MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MGC Sterling

Go down 
+3
Cerwyn
ljerr2
claymore
7 posters
AuthorMessage
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1234
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

MGC Sterling Empty
PostSubject: MGC Sterling   MGC Sterling Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2021 7:53 pm

MGC sterling made in the 1960's when they could still use some steel in these models. As I have mentioned before this is one of my favorite models if not my No1, why because its steel and zinc, it fires great but mostly because I carried the real thing for many yrs and although it was a pain at times to carry (crap sling and it dug into your back) it was a  great gun to fire (although it liked going full auto when in semi mode), simple design, easy to clean and you could open fire whilst completely prone with the side mounted mag, not so easy to do with a mag sticking out of the bottom and it brings back a lot of good memories.
This has a custom steel bolt and uses P220 rounds, its a model that only fails to fire when a cap fails or the seals on the round break and you can burst fire it with confidence, many models you just have to keep the trigger pressed once you start firing or they jam, well at least some of mine seem to.

These have ranged in price from £400 to £800 depending where you buy from, though I have not seen any for sale of late. Mags are hard if not impossible to get hold of, some real sterling mags can be used (I have one and it works well) but they need fiddling with to get them to fit, I have no idea what you need do to  them as mine was done by someone else.

https://youtu.be/AoeDeG5cTXY

Cerwyn, Browning, Brough2 and oozlum like this post

Back to top Go down
ljerr2
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 571
Location / Country : Iowa, USA
Registration date : 2008-11-26

MGC Sterling Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC Sterling   MGC Sterling Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2021 9:56 pm

MGC Sterling 2740960407 MGC Sterling 2740960407 MGC Sterling 2740960407 MGC Sterling 2740960407

Nice!!!!!!

What an excellent firing model!

claymore likes this post

Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

MGC Sterling Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC Sterling   MGC Sterling Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2021 9:00 am

Very nice!
the Sterling is one of my favourites too. As you say Claymore, the only thing that stops mine firing is either faulty caps or 0 rings.
A GREAT video, thanks for posting mate

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.

claymore likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
oozlum
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 150
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2019-12-08

MGC Sterling Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC Sterling   MGC Sterling Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2021 8:26 pm

In the Army we were never ever allowed to fire full auto. A bit odd, really.

TinMan66 likes this post

Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1234
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

MGC Sterling Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC Sterling   MGC Sterling Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2021 10:02 pm

In my first yrs in we could go full auto, but i think somewhere along the line someone fired over the top of a range (HOW!!!) then it all stopped, though there were some special ranges.
One of the reasons i like modelguns and full auto ones so much MGC Sterling 2740960407 hate the round cleaning theough Mad

TinMan66 likes this post

Back to top Go down
oozlum
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 150
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2019-12-08

MGC Sterling Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC Sterling   MGC Sterling Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2021 10:35 pm

Yes, I’m with you there! :Smilie  68:
Back to top Go down
Sommarkatze
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
Sommarkatze

Number of posts : 168
Location / Country : Sweden.
Registration date : 2011-10-01

MGC Sterling Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC Sterling   MGC Sterling Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2021 4:35 pm

Looks awesome! Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
megamicrofish
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 137
Location / Country : United Kingdom
Registration date : 2009-11-24

MGC Sterling Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC Sterling   MGC Sterling Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2021 8:56 am

The reason why these are getting rarer is, Star Wars collectors are buying these and modifying them to resemble the Stormtrooper blasters (they actually used the MGC sterling's in episode 6), They go for silly money on the prop forums. I also see from the video that the front end of yours has been modified to look like a UK Sterling L2A3 instead of the Canadian C1, I had one that was modified also, had an original pistol grip , genuine rear sight, genuine mag, bayonet lug and a curved cocking handle. Can't remember who I sold it to on here.

claymore, Browning, sskunky and SunHill999 like this post

Back to top Go down
TinMan66

Number of posts : 6
Location / Country : United Kingdom
Registration date : 2019-06-28

MGC Sterling Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC Sterling   MGC Sterling Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2021 9:16 am

oozlum wrote:
In the Army we were never ever allowed to fire full auto. A bit odd, really.

I'm an ex REME Armourer, hence why I love these model guns! Just wanted to share an interesting 9mm fact with you:

When acting as a range supervisor on a CQB range one day I remember following behind a guy with a Stirling as he worked his way through, I was able to see the 9mm bullets as they left the muzzle. The same could be seen with the 9mm Browning also. You have to be right behind the shooter to see this though. very cool Cool

sskunky, SunHill999 and oozlum like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MGC Sterling Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC Sterling   MGC Sterling Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MGC Sterling
Page 1 of 1