MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

yahoo Japan Auctions no longer available in Europe

Go down 
+5
c_alexandersen
claymore
blast335
8ace
MadMike
9 posters
AuthorMessage
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

Number of posts : 647
Location / Country : Germany (Stuttgart)
Registration date : 2008-08-06

yahoo Japan Auctions no longer available in Europe Empty
PostSubject: yahoo Japan Auctions no longer available in Europe   yahoo Japan Auctions no longer available in Europe Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2022 11:40 am

It seems that Yahoo Japan auctions are no longer available in most parts of Europa.

I wanted to check a few items and I found this:

yahoo Japan Auctions no longer available in Europe QTJ4PTK

yahoo Japan Auctions no longer available in Europe EquTeTA

This would be very sad and a real loss for European collectors …

I found a lot of great models there over the years, and it was always also very helpful for reference.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK

PostSubject: Re: yahoo Japan Auctions no longer available in Europe   yahoo Japan Auctions no longer available in Europe Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2022 12:33 pm

Interesting. I wonder why they've chosen to to do that?

Back to top Go down
blast335

Number of posts : 19
Location / Country : USA
Registration date : 2020-02-19

PostSubject: Re: yahoo Japan Auctions no longer available in Europe   yahoo Japan Auctions no longer available in Europe Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2022 5:17 pm

8ace wrote:
Interesting. I wonder why they've chosen to to do that?

The shortest path from japan to most (if not all) of Europe involves flying over Russia. This is just a guess, but maybe the logistics issues with shipping from Japan to Europe without going through Russia were more than the folks at Yahoo Japan were willing to work around.
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1233
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: yahoo Japan Auctions no longer available in Europe   yahoo Japan Auctions no longer available in Europe Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2022 7:16 pm

Really dont understand that, its on the internet which is normally worldwide, seems a very strange decision and bad for me as i check for spare parts on a regular basis. very very weird and i just dont understand it.
Back to top Go down
c_alexandersen
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
c_alexandersen

Number of posts : 292
Location / Country : Denmark
Registration date : 2011-11-30

PostSubject: Re: yahoo Japan Auctions no longer available in Europe   yahoo Japan Auctions no longer available in Europe Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2022 5:47 am

Don’t take no for an answer Mad

If there is a will (and a wallet) there is a way What a Face

No matter if you acces from phone or computer you connect from a local internet net host and this I what “yahoo Japan” use to determine your location.

BUT if you acces through a VPN connection you can connect to a Japanese connection point and yahoo will let you acces.
I have just tested my VPN and it works.
If it also work for trading directly with sellers I don’t know

I am no IT nerd so I have just payed for one of the established operators and it seems ok

MadMike and Browning like this post

Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

PostSubject: Re: yahoo Japan Auctions no longer available in Europe   yahoo Japan Auctions no longer available in Europe Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2022 7:46 am

After doing some research I learnt that Yahoo Japan has announced the end of their service in most parts of Europe in February. The reason is that it is too complicated and too expensive to adjust their services to European standards and regulations, mostly data protection regulations.
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

PostSubject: Re: yahoo Japan Auctions no longer available in Europe   yahoo Japan Auctions no longer available in Europe Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2022 2:12 pm

Yeah have to say i dont believe that reason, pretty much dont believe any big company these days.
Back to top Go down
dave1

Number of posts : 32
Location / Country : Italia
Registration date : 2018-01-23

PostSubject: Re: yahoo Japan Auctions no longer available in Europe   yahoo Japan Auctions no longer available in Europe Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2022 3:19 pm

Well, Don't know what to say. I used to buy on Yahoo Japan through proxy service Rinkya until last year, when I opened a dispute on PayPal for an item not shipped: the item was shipped again(it was a MGC winchester 73) but my account was blocked in retaliation; I could no longer bid. Didn't care about that 'cause I had got plenty of replicas, both metal and heavy weight. Didn't try to use Yahoo directly because I wasn't sure about signing up, language barrier and guarantees for buyer (did they accept PayPal btw?).
Anyway, I guess it's a loss for us collectors. Probably it has to do with the currently troubled international situation and the commercial routes, too. I really don't know
Back to top Go down
Pydracor
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 169
Location / Country : Germany
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: yahoo Japan Auctions no longer available in Europe   yahoo Japan Auctions no longer available in Europe Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2022 8:05 am

Bought quite a bit of stuff on Yahoo Japan through Shazhib and two guys I know have found another proxy bidder there.

It's pretty much impossible to create an account from outside Japan and most professional proxy bidder companies do not offer there services for gun replica auctions. Too risky for them.
So it has to be private persons like Shazhib (who I can definately recommend, upright guy! Smile)

If you still want to browse Yahoo Japan, you have to use a VPN client. For Firefox for example, I'm using the "Browsec" addon. Seems they offer addons for Chrome, Opera etc. aswell.

The trial version can simulate you'd access sites from the US, connection is mediocre and rather slow, but it's free of cost and enough to check auctions from time to time.
Check here
I'm sure there are several other alternatives of VPN clients, just check for your browser.

On the mobile, the Opera browser offers a VPN option, with that activated, you can still access Yahoo Japan.

claymore likes this post

Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

PostSubject: Re: yahoo Japan Auctions no longer available in Europe   yahoo Japan Auctions no longer available in Europe Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2022 10:27 am

Pydracor, tried this and it worked, really slow as you say but changed it to american sever and it worked. slow is better than nothing. i see that other servers like Japan are on a premium account and i presume you have to pay.
I did check out some other VPN's but they are not cheap.
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

PostSubject: Re: yahoo Japan Auctions no longer available in Europe   yahoo Japan Auctions no longer available in Europe Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2022 4:41 pm

found a translate add on for firefox so thats good but also went on to chrome and put in VPN add on and a number came up but also the browsec and again worked fine and would translate, again not super fast but i am still happy.
Back to top Go down
shazhib
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
shazhib

Number of posts : 323
Location / Country : Tokyo, Japan

PostSubject: Re: yahoo Japan Auctions no longer available in Europe   yahoo Japan Auctions no longer available in Europe Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2022 2:13 pm

Seem this is mainly due to GDPR (data protection act in EU+UK?).
Yahoo Japan user from Europe is less than 1% of entire user, Yahoo Japan found it is not cost efficient to maintain a framework to comply GDPR (I'm not sure how much it cost or what kind of framework is necessary). I know it is unfortunate for some members here....
S
Back to top Go down
DARIUS DRUMM

Number of posts : 14
Location / Country : France
Registration date : 2021-07-22

PostSubject: Shipping japan    yahoo Japan Auctions no longer available in Europe Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2022 9:41 am

Good morning,

It seems to me that there was a person who could ship from Japan to Europe who knows his address , because I bought an mp 40 this weekend :thank's !
Back to top Go down
c_alexandersen
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
c_alexandersen

Number of posts : 292
Location / Country : Denmark
Registration date : 2011-11-30

PostSubject: Re: yahoo Japan Auctions no longer available in Europe   yahoo Japan Auctions no longer available in Europe Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2022 9:17 am

The last update i have from Japanse members is
Yamato have stopped acepting shipping Modelguns
Japan post accept but for the time Japan post do not ship (Any goods) to a number of european countries because of the conflict In the Ukraine
Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

PostSubject: Re: yahoo Japan Auctions no longer available in Europe   yahoo Japan Auctions no longer available in Europe Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2022 2:10 pm

Shipping from Japan to Europe seems a big problem right nwo. Due to the war in Ukraine Japan Post has stopped shipping parcels, as well as EMS to Germany. The service to France and Spain has resumed now tough.

Sadly FedEx (which was very fast from Japan to Germany in the past) does no longer allow Airsoft models or modelguns at all.
Back to top Go down
Pydracor
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 169
Location / Country : Germany
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: yahoo Japan Auctions no longer available in Europe   yahoo Japan Auctions no longer available in Europe Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2022 10:56 pm

Have made the same experience - it's highly frustrating to import replicas to Europe for quite a while now and it has only gotten worse the past few months.

Can confirm, that FedEx has stopped shipping Airsoft- or Modelguns, not just FedEx Japan, but also FedEx Hongkong.

End of 2021 a friend and I had two packages shipped to Austria, one from Japan, one from Hongkong, both with EMS, both contained Airsoftguns. These are entirely legal in Austria, it's one of the few countries that have an actual "Softair-law", regulating that it's legal for people over 18 years old.
Both packages still were declined by austrian customs and shipped back (the Hongkong package after a painful oddyssey through several different postal and customs stations, that took a total of 4 months (!!!), at one point it was on the brink of getting destroyed without asking us).

The Japan-package is still with Shazhib, as he can't ship it out again right now, due to the no-fly-zone over Russia.

A buddy of mine had a package with airsoftguns inside shipped from Japan to Austria via searoute (!). Took several months. Arrived in Austria, was declined by customs and shipped back, took several months for it to return.

Last week, I shipped a package from Germany to Sweden and we're pretty sure, it has been checked on by customs - one of the guns was not in the same condition I had packed it up.
It was shipped inside the EU, so no idea, why on earth they checked it.

I find all this not just annoying, but also a very worrysome development... No

MadMike likes this post

Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

PostSubject: Re: yahoo Japan Auctions no longer available in Europe   yahoo Japan Auctions no longer available in Europe Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2022 8:09 am

Thank you for telling us your experiences. This seems to be a big problem now.

But if even Austrian custom authorities who used to be familiar with Airsoft started to cause trouble with Airsoft models back in 2021 (before the war in Ukraine had started) this is a really bad development ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: yahoo Japan Auctions no longer available in Europe   yahoo Japan Auctions no longer available in Europe Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

yahoo Japan Auctions no longer available in Europe
Page 1 of 1