MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Help with older cart identification.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
oozlum
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 149
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2019-12-08

Help with older cart identification.  Empty
PostSubject: Help with older cart identification.    Help with older cart identification.  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2021 8:23 pm

Hi all.

Along with model guns I collect cartridges (inert, being in the UK). I picked up a varied collection today, and there were a few ‘dummies’ included. One of them struck me as being a possible candidate for a tanio action PPK that I have (with no carts). Lo and behold, it fits, cycles & ejects (I’ve not tried with a cap *edit and fires caps!). So I’m guessing it’s either the proper cart, or I’m just lucky.

The question then, for you knowledgeable folk:

Is this an example of the original cart (smallest in the pics)? And can anyone identify the other ‘dummies’?

Help with older cart identification.  Ccb04f10
Help with older cart identification.  1d787310
Help with older cart identification.  615eec10
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1233
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Help with older cart identification.    Help with older cart identification.  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2021 1:40 pm

Not an easy one mate, i have some rounds that look like they should fire but i cannot figure out how and neither do our japanese contacts. i also have a number of odd rounds and i wonder if they were for early none fire models, like mgc revolvers.

oozlum likes this post

Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Help with older cart identification.    Help with older cart identification.  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2022 10:37 pm

The last one should be the original Tanio PPK cartridge, I have a similar one. It is a cap-firing (sound&sparks), but not blow-back (slide moves) cartridge.
The middle ones seems to be of a similar cap-firing type. I do not recognize them from the photos I have - only seen dummyies with a rounded nose/no hole (for example MGC ones had a lead tip for "real" look) or cap-firing ones that are more cylindrical (top is flat, not rounded). probably from an early CMC revolver. Later thee cartridges changed to multi-piece design.
Hopefully someone familiar with these in practice might be able to help more.

Cerwyn and oozlum like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help with older cart identification.    Help with older cart identification.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help with older cart identification.
Page 1 of 1