MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Model gun sales - US based

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ljerr2
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 571
Location / Country : Iowa, USA
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Model gun sales - US based Empty
PostSubject: Model gun sales - US based   Model gun sales - US based Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 5:14 pm

Hi All -

Going to try to sell a few models, mainly because I have multiples of these.  As most of you may know in the US, these are getting more and more difficult to import.  All of those listed below have been unmolested and contain all original markings and look beautiful.

I will ship these internationally, but shipping could be expensive, as well as the risk of import into your country will be at your own risk.

Tanaka Glock Evo - new condition, unfired $265.  Spare cartridges available.  5 included
Tanaka Python Nickel .357 version 2.5" barrel - new condition, unfired $285.  6 carts included SOLD
Tanaka M1897 Sawed Off Ver 2 - new condition, unfired $600.  Spare cartridges avail.  Inc 2 carts
CAW M1911 - new condition, unfired - $360.  Spare cartridges avail.  7 included
Tanio Koba M1911 Black version - new condition unfired $400.  Spare carts avail. 7 included
CAW SAA Nickel version 5.5" barrels - I have a set of 2 or will sell individually - $295 or $550 for the pair
CAW SAA SAA 4.75" barrel  $225
I will be listing most of these on ebay at a plus 10% due to ebay's crazy fees.  I'll have pictures there.

Feel free to contact me with any questions or if you want to make me an offer.  Thanks!

Last edited by ljerr2 on Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:55 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Fight Designer
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Fight Designer

Number of posts : 240
Location / Country : Eugene, OR, USA
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Model gun sales - US based   Model gun sales - US based Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2020 3:59 pm

You've mentioned on other threads the Tanaka Evo not working great out of the box, but being great with some modifications. What did you have to do?
Back to top Go down
http://www.fightdesigner.com
ljerr2
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

PostSubject: Re: Model gun sales - US based   Model gun sales - US based Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2020 4:13 pm

I have had 5 of the Tanaka G17s (still have 4) and I think 2 of them needed some minor work.  
The mods needed for the ones that did need some help were very, very minor.  
Whenever I modify a replica, I generally make notes.  I can go check them out and see for sure, but what I recall from memory was smoothing the recoil spring plunger and recoil rod opening.  If there is roughness there or interference, the barrel won't angle correctly when cycling and cause jams and sooner or later barrel breakage.  
You'll also want to take a look at the clearance between the barrel breech and the slide to make sure that operates smoothly as well or it can cause the same issues.
Feel free to PM me if you're having any issues with yours and I'll try to help you get it sorted out!
Back to top Go down
Fight Designer
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Fight Designer

PostSubject: Re: Model gun sales - US based   Model gun sales - US based Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2020 7:41 pm

I don't have one right now, I'm just getting tempted... the videos look great. I had one of the Tanaka USPs back in the day, and an actor broke the trigger the first time it was used, but I hear they've gotten better.
Back to top Go down
ljerr2
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

PostSubject: Re: Model gun sales - US based   Model gun sales - US based Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2020 8:01 pm

I'd read stories of the fragile nature of the Tanaka semi autos in the past, but I haven't had any issues with mine. Mine seem to fire very reliably. I have a bunch of G17s and M9s and love them.

I've run a number of different cartridges in the G17s and they all seem to work really well - KSC, MGC, and of course the Tanaka Evo and pre-Evo cartridges.

However, my favorite cartridge right now is the C-Tec mild kick alloy cartridge. Super easy cleanup and possibly a little easier on the gun. IMHO, the only downside to running them in a G17 is you will need to change out the detonator to a custom one. As far as film work, I don't recall ever having any failures of any kind when running this setup, so they should be good for that type of work, including some close-up work as the markings are excellent.

My experience is that the Tanaka G17 is very hard to get as Glock is very, very protective of its patent. If you list a replica Glock on ebay, it will be pulled in short order! If you get one shipped in from overseas, it's a gamble. If it gets inspected, you can forget about it.

I've had a lot of trouble getting overseas shipments, especially within the last year - confiscation, returns, and damaged goods. Frustrating.

If you're looking for a terrific film semi-auto, you may want to also check out the Tanio Koba GM7/7.5 1911 models as they are super reliable work horses. They work and work and work and work! Good markings as well. Tons of cartridge options there, too - Open, CP-HW, EasyCP, C-Tec, BWC, Zeke setup, etc.

Just getting the caps now is as much of a concern as anything for us collectors who like to fire their models. I have a dwindling stockpile...................

Back to top Go down
Fight Designer
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Fight Designer

PostSubject: Re: Model gun sales - US based   Model gun sales - US based Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2020 8:53 pm

Have you tried using normal/cheap ring caps in lieu of 5mm modelgun caps? They seem to be the same size. I think I used them in a revolver a couple times, since that didn't require them to cycle.
Back to top Go down
ljerr2
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

PostSubject: Re: Model gun sales - US based   Model gun sales - US based Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2020 9:58 pm

No, I have never tried substituting ring caps for model gun caps.

If I run out of caps and can no longer get any, I am not sure I will continue in the hobby as "firing" these models is more than half of the fun for me. I have several models setup for "prop" effects which involves each cartridge firing more than one cap - sometimes 2, sometimes 3, and I even have some shotgun cartridges that take 7 caps. I'm already hesitant to use the prop setups in order to conserve more caps. That's a shame.
Back to top Go down
Fight Designer
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Fight Designer

PostSubject: Re: Model gun sales - US based   Model gun sales - US based Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2020 10:45 pm

Yeah, between the fragility and the expendables (caps, and to some degree shells) they certainly aren't my go-to prop options... they're just so cool when they work!
Back to top Go down
ljerr2
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

PostSubject: Re: Model gun sales - US based   Model gun sales - US based Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2020 11:27 pm

yep - once they are "tuned" if needed, they are awesome!

I hate to even think about how much I've got wrapped up in this hobby! Wish I'd stockpiled a lot more caps when I had the chance!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Model gun sales - US based   Model gun sales - US based Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2020 4:19 pm

So... 7mm or 5mm caps can't be imported into the US at all anymore?

Why?

I was eyeing that Tanio Koba 1911 because I heard it's the most reliable PFC gun available.

I briefly owned a Marushin 1911 kit gun a few years back and I would be lucky to get two consecutive shots without a jam.

I'd even trade one of my Marushin G21's and some gold RA-tech shells for that Tanio Koba 1911!
Back to top Go down
ljerr2
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

PostSubject: Re: Model gun sales - US based   Model gun sales - US based Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2020 5:58 pm

Yes, the Tanio Koba 1911 is one of the best firing and most reliable modelguns right out of the box......
and......

unfortunately........

I don't know of anyone importing modelgun caps into the US at the moment due to postal restrictions.

Once in a while it seems some will come up for sale on ebay. I bought a few hundred 5mm Marushin caps there a while back. I don't even like Marushin caps, but figured I could use them in my cheap BFG's!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Model gun sales - US based   Model gun sales - US based Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2020 4:20 pm

So would you trade that Koba 1911 for a Marushin G21 with silver slide and about a dozen gold RA-tech shells?
The mag has a small leak and sometimes it cycles a bit finicky but I would say it's reliable enough to be used on set.

Or, I also have a TOP G&P shell ejecting M4 which sort of works in the sense that the bolt will cycle back and eject the shell, but then on its way forward it will get stuck halfway and needs a push forward.
When the top received is removed, it cycles fine (and actually shoots the shells forward lol since there's no chamber). Might need some filing down somewhere to get it back up and running like new.

I used these props in a short film about 5 years ago
Back to top Go down
ljerr2
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

PostSubject: Re: Model gun sales - US based   Model gun sales - US based Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2020 2:41 pm

Sorry - not looking for any trades at the moment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Model gun sales - US based   Model gun sales - US based Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2020 5:23 pm

PM'ed you ljerr2
Back to top Go down
ljerr2
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

PostSubject: Re: Model gun sales - US based   Model gun sales - US based Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2020 3:56 am

post updated with new models and deleting those sold.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Model gun sales - US based   Model gun sales - US based Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Model gun sales - US based
Page 1 of 1