MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Price of RMI Colt .45 Pistol

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11076
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Price of RMI Colt .45 Pistol Empty
PostSubject: Price of RMI Colt .45 Pistol   Price of RMI Colt .45 Pistol Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 10:44 am

Post by weekf

I saw a ALL METAL made RMI modelgun on the gun show here in Australia today. It is selling at US$350.00 is it worth to buy? Man it felt soooo good in the hand with all its weight.

I am pretty sure it is a RMI because it has got a grip with RMI mark on it. And it has got a "JAPAN" marked just under the ejection port. I can't see clearly the marking but can see it is a US Army type printing. The seller told me he picked this up sometimes in the 1980s and have been keeping it for a loooooong looooooooooong time. All the workings are in great condition and no major damage or scratches. Do you guys think it worth that much? If it is worth it I will sure go back to buy it tomorrow.

I think it must be produced somewhere back in the 50s or 60s may be? Not sure.

Francky? What do you think? Does it cost that much?

Help you can help me decide here. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Price of RMI Colt .45 Pistol   Price of RMI Colt .45 Pistol Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 10:44 am

Post by MadMike

I´d say it is definitely worth 350 USD as those do not show up often. And the built quality is really good as far as I read on the net. I have not yet handled one personally.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Price of RMI Colt .45 Pistol   Price of RMI Colt .45 Pistol Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 10:45 am

Post by Mark

Well, considering your location and your governments war on firearms and replicas, I would say get it if you like it! The chance to get them again is nil due to MGC cannot make them anymore and importing them into Australia is going to be a big problem for anyone that tries.

Now, the MGC made, all zinc .45 isn't going to be much more than a display only unit. So, you might keep that in mind before spending your hard earned money on it..

MGC MP40 Marushin MP40 Nakata MP40 TRC MP40

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Price of RMI Colt .45 Pistol   Price of RMI Colt .45 Pistol Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 10:47 am

Post by MadMike

I have to admit that I may know too little about those RMI modelguns. Price of RMI Colt .45 Pistol Icon_redface They are very rare here in Germany, so they are considered to be precious here. Maybe it is not so hard to get them in other countries?

But as Mark said: Bear in mind that it is very hard to find any modelgun in Australia, so if you like it and if you can afford it, I would say: buy it Price of RMI Colt .45 Pistol Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Price of RMI Colt .45 Pistol   Price of RMI Colt .45 Pistol Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 10:47 am

Post by Mark

I am sure that in Australia any modelgun is going to be expensive and fairly rare today. I am sure that in the past when firearms where respected in Australia and fairly commonplace, like here in the U.S. I am sure that modelguns where looked oppon as toys or training pieces etc. As such, I doubt that they where really ever popular and they where rarely imported compared to the rest of the world.

I am suprised the RMC logos where used outside of the U.S. as I thought that the RMC logo was ment for the U.S. market only due to copyright issues on the MGC name. So, I guess that I am confused on the RMC logo issue (Replica Models Corporation) still eventhough Shazib had some excellent information on the subject that he shared with us..

MGC MP40 Marushin MP40 Nakata MP40 TRC MP40

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Price of RMI Colt .45 Pistol   Price of RMI Colt .45 Pistol Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 10:49 am

Post by badger6

I bought the exact same .45 in the above picture back in 1986 or 1987. If I remember correctly it was either $89 or $99 plus S&H from the collectors armory in virginia. Guess I should have stocked up on them back then, hehehe.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Price of RMI Colt .45 Pistol   Price of RMI Colt .45 Pistol Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 10:50 am

Post by Ariser

Hi guys,good to see the discussion continues.I finally got the low down on my 1911 from a well respected modelgun member from Japan.(To whom I am very grateful).It sounds the same as the Aussie one, Japan marked under ejector.Turns out they are old,very rare and worth $300 to $500.Have a gooday mate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Price of RMI Colt .45 Pistol   Price of RMI Colt .45 Pistol Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Price of RMI Colt .45 Pistol
Page 1 of 1