MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Modifying a Real Sterling SMG magazine to fit A MGC Sterling : Help Needed.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hemlock

Number of posts : 10
Location / Country : France
Registration date : 2016-07-20

Modifying a Real Sterling SMG magazine to fit A MGC Sterling : Help Needed. Empty
PostSubject: Modifying a Real Sterling SMG magazine to fit A MGC Sterling : Help Needed.   Modifying a Real Sterling SMG magazine to fit A MGC Sterling : Help Needed. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2021 10:55 pm

Hello,

can it be done and can someone please explain how ? (with pictures if possible please?)

Also does anyone have a source for real mags that will ship to France and take Paypal? (lol)

I understand those are quite common in the UK but in France not so much.

I have these two MGC that I managed to save but none came with an original MGC magazine. Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad

Modifying a Real Sterling SMG magazine to fit A MGC Sterling : Help Needed. Hemloc10

Browning likes this post

Back to top Go down
paddyfritz

Number of posts : 1
Location / Country : Canada
Registration date : 2011-11-13

Modifying a Real Sterling SMG magazine to fit A MGC Sterling : Help Needed. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modifying a Real Sterling SMG magazine to fit A MGC Sterling : Help Needed.   Modifying a Real Sterling SMG magazine to fit A MGC Sterling : Help Needed. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2021 1:29 pm

I modified a sten mag to fit a MCG mp40. I needed to grind the sides down to make it fit. I dont know if it will feed as I do not have cartridges.
Back to top Go down
francky
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 8
Location / Country : Kihei HI 96753
Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: modifying is easy!   Modifying a Real Sterling SMG magazine to fit A MGC Sterling : Help Needed. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2021 5:15 pm

Aloha!

I had MGC sterling with real mag but I sold it while ago.
Anyway, modify is easy.

Back to top Go down
Hemlock

PostSubject: Re: Modifying a Real Sterling SMG magazine to fit A MGC Sterling : Help Needed.   Modifying a Real Sterling SMG magazine to fit A MGC Sterling : Help Needed. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 4:06 am

Ok, so it will just "seat" in the mag well but not lock?
Back to top Go down
francky
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 8
Location / Country : Kihei HI 96753
Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Modifying a Real Sterling SMG magazine to fit A MGC Sterling : Help Needed.   Modifying a Real Sterling SMG magazine to fit A MGC Sterling : Help Needed. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 6:52 am

There is a small parts on the mag, you need to remove(which is welded) it and put it back on the different spot again between mag and mag housing in order to place the mag at right position.

Then make a small hole for the mag catch.(this is very important)

You need to adjust the ejector to vent little not to interfere against the bolt and mag.

Back to top Go down
Hemlock

PostSubject: Re: Modifying a Real Sterling SMG magazine to fit A MGC Sterling : Help Needed.   Modifying a Real Sterling SMG magazine to fit A MGC Sterling : Help Needed. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2021 1:44 am

Thanks, first I need to get my hands on a real mag as it's hard for me to visualize it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Modifying a Real Sterling SMG magazine to fit A MGC Sterling : Help Needed.   Modifying a Real Sterling SMG magazine to fit A MGC Sterling : Help Needed. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Modifying a Real Sterling SMG magazine to fit A MGC Sterling : Help Needed.
Page 1 of 1