MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tanaka Sig 226 MK25

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1234
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Tanaka Sig 226 MK25 Empty
PostSubject: Tanaka Sig 226 MK25   Tanaka Sig 226 MK25 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2020 2:05 pm

Tanaka sig 226 Mk25 evo 2, This is a great looking model and has had more improvements made since the the evo model, mainly the barrel and recoil system which have been improved and strengthened.
As you can see there were a few jams, the first reason I found was that the mag follower was sticking so not feeding rounds up, so a lube of the follower helped but I think its still sticking a bit and needs a bit of polish and smoothing of edges.
Next thing I found was the det pin had not been set correctly, strange when its straight from the factory but the pin was too high in the barrel so the slide was not fully forward. You could not really tell by looking at the back of the slide but looking at the top you could see the gap between the chamber and the slide and of course you could see the round through the gap, so I reset the det pin.

All that done and its still not firing as reliably as I would of expected, could the mag follower so I need to play about with it a bit more. As we all know with these models it only takes a gnats hair of a problem to stop it functioning properly, could also be down to caps and rounds, though the rounds were clean and seals looked good . Anyway will try the newer evo 2 carts in it next time and see if it works better.

https://youtu.be/60p8ybKm580

Tanaka Sig 226 MK25 Tanaka15

Tanaka Sig 226 MK25 Tanaka16

https://youtu.be/60p8ybKm580
Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

Number of posts : 647
Location / Country : Germany (Stuttgart)
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Tanaka Sig 226 MK25   Tanaka Sig 226 MK25 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2020 2:31 pm

Very nice, thank you for the video, mate!
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Tanaka Sig 226 MK25   Tanaka Sig 226 MK25 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2020 4:02 pm

Thanks Claymore!

Thanks too for your explanation why this model didn't fire as it should, very useful to know.

The 226 is one pistol I particularly like the look of. I don't have one (yet), but I'm very tempted especially now that Tanaka have improved the material and made their models less fragile.

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Tanaka Sig 226 MK25   Tanaka Sig 226 MK25 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2020 6:28 pm

Very nice cheers
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Tanaka Sig 226 MK25   Tanaka Sig 226 MK25 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2020 8:36 am

claymore wrote:
(...)the mag follower was sticking (...) the det pin had not been set correctly(...) As we all know with these models it only takes a gnats hair of a problem to stop it functioning properly, could also be down to caps and rounds (...)

Best "modelgun in a nutshell" summary I've seen :-)
Too much of such knowledge is black magic, it is indeed very hard to figure out what the problem is when the problem can be such a minuscule thing... Thanks for taking time to share!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tanaka Sig 226 MK25   Tanaka Sig 226 MK25 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tanaka Sig 226 MK25
Page 1 of 1