MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tanaka Glock - 3rd generation evo

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
xisle

Number of posts : 3
Location / Country : US
Registration date : 2018-08-28

Tanaka Glock - 3rd generation evo Empty
PostSubject: Tanaka Glock - 3rd generation evo   Tanaka Glock - 3rd generation evo Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2018 11:55 pm

Hey, so I am thinking about picking up a Tanaka Glock. One with a railed frame so that I can put flashlights on them. I was wondering if anyone had any prior experiences with one to help me decide if I should pick one up. I've seen some perform unreliably and break. Other times I've seen them run well, but I'm still not sure if it's worth the price. I'm sort of new with modelguns so please be patient with me!

- Alex
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Tanaka Glock - 3rd generation evo   Tanaka Glock - 3rd generation evo Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2018 7:14 am

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

I don't have any experience with the Tanaka Glocks but I'm sure a fellow forum member will be able to help as there are a few in circulation.

8ace
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1233
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Tanaka Glock - 3rd generation evo   Tanaka Glock - 3rd generation evo Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2018 10:24 am

There is a lot of discussion on the forum about Tanaka's, they did used to be well known for breaking especially the USP which has some very thin areas of plastic. The biggest problem was the round for some reason it really produced a lot of power and just put too much pressure on the plastic parts, the barrel in particular.
Tanaka fortunately over the last few yrs have made design changes to both round and guns and so now the new evolution models and rounds work well and dont break so they are a safe bet to buy. So yes the new model evo Glock should be fine and make sure its the new evo rounds you use and all should be well.
However as i tell everyone, these guns are made of plastic so if you use them it is possible something will break, thats the chance you take with plastic models but so far my evo Tanaka models are holding up well.
Back to top Go down
ljerr2
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 571
Location / Country : Iowa, USA
Registration date : 2008-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Tanaka Glock - 3rd generation evo   Tanaka Glock - 3rd generation evo Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2018 9:53 pm

I'm a fan of the Tanaka models. They usually have very nice attention to detail as far as appearance.

Another nice thing about Tanaka is that if you get your hands on one, spare parts can be sourced for them, too. Big bonus for anyone who actually fires their models.

I have the Glock model and it didn't run well out of the box. It just took a little bit of work and now it purrs like a kitten!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tanaka Glock - 3rd generation evo   Tanaka Glock - 3rd generation evo Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tanaka Glock - 3rd generation evo
Page 1 of 1