MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Modelguns Future in Britain (Politics)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Modelguns Future in Britain (Politics) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modelguns Future in Britain (Politics)   Modelguns Future in Britain (Politics) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 10:55 am

Exactly Spence' I collect steel helmets and all sorts of WW2 gear too that she rolls her eyes about wondering what sort of world I live in!
But she knows that I enjoy them and I certainly can't use my model or Air**ft guns without her help so she does!

I used to go fishing, at night, on deserted beaches in howling gales. She thought I'd lost the plot, I loved every minute of it.

Her point today wasthat even she could see the stupidity in siezing harmless replica guns "just in case they fell into wrong hands".

What's next then, sieze and ban every metal kitchen knife, scissors, letter opener, just in case they fall into wrong hands? Allow the public PLASTIC knives and scissors instead, issue licences to chefs so they, and only they, have metal ones?

I have,in the past, taken my BB pistols and SMGs into the back garden and plinked at targets. My 76 yr old mother is a cracking shot :0) but I dare not these days in case somebody strolls by and shits themselves and phones the Plod.
Indoors and out of sight from now on. The only other place to go is a proper Airs**ft skirmish site where I can take my pfc guns too.

I certainly won't be handing my models over voluntarily to anyone, I've done nothing illegal have I?

Cerwyn
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Modelguns Future in Britain (Politics)   Modelguns Future in Britain (Politics) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 10:55 am

Post by Phobus

I think I feel the same way as Spencerman . I too feel a bit outraged about how the GOVT can just take away my hobby , and make criminals out of people who were no such thing . and then they invite you to hand in your collection , and by so doing get a " ... the gentleman co operated with the Police fully in this matter and was happy to surrender these murderous READILY CONVERTIBLE weapons " Modelguns Future in Britain (Politics) - Page 4 Icon_wink

I have no club memberships or affiliations : indeed I quite enjoy the anonymity of my hobby . I used to love making a new online order to gunsnguys or uncompany and receiving my ( nice and heavy ) brown box in the mail . Not any more . I also shoot and collect airguns which have been relatively unaffected by the VCR so far . Did you know you can still buy and sell these openly online ? Thats right .

I also shoot in my garden which is approx, 15 yards backing onto an old unused railway embankment - perfect backstop except you do get dog walkers using it and so I have to be careful . My neighbours are elderly and know I have airguns / airsofts etc - and other loud things which sometimes go full - auto Modelguns Future in Britain (Politics) - Page 4 Icon_twisted My most recent acquisition is a RAM paintball M4 which I am now finally able to fire but am most reluctant to outdoors after reading Docs post .

I might have to wait for one of those rare occasions when I have the house to myself on an evening and I can have a shooting fest with my modelguns , airsofts , and paintball guns INDOORS !!! Plus a nice bottle of white wine and something Italian and quick to cook to make a perfect evening . Modelguns Future in Britain (Politics) - Page 4 Icon_lol

CARL.
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Modelguns Future in Britain (Politics)   Modelguns Future in Britain (Politics) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 10:56 am

Post by Spencerman

You shouldnt drink and plink. It is naughty. Have you finally fired your M4? What did you think, I bet that you love it!
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Modelguns Future in Britain (Politics)   Modelguns Future in Britain (Politics) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 10:57 am

Post by BRMoore

Phobus wrote:
RAM paintball M4
mmmm I've seen those:)
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Modelguns Future in Britain (Politics)   Modelguns Future in Britain (Politics) - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Modelguns Future in Britain (Politics)
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4