MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dummy model guns

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2555
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Dummy model guns Empty
PostSubject: Dummy model guns   Dummy model guns Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 5:19 pm

*** Originally posted by badger6 ***

I remember back in the late '80s or early '90s that I purchased a non-firing, blued, fully metal replica govt. .45 from collectors armoury. I don't remember who made them, I believe marushin or MGC. I believe that they also offered a chrome model, along with the beretta and maybe a few others. They had solid brass dummy shells that went with them. Are these not made any more ??? Collectors armory advertised them in the back of many magizines and had a very extensive catalog of many different types of models. I think that they sold for $89-99 usd back then. From what I remember they were alot better than anything that I can find now. Until my little brother took it apart, and broke or lost all the parts many years ago. You would think that they sold a ton of those things, but I can't find any new or used anywhere. Does anyone remember or know what I am refering to ???
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Dummy model guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dummy model guns   Dummy model guns Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 5:19 pm

*** Originally posted by helfire ***

Hi Badger6,

Welcome to the forum!
i cant say i remember the collectors armory magazine, was it sold in the US or the UK?

However i do remember the dummy non firing replicas that was sold, but i dont know who made them,
i also remember a company called Sussex Armory who had lots of these items for sale

Cheers....Andy
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Dummy model guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dummy model guns   Dummy model guns Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 5:19 pm

Yea, collectors armory was in the US, I think in Virginia. They are still there, but gone are the many, many PFC replicas. They have some metal replicas like I remember, but the pictures look fuzzy and there is little description of the product. They are probably the same cheap ones I find everywhere else.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Dummy model guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dummy model guns   Dummy model guns Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 5:20 pm

*** Originally posted by kickback ***

Ahhh!,Sussex armoury,those were the days ,With regards to the metal replicas from what i can recall alot of the revolvers were made by Mgc,Hudson and a company called Western arms,as for the Auto's most were made by RMI (i think is replica model industries) and the SAA revolvers were also made by them.
These replicas are still available at collector shops and also appear on Ebay.com from time to time.
I wish i had kept all the ones i had bought back in the day!

Kickback
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Dummy model guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dummy model guns   Dummy model guns Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 5:20 pm

*** Originally posted by spencerman ***

Try this:

www.relics.org.uk

Not sure if these are what you are looking for, but many of the metal replicas have gone the way of the dinosaur, too many regulations imposed to stop people from magically turning them into real guns.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Dummy model guns Empty

*** Originally posted by mark ***

Hi badger6,

Welcome to the forums!

The collectors armory they sold alot of display only all zinc modelguns mostly from MGC (Model Gun Corporation) Hudson,CMC and various others. The modelguns where sold under the RMI (Replica Model Incorporation) label as MGC was a protected trademark outside of Japan.

The lack of these all metal modelguns being for sale in the U.S. is due to many factors: Japanese law, political correctness etc. The all zinc replicas that they currently have for sale are being made in Spain by Denix and they are truly horrible and lack many details.

When i visited the collectors armory's retail store in Alexandria Virginia in 1980, they had a wall display that had just about all of the modelguns types that had been produced at that time: MGC Sterlings, MP40's Hudson M1 Thompsons PPSH's,CMC carbines etc. What an awesome sight! Sadly though, i didn't have enough money at the time ($35) to buy anything other than either a MGC (RMI?) PPK or a MGC(RMI?) "peacemaker" .45 sadly, in a moment of weakness, i bought the "peacemaker".45 i have regretted it ever since Ah, the good old days....
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Dummy model guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dummy model guns   Dummy model guns Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 5:21 pm

Well, I remember in the description in the catalog is said that "the barrel was blocked and would shatter if tried to drill out and that all of the parts were a hairs breath off to prevent interchangability for real parts." If I remember correctly, it was blocked about 1 to 1 1/2 inches down in the muzzle. It also didn't have any trademarks, I think it said something like, M191A1 US GOVT MODEL 45 on the slide. The medallions on the grips were some funky logo, sort of like the marushin logo on their boxes now, if I remember correctly.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Dummy model guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dummy model guns   Dummy model guns Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 5:21 pm

Yes, these modelguns where produced by people that made these as safe as they could and the Japanese government watched them and their models closely to make sure that they where not convertable or dangerous..I still have two collectors armory catalogs from the 1980 and 1990-91 and they show all of the cool old modelguns in them too bad that i can't go back...
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Dummy model guns Empty

Yea, but you would think that there would be some on the used market somewhere. Hell, Ive been looking for a replacement for that old 45 for years on the net and nothing. I think that the metal display pistols were broken down into AXIS and ALLIED sections. The ALLIED section had a blued 45, a chrome 45, and the beretta. And I think that they all ran about $100, give or take a little. Since no one else makes em, looks like a wide open market. You would think that if they were not sold in japan and only exported and they made $$$, that they would keep building them. With exception of the lack of trademarks, they held their own with anything made today.

I remember that my dad told me that I could get it, only if I promised not to take it to school. Ha ha ha, I wasn't that stupid, Was I ???
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Dummy model guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dummy model guns   Dummy model guns Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 5:22 pm

I do see the used M1911A67 MGC made all zinc .45's on ebay from time to time so keep your eyes open and watch ebay's auctions they will show-up but, they usually go for over $100 or so...Japanese law prohibit the manufacture of all zinc (separate removeable barrel types) handgun modelgun's there are lot's of reasons why they are not made still so, it's sometimes hard to find them...
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Dummy model guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dummy model guns   Dummy model guns Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 5:22 pm

Well, thanks for the info mark. I'll keep my eye out when I get time. Maybe I should start making and selling them, ha ha ha. Probably make a little money.

Was surfing around and found these, the pictures don't look too bad. Check out Item #s AAC-333 and AAC-334 at http://www.1abcstore.com/section.phtml?sec_id=86. Looks like they also sell the dummy 45 ammo. Also, found this guy with pics of his old 45 at http://www.airsoftcanada.com/printthread.php?t=3903. That one looks almost exactly like the one I had, right down to the solid brass hollow point dummies.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Dummy model guns Empty

WOW, The .45's at the ABCstore do resemble the MGC originals! However, Denix has a bad habit of copying the older MGC's like the .45...So, it could be a terrible Denix copy in the box that you get. However, if these are NOS (New Old Stock) or very well made replicas of the MGC's then they are worth buying...
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Dummy model guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dummy model guns   Dummy model guns Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 5:23 pm

Hi Badger6,

Is this the sort of thing you are talking about?

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=45964

Helfire
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Dummy model guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dummy model guns   Dummy model guns Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 5:23 pm

Yea mark, thats what I was thinking too. But in the description of the denix models is says that the slide functions and the clip releases but the safetys do not work and the models cannot be dissasembled. At the ABC site it says that the safetys do work and that they can be dissasembled. If you yahoo search "Deluxe American GI M1911 .45 Automatic" and click on a link it will give you the exact same description word for word, but in the picture it shows a Kimar 911. I thought that Kimar made blank pistols.

I found a couple more at http://saveonshopping.com/guns/modern.html Item #01-300, looks like the same picture as the other site above. That Python under it also looks good, but its discontinued. I just wonder if the pictures are of the actual items.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Dummy model guns Empty

Hi badger6,

i've just purchased the full metal colt 45 commander in nickle, last produced in the 80s, mint still boxed,
i couldn't belive the detail in this replica! even the safety works on the rear of the grip like the original, and even the barrel comes out!
i'll post some photos.

Helfire

P.S i couldn't get your link to work so here it is without the extra .
http://saveonshopping.com/guns/modern.html
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Dummy model guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dummy model guns   Dummy model guns Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 5:24 pm

Is that the one from arniesairsoft ?? Yes, I looked at that one but I decided to pass. Was it in good shape ?? How much did you pay $USD ?? I'm in the process of trying to get some info on the ones at http://www.1abcstore.com/section.phtml?sec_id=86 Have you checked those out, the blued and nickel both look great for the price. I am trying to get something new. I'm just scared that the picture and the actual item are not the same. And there are no returns or refunds on the replicas, so I am skeptical of buying. I've learned in the past that you should know what you are getting for your money before buying.

BTW- sorry bout the link
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Dummy model guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dummy model guns   Dummy model guns Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 5:24 pm

Here are the pics, i'm a little confused though :? as its got a detonater pin in the barrrel (see pics) sorry there are quite a few.

Helfire :wink:

Dummy model guns STA60070

Dummy model guns STA60060

Dummy model guns STA60061

Dummy model guns STA60068

Dummy model guns STA60069

Dummy model guns STA60064

Dummy model guns STA60065

Dummy model guns STA60067

Dummy model guns STA60063

Dummy model guns STA60062
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Dummy model guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dummy model guns   Dummy model guns Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 5:25 pm

Yea, the non firing model I had in the late 80s/early 90s had a pin in the barrel also. Although I dont think that it was meant for a detonator pin. The dummy brass shells had a hole drilled in them. They almost looked like hollowpoints but the hole was a little bigger. I think that when you chambered the dummy shell, it came to rest against the pin instead of the back rim of the cartridge. I think that the pin just holds the shell in the right position.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Dummy model guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dummy model guns   Dummy model guns Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 5:25 pm

*** Originally posted by claymore ***

I remember these great replicas, i had the same 45 but it had been blued over the chrome (dont know how) and it looked great.
I also saw these on arnies, did you get the python as well i was very tempted to get that as the price was great but too many other things on order to warrent the cost.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Dummy model guns Empty

*** Originally posted by illuminati ***

Badger6, a lot of the replicas on those websites look like their made by Denix. If you ever see those, DO NOT buy them, they are extremely bad quality and you will most definatly be dissapointed
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Dummy model guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dummy model guns   Dummy model guns Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 5:26 pm

Yea thats what I was thinking illuminati. The only thing though is that I thought that the denix replicas had safeties that didn't work and they couldn't be disassembled. The ones at the ABC site listed above has working sateties and can be field stripped. Maybe if someone here has a Denix model, they could verify either way.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Dummy model guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dummy model guns   Dummy model guns Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 5:26 pm

Hi claymore,

Yes, i had both, but the revolver i think its a metal PFC 6" kokusai .357 magnum python, i'm not sure though as i've never had a metal PFC revolver, the carts unscrew for a cap, and it looks identical to the ones on modelguns.co.uk
dont think i'll keep them though as i'm more into SMG's and long arms.

Thanks...Andy
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Dummy model guns Empty

*** Originally posted by spencerman ***

With reference to the pin that is inside the barrel, it is there to prevent you from chambering a live round. As is mentioned above, the hole in the shells is bigger than that on a hollow point bullet, so you could not chamber one of those either. Just in case someone was thick enough to try and fire one through a solid barrel!
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Dummy model guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dummy model guns   Dummy model guns Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 5:27 pm

*** Originally posted by 2sharp ***

If anyone buys from the ABC store please fill us in with the details, the pic's look awesome.

helfire; great find, congrats
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Dummy model guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dummy model guns   Dummy model guns Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 5:27 pm

*** Originally posted by fendy ***

Hey Mark,
I visted the Collectors Armory in Virginia around the same time you did, I was stationed at the Pentagon in the military at the time. I ended up buying a ABS plastic Automag, I ended up taking it back because it had a problem with the sear mechanism and fired like a full auto. I also felt guilty for spending so much money on a fake gun, and just got my money back. Wish I would have kept it, I ended up spending alot more on a metal Clint 1. however, there is just no comparison between the plastic and the metal version. I visited that store quite a bit, bought a cheaper peacemaker, winchester rifle, and a deringer for a wall display. Bought various swords and daggers too. It was a store that was dangerous to enter with money in your pocket, because it normally wasn't there when you left.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dummy model guns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dummy model guns   Dummy model guns Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dummy model guns
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next