MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tanaka USP ***Originally posted by Claymore***

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Tanaka USP ***Originally posted by Claymore*** Empty
PostSubject: Tanaka USP ***Originally posted by Claymore***   Tanaka USP ***Originally posted by Claymore*** Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 10:55 am

Tanaka USP
***Originally posted by Claymore***

Thought i would finally risk taking a vid of my Tanaka USP, this is a model fraught with problems tricky rounds to load slides that break barrels that break bits of plastic around the slide stop that come off and of cours the trigger which is what happened this time. had to happen i suppose everthything was going great gun firing well no barrles breaking after a jam and then suddenly no trigger action, yes the trigger broke an a peice of plastic fell off by the slide stop.
Why are Tanakas such a problem, now this question has been asked before but anyone now if there is a stronger trigger that will fit this model an airsoft one maybe?

anyway thought i would upload the vid as it was firing well before the trigger went.

Tanaka USP ***Originally posted by Claymore*** Th_usp1

you can see at the end where the trigger gave up the ghost
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Tanaka USP ***Originally posted by Claymore***   Tanaka USP ***Originally posted by Claymore*** Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 4:05 pm

And it was all going so well!

Christ has it broken that many times? I'd be frightened to even try firing it mate but when its behaving well as the video shows it can, I can see why you fire it.

I don't know anything about the trigger mechanism on these guns but has the trigger itself broken or the pivot it moves on?

Could a metal trigger be machined I wonder or is it too small and intricate a shape?

Maybe a model engineer / builder could machine one or even cast one in resin if you could make a mould?

Cerwyn
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Tanaka USP ***Originally posted by Claymore***   Tanaka USP ***Originally posted by Claymore*** Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 4:06 pm

Posted by Claymore

yeah its the trigger not the mechanism. it has happened to someone else on the forum and they were asking the same question about new stronger triggers but i cannot find the thread or if they were successful. i have another usp that is bust so used for spares so i will take the trigger off that but i have no doubt that it will break again.
It has broken often when a round jans it can force the barrel up and break it (same for the colt 45) but the slide also can crack thgrough the pressure the barrel puts on it.
I will keep firing it and repairing it until it cant be repaired anymore, i wonder if the abs version has stronger parts?
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tanaka USP ***Originally posted by Claymore***   Tanaka USP ***Originally posted by Claymore*** Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tanaka USP ***Originally posted by Claymore***
Page 1 of 1