MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Modelgun Legality Question

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Shado4

Number of posts : 10
Location / Country : United Kingdom
Registration date : 2009-10-25

Modelgun Legality Question Empty
PostSubject: Modelgun Legality Question   Modelgun Legality Question Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 11:50 am

Hi Everyone - I'm new to the Forum and would like to ask a question surrounding the legality of currently owning Modelguns.

I started to collect several Modelguns about 8 or 9 years ago when they were clearly legal to purchase and own but I am now unsure as to where I stand. I currently own five MP40's (three MGC 68's and two Marushin ABS kits), two MGC Thompson's (the Military & Chicago versions), two MGC Sterlings, an MGC Bondshop P08 Luger, an MGC Bondshop Mac 11 and a Marushin Metal Uzi.

Am I looking at 20 years prison time or am I still OK to own these fantastic items with all their intricate engineering?

Many Thanks - Shado4
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11076
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Modelgun Legality Question   Modelgun Legality Question Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 12:37 pm

Hi Shado,

Don't worry, you're perfectly entitled to own your collection. And an impressive collection it is too Modelgun Legality Question Icon_exclaim Modelgun Legality Question Icon_wink
Currently owned collections are unaffected by the VCRA. You may continue to buy Spare Parts (like the Bolt you're after) and accessories such as cartridges and caps without any problem.

Buying, Selling and Manufacturing replicas is what the VCRA put restrictions on. If you're not a Re-enactor, Airsoft Skirmisher etc,etc, you CANNOT legally buy any Realistic Imitation Firearm
You can SELL one, but only to a Re-enactor, Airsoft Skirmisher etc, etc.

I hope this puts you're mind at rest Modelgun Legality Question Icon_wink

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Shado4

PostSubject: Modelgun Legality Question   Modelgun Legality Question Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 1:12 pm

Many Thanks Cerwyn - Your information has certainly put my mind at ease. It is a great pity that I will not be able to add to my collection in the future as I cannot forsee myself becoming a re-enactor or skirmisher but I will certainly treasure what I currently have.

Best Regards - Shado4
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Modelgun Legality Question   Modelgun Legality Question Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 1:20 pm

It's a pleasure Shado,

Your collection is certainly a good one and well worth treasuring.

I hope you'll enjoy participating with us here on the forum, we're a friendly bunch, always willing to help if we can Modelgun Legality Question Icon_biggrin

Back to top Go down
2Sharp
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

Number of posts : 229
Location / Country : The Swedish Kingdom
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Modelgun Legality Question   Modelgun Legality Question Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 11:35 am

...and now we'd like to see some pics of your collection!

Smile
Back to top Go down
Shado4

PostSubject: Modelgun Legality Question   Modelgun Legality Question Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 10:04 pm

I'll see if I can take some pics this weekend - is it fairly straightforward to upload them onto the site?
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2555
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Modelgun Legality Question   Modelgun Legality Question Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 8:01 am

Hi shado,

From the FAQs
Quote :
Images can indeed be shown in your posts. However, there is no facility at present for uploading images directly to this board. Therefore you must link to an image stored on a publicly accessible web server, e.g. http://www.some-unknown-place.net/my-picture.gif. You cannot link to pictures stored on your own PC (unless it is a publicly accessible server) nor to images stored behind authentication mechanisms such as Hotmail or Yahoo mailboxes, password-protected sites, etc. To display the image use either the BBCode [img] tag or appropriate HTML (if allowed).

I use photobucket to upload my photos/vids and the copy a link into this site but i think other imaging sites will also work

8ace
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Modelgun Legality Question   Modelgun Legality Question Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 9:38 am

Photobucket is my choice too, dead easy to use. As long as you keep the photos in your Photobucket Album they'll be accessible to forum users when you provide the link.
Once you delete your album, the forum loses the photo

Here's some more useful info...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Modelgun Legality Question   Modelgun Legality Question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Modelgun Legality Question
Page 1 of 1