MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

(did you know about) DENIX BROWNING HP VINTAGE?

Go down 
+2
MGC68 mp40
dave1
6 posters
AuthorMessage
dave1

Number of posts : 32
Location / Country : Italia
Registration date : 2018-01-23

(did you know about) DENIX BROWNING HP VINTAGE? Empty
PostSubject: (did you know about) DENIX BROWNING HP VINTAGE?   (did you know about) DENIX BROWNING HP VINTAGE? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2022 3:18 pm

Hi to all out there. We 're living in troubled times and I personally haven't find time for a long while to follow up forums or actively partecipate in them. Anyway during a search of mine for news or active ads about Nakata replicas - Browning, Walther P38, others, I came across this (closed I guess) ad, here the link:

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/denix-browning-high-power-hp-non-3113103906

Judging from pictures, it seems a better version of the denix Browning HP replica currently produced(that I bought out of desperation Neutral , finding nothing better - other than WE GBB...), with a moving safety lever, holding back the slide, and an overall finish and details which make it closer to the MGC/RMI model. And a better box too, with a polystyrene base containing replica and a nice box art.
So I wonder, why, whyyyy Sad  didn't they keep producing this version? Anyone knows somenthing about that?
BTW, I'm still searching for a Nakata/RMI Browning HP in almost good condition. Thanks in advance for your tips. I recently purchased a Nakata Tokarev T33 but that'll be the content of another topic.
See you Folks.
Best regards

Stage Armament Solutions, SunHill999, dave1 and MGC68 mp40 like this post

Back to top Go down
MGC68 mp40

Number of posts : 1
Location / Country : Australia
Registration date : 2021-08-16

PostSubject: Re: older Browning HP 9mm copies...   (did you know about) DENIX BROWNING HP VINTAGE? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2022 4:27 am

I have seen some very accurate non firing copies of handguns made from the 1960s.
These can be broken down into individual components as the originals...
but I say the reason why you don't see good copies today is because they are "too accurate "...and authorities have in the past requested these to be less functioning...
Hence the big interest in these older copies....and aftermarket add-ons to modern one's.
The worthpoint link you have provided shows a good model of the Browning HP but not 100% accurate either...for the above reasons...the crack down occurred almost immediately after there release (US, the main market).

As an aside, I have two wrecked versions of the older non firing handguns, these are Japanese made Browning M1910 in 7.65mm and the Italian M34 9mm corto copies...both need replacement parts & grips.
I am looking for same if anyone has any spares.

dave1 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sommarkatze
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
Sommarkatze

Number of posts : 165
Location / Country : Sweden.
Registration date : 2011-10-01

PostSubject: Re: (did you know about) DENIX BROWNING HP VINTAGE?   (did you know about) DENIX BROWNING HP VINTAGE? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2022 10:51 pm

From what I Heard Denix had a big fire at their factory somewhere in the 90s early 2000s. And therefore lost many of the molds and what not for their old replicas.

So they basically had to remake many of their models. And I guess they wanted to come back Quick to the market so they Went with a more simple easy to make model.

But thats what I Heard so Please correct me if I am wrong.

SunHill999 likes this post

Back to top Go down
SunHill999

Number of posts : 59
Location / Country : london
Registration date : 2016-09-06

PostSubject: Re: (did you know about) DENIX BROWNING HP VINTAGE?   (did you know about) DENIX BROWNING HP VINTAGE? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2022 11:15 pm

Sommarkatze wrote:
From what I Heard Denix had a big fire at their factory somewhere in the 90s early 2000s. And therefore lost many of the molds and what not for their old replicas.

So they basically had to remake many of their models. And I guess they wanted to come back Quick to the market so they Went with a more simple easy to make model.

But thats what I Heard so Please correct me if I am wrong.

I heard it was 2005. Also concerns about converting them to live ammo was another reason for cheap pot metal.

SunHill999 likes this post

Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

Number of posts : 647
Location / Country : Germany (Stuttgart)
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: (did you know about) DENIX BROWNING HP VINTAGE?   (did you know about) DENIX BROWNING HP VINTAGE? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2022 9:50 am

I don't know anything about this Browning, but regarding the History of Denix they offer good information on their website:

https://www.denix.es/en/company/denix/

The great fire was 2005 as you say.
Back to top Go down
Pydracor
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 169
Location / Country : Germany
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: (did you know about) DENIX BROWNING HP VINTAGE?   (did you know about) DENIX BROWNING HP VINTAGE? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2022 6:46 pm

I recently got my hands on a rather extensive liquidation of a modelgun collection, containing several old MGC/RMI models.
Among them are several RMI Browning HiPowers, mostly in so-so condition, a few of them not working correctly (either the hammer doesn't stay back when cocked, or it can be cocked, but the trigger doesn't release it).

If you're interested in a deal (maybe something like one working HiPower + one parts donator), let me know and I will send further info and pics Smile

dave1 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (did you know about) DENIX BROWNING HP VINTAGE?   (did you know about) DENIX BROWNING HP VINTAGE? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

(did you know about) DENIX BROWNING HP VINTAGE?
Page 1 of 1