MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Modelgun Kit by LS, year of manufacture? - new question?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11076
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Modelgun Kit by LS, year of manufacture? - new question? Empty
PostSubject: Modelgun Kit by LS, year of manufacture? - new question?   Modelgun Kit by LS, year of manufacture? - new question? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 9:58 am

Post by 2sharp

I was happy to win an LS model gun kit on a Swedish "eBay-type" site.

I built quite a lot of the LS and Marui kit models as a kid, seems quite long ago Modelgun Kit by LS, year of manufacture? - new question? Icon_eek

The model i got is the Nambu Mod. 14, not one of my fav models but it'll be great to remember the excitement of building a kit model gun again, after all they got me started on the whole model gun thing Modelgun Kit by LS, year of manufacture? - new question? Icon_smile

Is there anyway of "decoding" the year of manufacture for this kit?
The product sheet that was in the box didn't have the AKM as a model, so it seems that it is quite old.

I'm mainly curious and quite happy about the kit so it isn't really important, but as we all know it is always nice to know more about one's model guns Modelgun Kit by LS, year of manufacture? - new question? Icon_smile

The holy quest for modelgun information and knowledge will never-ever end!!

Last edited by 2Sharp on Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Modelgun Kit by LS, year of manufacture? - new question?   Modelgun Kit by LS, year of manufacture? - new question? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 9:59 am

Post by Mark

Hmmm...I have a few of the LS modelguns (mostly just the boxes remain) I guess that I never took the time to look to see what their approximate production dates where. I would think that most of the LS kits where produced during the 1970's~1987 or so. I bought my Luger kit in 1980? and the others in 1982~3. The "Government" and my "Commander" .45's where some what out of proportion design wise and looked odd to me so, I would guess that they where either made during the early 1970's or the design never changed up to the time that LS folded. It's nice that the LS kits can still be found!

If I have to guess, I would say that your Nambu was made in 1985 or so as my earlier Luger box doesn't have the Nambu's picture on the side. Nor do my other LS boxes.

MGC MP40 Marushin MP40 Nakata MP40 TRC MP40

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms

Last edited by mark on Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Modelgun Kit by LS, year of manufacture? - new question?   Modelgun Kit by LS, year of manufacture? - new question? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 11:43 am

Post by Claymore

I had a load of LS kits, i loved them and i wish i could still get them for nostalgia sake, all mine would of been bought around the 1974 to 78 region, none remain as they were never the strongest but gave me loads of fun.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Modelgun Kit by LS, year of manufacture? - new question?   Modelgun Kit by LS, year of manufacture? - new question? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 11:43 am

Post by richard jones

All my "guns" in the late 80s were all plastic/abs LS kits.
For years i kept all the boxes etc but sure i scrapped them by now.May still have the assembly instructions somewhere.

Bought them all mail order from a place in Devon from what i can remember
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Modelgun Kit by LS, year of manufacture? - new question?   Modelgun Kit by LS, year of manufacture? - new question? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 11:44 am

Post by 2Sharp

Nice to see that i wasn't alone on assembling LS kits Modelgun Kit by LS, year of manufacture? - new question? Icon_smile

They never struck me as being perfectly accurate, as noted, but i agree with Claymore that they provide quite a lot of nostalgia.

I might be able to find a few more, there's a shop pretty close that used t have a few some years ago. I'll hopefully be able to check later this week.

Thanks for the idea on manufacturing date Mark, much appreciated!

Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Modelgun Kit by LS, year of manufacture? - new question?   Modelgun Kit by LS, year of manufacture? - new question? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 11:45 am

Post by Mark

My remaining LS modelgun boxes (some still have the modelguns in them)

Modelgun Kit by LS, year of manufacture? - new question? LS7

Modelgun Kit by LS, year of manufacture? - new question? LS6

Modelgun Kit by LS, year of manufacture? - new question? LS5

Modelgun Kit by LS, year of manufacture? - new question? LS4

Modelgun Kit by LS, year of manufacture? - new question? LS3

Modelgun Kit by LS, year of manufacture? - new question? LS2

Modelgun Kit by LS, year of manufacture? - new question? LS1

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Modelgun Kit by LS, year of manufacture? - new question?   Modelgun Kit by LS, year of manufacture? - new question? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 11:45 am

Post by shazhib

Guys,

Here is some photo of LS and Crown toy guns photo (6th banner, green).
Also, you will find some interesting firing vids as well.

http://www.fvpd-guns.com/

Claymore,

It maybe a good idea to post your full auto vid (with kickback) to this sight (maybe the one you fire blank fire version of HK) let them know:
"you are not alone".

They may be thrilled to know somebody outside Japan taking such an interesting vid.

cheers,
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Modelgun Kit by LS, year of manufacture? - new question?   Modelgun Kit by LS, year of manufacture? - new question? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 11:46 am

Post by MadMike

I have seen an ARII ABS M203 grenade launcher kit as well as a plastic ARII U.S. bayonet, I guess they are still available.
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Modelgun Kit by LS, year of manufacture? - new question?   Modelgun Kit by LS, year of manufacture? - new question? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 11:48 am

Post by 2Sharp

Oh well, happened to be able to visit earlier mentioned gun store, they had LS Colt SAA in stock.

Not my gun so i let it be.

Had a friend with me and he bought a Luger (P08 artillery) kit, made by Academy/Minicraft, which got me curíous, seems very similar to LS, even the cardboard where the frame and barrel assembly is shown when you lift the lid of the box is VERY similar to my LS Nambu kit. Even has the same models pictured [in parts] on the surface.

So, what can you tell me about Academy?

Seems to be made in Korea (Academy Model CO., LTD. Seoul Korea) Minicraft refers to an adress in the US.
(Minicraft Models, Inc.
1510W. 228th st.
Torrance, Calif. 90501 From the assembly instructions)

Anyone has any idea?? Modelgun Kit by LS, year of manufacture? - new question? Icon_smile

We had a great time assembling them, it didn't get easier from sharing some wine Modelgun Kit by LS, year of manufacture? - new question? Icon_biggrin

Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Modelgun Kit by LS, year of manufacture? - new question?   Modelgun Kit by LS, year of manufacture? - new question? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 11:49 am

Post by HIGUsan

I have heard Academy model co posses molds of LS AK and some other models molds.
I donft know some other models means what models in detail.

My old LS P08.
Modelgun Kit by LS, year of manufacture? - new question? IMG_0167

SunHill999 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Modelgun Kit by LS, year of manufacture? - new question?   Modelgun Kit by LS, year of manufacture? - new question? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 11:49 am

Post by Phil_D

There are some for sale on the MilWeb site...

Mauser Broomhandle with stock £50
S&W hunting model 44 Magnum 12inch £45
Artillery Luger with display stand £30
Walther p38 by Matz (no instructions) £25

Not my cup of tea as they are too expensive but someone may be interested..
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Modelgun Kit by LS, year of manufacture? - new question?   Modelgun Kit by LS, year of manufacture? - new question? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 11:50 am

Post by figaro

Loved the LS kits, came with a tiny little glue container.
The versions I remember had great full color battlefield type photos on the box. More modern than the ones above.
The pistols had full color photo real paintings, but again they were more action packed than those pictured.
I probably saw a later incantation.
Had the M203 which if i remember had a strange spring type device in the shell to launch the plastic grenade, really didn't work very well.
But looked good mounted under an 8mm blank firer, except that the exhaust pointed staright down onto the plastic barrel.
AR15 and CAR15 were cool, if delicate when assembled.
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Modelgun Kit by LS, year of manufacture? - new question?   Modelgun Kit by LS, year of manufacture? - new question? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 11:51 am

Post by Mark

The tiny ABS glue tube was cool wasn't it? The LS kits where hard to find and I was lucky to have obtained them when I did. The oldest, the Luger, was bought at a local army surplus store: "The White Elephant" at the time it was just a converted house that was full of old toys, model kits etc. They had a small collection of models (mostly cars) that I looked through from time to time looking for any military models. One day I looked and saw much to my delight a Luger model!! I, of course, had to have it! So, I bought it and hurried home with it only to assemble it sloppily Modelgun Kit by LS, year of manufacture? - new question? Icon_lol But none the less, I still had a Luger to play with! After finding the Luger I kept returning to see if they had any more LS modelguns for me to assemble badly! The next gun that I bought there was the M1911A1 "Government model" although I tried to take a little more care on this model I still rushed it's assembly and it ended up not much better than the Luger. I really don't remember where I obtained the other LS kits but I still have their boxes (and some small parts and two or three guns) Years later, I did find two LS kits ( a "Peacemaker" and I can't remember the other) at the military museums store at Fort Ord (in California) But, I didn't buy them...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Modelgun Kit by LS, year of manufacture? - new question?   Modelgun Kit by LS, year of manufacture? - new question? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Modelgun Kit by LS, year of manufacture? - new question?
Page 1 of 1