun i am very nervous about wrecking 2 perfectly good models (airsoft and modelgun).

I know that temptation will get the better of me but i think i will have to wait until one of you more capable modellers have tried and got some advice and direction.

ちょうどメンバーをとどまる限りTancor のもっと掲示のために謝る必要性無し。このフォーラムが拡大するのを見ることはよいそういつできるか掲示するために。 私は印が私によってが2 つの完全によいモデルの破壊について非常に神経質である私の自身のmodelgun を作ることを試みるように同様に多くの私誘惑されることを言わなければならない(airsoft 及びmodelgun) 。 私はあなたの1 つがより可能なmodellers 助言および方向を試み、得たまで私が待たなければならないことを誘惑が私を負かすが、私が考えることを知っている。
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Conversion, Anyone?   Airsoft Conversion, Anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 12:06 pm

Post by Tancor

mark wrote:
Hi Tony,
I have been bussy myself! It's good to have you visit from time to time!
Anyways, I would like to work on my Marui MP5 PDW project but other projects are distracting me at the moment so, possibly in the next few weeks I might be able to try to get the project rolling..
A Kokusai M16 MP?? whats that? Is that the early XM16? with the unusual folding stock?
I'd love to know how the pdw comes when you get time to work on it. I actually have a JAC PDW that has a metal body that would probably be nice to modify (or maybe not, I haven't looked at it ina long time Wink.
It's a M16 Machine Pistol (well, that's how it's advertised on the box) - it's a fairly nice little gbb unit, kind of like a stubby xm177 w/ no real stock and a different barrel grip and different flash suppressor. I'll have to get a picture of it later and put it up.
Claymore - no worries - I don't plan on leaving as a member Wink
Another model I'd love to explore is taking a Thompson and getting the airsoft aliens gun conversion kit and using the thompson in it. Unfortunately, unless the conversion kit has come down in price, that probably won't happen any time soon.
Oh and Mark, when I get a chance, I'll have to email you about the insert when you have a minute, I think I finally have it shaped the way I want it - has made the MP40 very reliable, for me at least. but no rush, and only when you get some time.
-Tony
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Conversion, Anyone?   Airsoft Conversion, Anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 12:07 pm

Post by John

Hi All,

Anyone will consider to start your business based on your modelgun and model building knowledge ?

How about this :
"A package to help people to turn airsoft into modelgun"

This may be
- One stop service that you do it all with the airsoft and ship the modified gun directly to buyer.
or
- You make up the critical parts and shipped with detailed instruction. The buyer buys the airsoft and common parts & do it according to instruction.

Mark, any interest ?

やあ、みんな、

誰でも、知識を造っているあなたのmodelgunとモデルに基づくあなたの仕事を始めるために考えます?

これはどう:
「人々がairsoftをmodelgunに変えるのを援助するパッケージ」

これがあるかもしれません
−1は、あなたがairsoftで全てやって、買い手に直接修正された銃を出荷する業務を中止します。
または−Youが重要な部品を作って、詳細な指示に含まれました。買い手はairsoftと一般の部品を買います、で、指導に従ってそれをしてください。

マーク(どんな関心でも)?
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Conversion, Anyone?   Airsoft Conversion, Anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 12:08 pm

Post by Mark

Hi John,

That sounds cool and might be workable but it would require lot's of spare time that I really don't have at the moment as I am looking at my employment options...

But a kit or a guidance manual or even, a conversion service does sound good although, it would have to have some serious engineering involved in order to make it look and "shoot" just right...

Tony,

The worst part on these conversions is determining the action type that you want to use I.E. open bolt or closed bolt? realistic internals or custom versions? factory or homemade parts?

The hardest parts are making castings and stamped parts for the more complicated modelgun internals like the MP5 that uses the closed bolt/hammer system..

The modified airsoft MP5's that I have seen use open bolt systems and consequently, they aren't quite as realistic as the H&K "slap" is missing..(the H&K MP5's reloading procedure states that the bolt handle is supposed to be drawn to the rear and locked into the open position and when a new loaded magazine is inserted into the magazine well, the bolt handle is to be "slapped" with the open palm of the left hand)

Now, I think the MP5 deserves the best and most realistic conversions available and it should be given the most care in the conversion process..

I also thought about the Aliens conversion but the Hudson or the Tanaka M1's are the only choice for the Thompson for the conversion and they are expensive and I would hate to have to cut them or something..

Also, are you talking about the Marushin chamber insert?

claymore,

Even with my experience and knowledge I still hesitate to "jump in" the airsoft to modelgun conversion as I don't really want to destroy any hard to get items!

The Japanese that do these modifications are masters at what they do I would screw things up if I tried to do what they have done!

ジョン、やあ、

その音は涼しくなって、働かせられるかもしれません、しかし、それは多くが私が私の雇用オプションを見ていて、私が現在本当に持たない余暇についてあることを義務づけます...

手であるか均一なキットまたはガイダンス以外は、転換サービスはよく聞こえます、それにはそれを見て、ちょうど正当を「撃たせ」るために関係する若干の重大なエンジニアリングがなければならないです...

トニー、

これらの転換に関して最悪の部分は、あなたがI.E.を使うことを望む行動タイプがボルトを開けると決心しているか、ボルトを閉じました?現実的な内臓またはカスタムメイドのバージョン?工場または自家製の部分?

最も硬い部品は鋳造物を作っていて、閉じたボルト/ハンマーシステム.を使うMP5のようなより複雑なmodelgun内臓の部品に印を押しました。

私が見た修正されたairsoft MP5のものは開いたボルトシステムを使用します、そして、従って、彼らはH&K「平手打ち」が行方不明者..(H&K MP5のものが手順を再ロードすることはボルトハンドルが後部に話すと思われて、開いた位置に閉じ込められる、そして、新しいロードした雑誌がよく雑誌に付け加えられるとき、ボルトハンドルが左手の開いた掌で「たたかれることになっている」と述べます)であるほどまだ現実的ではありません

現在、私はMP5が利用できる最高で最も現実的な転換に値する、そして、それが転換process.で最も多くの世話を与えられなければならないと思います。

私もAliens転換について考えました、しかし、ハドソンまたはタナカM1のものは転換のためのトンプソンのための唯一の選択です、そして、彼らは費用がかかります、そして、私は彼らまたは何か.を切らなければならないことを嫌います。

また、あなたはマルシン室挿入物について話していますか?

クレイモア地雷、

私が本当にアイテムを得るのが難しい何も破壊したくなくて、私がまだためらう私の経験と知識でさえ、modelgun転換へのairsoftは「跳び込みます」!

これらの修正をする日本人は、彼らが私が彼らがしたことをしようとするならば、私がものを台無しにするだろうことをするというのの主人です!
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Conversion, Anyone?   Airsoft Conversion, Anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 12:09 pm

Post by Gun_PB

Hi mark Airsoft Conversion, Anyone? Icon_biggrin

When a mark remodels air softGun in model Gun

I cooperate most
I important modelGun  do not break it

Let's begin with a broken thing
I make a thing to want
can make with only air Gun

I introduce remodeling from Marui

But only Japanese

http://www.geocities.jp/gun_pb/mp5a4.html

MP5A5

http://www.geocities.jp/gun_pb/miniuzi/miniuzi.html

miniUZI(MGC M11)

Hi mark Airsoft Conversion, Anyone? Icon_biggrin
mark は、モデルGunでいつエアーソフトGunを改造しますか

私は、最高に協力します
高価なmodelGunは、壊しません
壊れたものから始めましょう
欲しい物は作る
エアーGunだけで作る事が出来ます

マルイからの改造を紹介します

でも日本語だけ
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Conversion, Anyone?   Airsoft Conversion, Anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 12:09 pm

Post by John

Hi Gun_PB,

That cools very cool.
Besides Marui, I also mentioned that the KJ Works (from Taiwan) full metal airsoft pistols is also worthe to consider to modify.

Hi Mark,

Yes, I agree that if the modified airsoft is intended to fire cap, it must be very carefully designed to withstand the explosion power & temperature. But for me, I just want the look and feel of realism of external & internals. Firing is not an option. Will it be a lot easier ?

Gun_PB、やあ、

その涼しさは、非常に涼しくなります。
丸井の他に、私も完全な金属airsoftがピストルで撃つKJ Works(台湾から)がまた、変更されるために考慮するwortheであると言いました。

やあ、跡がついてください、

はい、私は修正されたairsoftがキャップを焼くことを目的とするならば、それは爆発力と温度に耐えるように非常に慎重に設計されていなければならないことに同意します。私がいなければ、私はちょうど外部と内臓のリアリズムのルック&フィールが欲しいです。発砲は、オプションではありません。それは、だいぶより簡単ですか?
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Conversion, Anyone?   Airsoft Conversion, Anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 12:10 pm

Post by Mark

Hi Gun_PB,

I have been waching all of the airsoft to modelgun conversions for some time now you guys are fantastic! I don't know how you think these conversions up!

I don't have any broken airsoft guns that I can convert.. I only have one airsoft, my Marui MP5 PDW it works but it isn't a modelgun.

I think that I can use MGC M16 internal components to mke the conversion work what do you think about using the MGC M16 parts?

Gun_PB、やあ、

きみたちが素晴らしい今、私はしばらくの間modelgun転換にairsoftの全てを見ていました!私は、あなたがどのようにこれらの転換を考え出すかについて、わかりません!

私は、私が変わってください.を缶詰にする少しの壊れたairsoft銃も持っていません。私は1つのairsoftを持つだけです、それがそれ以外は働かせる私の丸井MP5 PDWはmodelgunではありません。

私は、私がMGC M16を使うことができるために、転換をあなたをまねるものを動かさせる内部の構成要素がMGC M16部品を使うことについて考えると思います?
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Conversion, Anyone?   Airsoft Conversion, Anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 12:11 pm

Post by Tancor

Hi Mark,

Yeah, the Marushin MP40 chamber insert we talked about a few weeks ago - you had mentioned I should let you know when I knew what I wanted exactly... well, I think I'm there Airsoft Conversion, Anyone? Icon_wink

-Tony

ps - I think the GBB M16 machine pistol I have would be a fairly easy convert. The mag well I think already fits colt mags, 30 rd style with the slight arc, the ejection port already comes open, and with it being a gbb, I think a lot of what would be needed to be carved out of a non-gbb is already there (ie: the cocking mechanism, as it already exists functional for the gbb operation). I'll have to take it apart to see how feasible it is - it may even be possible with a few switches to do either airsoft or model gun.

Although I would love an MP5 tho..... or a PDW.... either way it would be very nice.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Conversion, Anyone?   Airsoft Conversion, Anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 12:12 pm

Post by Mark

Hi Tony,

Can you e-mail me the drawings/specs that you are thinking about on the chamber mods?

The Kokusai M16 does sound like it might be easier to convert than the other airsoft guns out there due to the GBB system as they have to make the bolt move back and forth in the receiver and that requires recoil springs and other non-airsoft pieces.

That's the reason that I am hesitant to convert my Marui MP5 PDW as it is an electric airsoft gun and would of course, require major re-working to make it work right.

Now, if I had the GBB that ? makes of the PDW I would be "miles" ahead!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Conversion, Anyone?   Airsoft Conversion, Anyone? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Airsoft Conversion, Anyone?
Page 1 of 1