MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Japanese action show "Wild 7"

Go down 
AuthorMessage
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Japanese action show "Wild 7" Empty
PostSubject: Japanese action show "Wild 7"   Japanese action show "Wild 7" Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 3:54 pm

*** Originally posted by mark ***

I ran across this site http://wild7world.hp.infoseek.co.jp/weapon/gun1.htm that shows the MGC's that they used in the show. I would like to find either the DVD or VHS copies of this show if they are around. This site shows alot of the really cool MGC modelguns firing like the Thompson,Sten etc. These are great pictures and while the text is in Japanese, the site can be translated by altavista. The pictures as well as the show are of course, from the 1960's to the early? 1970's so they are cool looking for the guy's that like that time period
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Japanese action show "Wild 7"   Japanese action show "Wild 7" Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 3:55 pm

*** Originally posted by interceptor ***

heh, thanks for these pics ^^ (if you know the name of the show, as I can't read much Japanese , you may try lookin' out on ebay, or something
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Japanese action show "Wild 7"   Japanese action show "Wild 7" Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 3:55 pm

*** Originally posted by francky1958 ***

hi mark,

i have some copies of them of DVD, but i'm not sure that you can see on your DVD player.
i'm sure that you gonna surprise and jumping around the tv, they are not using 7mm caps off course, but paper caps. their modelguns are well maintained to shoot something like they using cp cartridges. i'm wonder how they did load the cartridges !! thompson, sten, mp40, sw44automatic,etc..
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

*** Originally posted by interceptor ***

paper caps ? How do these things work ?
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Japanese action show "Wild 7"   Japanese action show "Wild 7" Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 3:56 pm

francky1958 wrote:
hi mark,

i have some copies of them of DVD, but i'm not sure that you can see on your DVD player.
i'm sure that you gonna surprise and jumping around the tv, they are not using 7mm caps of course, but paper caps. their modelguns are well maintained to shoot something like they using cp cartridges. i'm wonder how they did load the cartridges !! thompson, sten, mp40, sw44automatic,etc..

That's cool that you have them Francky! Yes, unfortunately, your DVD's won't play on my DVD player...Too bad...I will have to find them somewhere else I guess. I thought that they where using paper caps but I wasn't sure when they made the shows originally. Yes, I too would like to know how they loaded their cartridges/maintained the guns so they would work right.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Japanese action show "Wild 7"   Japanese action show "Wild 7" Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 3:56 pm

INTERCEPTOR wrote:
paper caps ? How do these things work ? Surprised

The paper caps are like the old rolled paper capgun caps. Except that they are printed on nitrate paper with perforated edges to allow them to pulled off easily.

Japanese action show "Wild 7" Misc123008

I have pictured the caps, the cap box and two original MGC MP40 paper cap cartridges (loaded with 5 caps each) these cartridges are made out of solid brass with no other moving parts.

The caps are ment to be cut out of the sheet and 4 of them stacked in the cartridge. With a final individual cap square placed in the cartridge mouth to seal in the other caps.

The detonators where much larger than a CP or a PFC detonator and they where ment to fit the cartridge's insides tightly to form a good gas seal. These detonators have a small cavity in their nose to trap gasses as well.

The paper caps can be a pain to load and they get dirty fast.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Japanese action show "Wild 7"   Japanese action show "Wild 7" Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 3:57 pm

*** Originally posted by ldr ***

Are the DVDs not region free? If so they should work in any DVD player. If not it would be possible to backup these DVDs and remove the region, or even add a region, say region 1 for the US.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Japanese action show "Wild 7"   Japanese action show "Wild 7" Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 3:57 pm

*** Originally posted by francky1958 ***

hi LDR,

i've heard about that stuff, i don't know that these are region free DVD, i hope but maybe not.
Can you remove or add region on the DVD? or do you know how to?
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Japanese action show "Wild 7"   Japanese action show "Wild 7" Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 3:58 pm

*** Originally posted by claymore ***

mark i thought Japanese dvd's were region 1 same as the states so it would play on your player no problem. I think most people over here buy multi region players most stores give the choice and they only cost a little more.
As to changing the region, i will have to have a look i have software that allows you to choose which region the disc is but not sure if it allows you to copy into that region.
you say you have this disc Francky, i will have to see if any of my software willlet me copy into regions, if so i will give it a go.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Japanese action show "Wild 7"   Japanese action show "Wild 7" Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 3:58 pm

*** Originally posted by ldr ***

Most DVD backup software will allow the removal of the region code. So will make it region free, however this will not necessarily work on a player that is looking for a specific region. There is software that will allow you to say what region you want it to be when backing up.
Its quite easy to do, and i am happy to help if you need them backing up.

Lewis
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

*** Originally posted by higusan ***

Hi guys,
I write about paper cap.
MGC's old open detonator blowback metal model guns and old revolvers are designed
for use big size paper cap originally .
The big paper cap diameter is about 7 mm, height 1 mm. It is for use race start signal gun.
Its name is "Sutatoyou shiraikan". It means paper cap for starting. We called it "Sutakan".
We called usual paper cap for toys "Hiradama", It means flat paper cap. Mark shows photo.
I think Sutakan's powder quantity is about 7 or 10 times larger than Hiradama,
It was used usual modelgun on Wild7.
And they should have used "Stakan", because makes lord cartridges easily.

Wild7 is serial comic originally. It is very exciting comic. I love it.
But TV Wild7 is not so good. It was made for children.
Don't expect too much of the story.
Watch only modelgun firing.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Thanks for the information on the papercaps as well as the show "Wild 7" HIGUsan, it was very informative. The paper caps that I have where ordered by a friend in Japan who was nice enough to find them for me.

I was unaware that there are other paper cap brands in existance today. I would not think that there where any paper caps on the market in Japan as paper cap firing modelguns have not been produced sine the early 1980's (I think)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Japanese action show "Wild 7"   Japanese action show "Wild 7" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Japanese action show "Wild 7"
Page 1 of 1