MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MGC Berreta M12S... Opinions Please?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

MGC Berreta M12S... Opinions Please? Empty
PostSubject: MGC Berreta M12S... Opinions Please?   MGC Berreta M12S... Opinions Please? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 4:20 pm

Post by Phobus

Hello everyone ,

Recently acquired one of these M 12s in good condition but no carts . I really like the model but know very little about it - which I suppose was part of the appeal really .

The gun is very plasticcy but snicks and clicks convincingly and looks great . It feels nice in the shoulder too - a bit like an MP5 does . The design feels comfortable and pointable on aim .

I did a search but did not find much in the way of specific info, about this gun so I wonder if anyone has any idea as regards shootability ? Can I get a burst of reliable MGC Berreta M12S... Opinions Please? Icon_redface automatic fire from this gun ? I have ordered some rounds / caps from Francky .

Thanks for any response guys .

Regards Carl. MGC Berreta M12S... Opinions Please? Icon_wink
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC Berreta M12S... Opinions Please?   MGC Berreta M12S... Opinions Please? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 4:20 pm

Post by Claymore

The m12 rounds use a spent cap as the seal so you need to lube the cap and change it after every shot as they have a tendency to split very easy and when the do the gun fails to fire or jams.
Also get a hole punch and use that to put a hole in the cap as it is a cleaner way of doing it and keeps the seal better. You can put mgc inners in which obviously help, though i only tried a few rounds and sometimes the det pin can be too short when you change to these and the det pin cannot be removed.

This is one of those models that works great and then does not, burst fire is not the best in my experiance but i have had fun by just pulling the trigger and letting rip. It comes down to the seal in the cap so inspect them well before using and as i say change the cap every round or try the mgc inners.

Of course with everything there is a down side, this is a fragile model, as you will see on yours, the feed ramp is very thin and prone to crack and break, the receiver round the ejection port can crack when the gun jams and also the plastic clip on the buttstock which keeps the butt plate locked breaks very easy and i mean very easy.
MGC inners will give the rounds more power but will stress the gun more so it could break the gun quicker.

Again the best way for consistant fire is making sure the caps are in good condition lubed and changed every shot and use the hole punch.

Hope that helps ask away if you need more info
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC Berreta M12S... Opinions Please?   MGC Berreta M12S... Opinions Please? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 4:21 pm

Post by Mark

Ahh,

This is quite the fun modelgun that although it is mostly ABS but, it was a good strong design. There are some bad points in it's design that make it a gun that you don't want to shoot allot due to possible breakage issues primarily the barrels feed ramp and the detonator. The feed ramp is ABS and it isn't supported well on the bottom and the detonator is unfortunately made of zinc alloy that deforms over time. The barrel's feed ramp can be re-enforced with glue and ABS but, it's the detonator that is the main problem as it's designed to be rivited in place after the barrel is glued together. This creates the most problems with the design if you shoot it allot but, if you use the right cartridges and the good pistons (CP HW) then it will shoot for along time.

A funny story that happened to me (and a story of why all guns are to be considered to be loaded) I had picked up one of my M12's that had been sitting on my shelf for some time. I noted that it was cocked and the magazine was in place but instead of pulling the magazine, I pulled the trigger! Out of the gun shot 10 rounds with a nice BUUUUUUURP! sound!

The MGC Beretta M12's that I have both fire excellently both semi and full auto. But, the cartridges have to be equipped with the late O-ring pistons (CP HW) not the original (CP) pistons that the M12 cartridges have stock as they are not efficient enough to seal properly.

The actual Beretta M12S is still in service in many police departments in Italy and it is a very highly reguarded submachine gun. It looks kind of "funky" to me though it feels good and has good ergonomics as the selector is properly placed and other great aspects.

MGC MP40 Marushin MP40 Nakata MP40 TRC MP40

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC Berreta M12S... Opinions Please?   MGC Berreta M12S... Opinions Please? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 4:21 pm

Post by Phobus

Thanks Mark and Claymore .

I got this off Gunmart with another modelgun after losing my internet connection for the last few months - I thought they may be my last due to VCR but I still have time for a few more purchases MGC Berreta M12S... Opinions Please? Icon_twisted .

It was only 100 UK with a few 9 mm inert rds which sit in the mag nicely but will not chamber ( of course ) I hope I have not damaged anything by letting the bolt slam these into the Breech area MGC Berreta M12S... Opinions Please? Icon_sad DOH ! only once or twice ...

I agree about the ergonomics - just feels right in the shoulder - I can,t wait to shoot it and see the rate of fire and to see it cycle . I,m tempted to take a power drill to the barrel blockage at the muzzle but worry about how far in it goes ?

Why do they bother ? What kind of projectile is going to come out of a plastic barrel ?? MGC Berreta M12S... Opinions Please? Icon_confused

Regards Carl.
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC Berreta M12S... Opinions Please?   MGC Berreta M12S... Opinions Please? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 4:22 pm

Post by Claymore

the det pin on this is long as goes all the way through the barrel so dont start drilling as that is what you will hit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MGC Berreta M12S... Opinions Please?   MGC Berreta M12S... Opinions Please? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MGC Berreta M12S... Opinions Please?
Page 1 of 1