MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

vp70 full set mint condition

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

vp70 full set mint condition Empty
PostSubject: vp70 full set mint condition   vp70 full set mint condition Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:09 pm

*** Originally posted by gavin ***

look down the page they a vp70 full set

http://www.modelguncollector.co.uk/index_slp.html
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: vp70 full set mint condition   vp70 full set mint condition Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:09 pm

*** Originally posted by mark ***

These are very rare sets and they where very hard to get even when they where first introduced as the stocks where an accessory. Also, the production the stocks was fairly limited and the story goes that only some dealers would get the stocks if they sold a pre determined amount of MGC modelguns..Anyway, the VP70 full sets are rarely seen today...
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: vp70 full set mint condition   vp70 full set mint condition Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:09 pm

its been on there for at least a month that i know im supprised someone has not taken it yet a t such a good price and such a rare item
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Well, that is another reason that the VP70 full set is rare...They where expensive to begin with. Also, they had a terrible trigger pull! Every shot was double action and long/tough. The Stock adds to the model though as it fires 3 shot bursts with the stock attached. In fact, if I finally buy a VP70 I will definately want the stock assy to go with it.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: vp70 full set mint condition   vp70 full set mint condition Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:10 pm

it looks to me like they where built on the old principal of add a stock turn it in to a carbin add auto fre and use it as a holster when not in use i persanaly think its ugly ugly triger no hammer plastic frame its an intreesting gun though as it was the first polimer framed pistol i had heard about the trigger i wonder if the model gun is any better
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: vp70 full set mint condition   vp70 full set mint condition Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:10 pm

They used to sell the semi auto only, VP70Z here in the early 1980's (they can still be found at gun shows today) these do have some long and hard trigger pulls too. The modelgun version is no better but, they still interest me ugly or not. I don't have one as yet due to the cost of the full set but, I will eventually get one.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

its probably worth getting just for the history when you mean semi only you mean real guns right
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Yes, I ment real VP70z's. They usually sell for $500-800 dollars now at the gun shows. (not deacts either Sorry! ) Yes, the MGC VP70's are worth getting as they are replicas of a rare gun and they can be fun to shoot too.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: vp70 full set mint condition   vp70 full set mint condition Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:11 pm

i did not think you ment deacs i just thought in america you could have got ones that went auto i knew of the semis though asthey where wide spread in europe proably because they thought it was the newest and best in tecnolagy
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: vp70 full set mint condition   vp70 full set mint condition Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:11 pm

Although, we are getting away from topic on this..The VP70 really wasn't a great seller unfortuantely for HK. Due mostly to their heavy trigger pull and their ahead of their time, "space gun" look. Due to the weird American gun laws the select fire VP70 was not available to the general public but the semi-auto only shoulder-stock-less VP70Z was. They where cool guns and HK deserved a better reception for a cool gun like that. But, they didn't sell very many. The same goes for the MGC version. Too bad...
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

could you stick a stock on the semi only ones have you ever tried one
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Nope. The VP70Z was engineered by HK specifically for the civillan market and it didn't have the special internal full auto parts as well as the slots that the stock required to fit to the pistol. Besides, the stock itself is a controlled part.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: vp70 full set mint condition   vp70 full set mint condition Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:12 pm

i thought that the stock just psed somthing in side as i heard some peopleused to stick paper clips in the back to make it auto
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: vp70 full set mint condition   vp70 full set mint condition Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:12 pm

John, the VP70 cartridges are of course the open style and they don't look all that great anyway so, the fact that you don't have the cartridges shouldn't matter as they don't look real enough to display with the VP. Not only that, they are far smaller than the real 9mm cartridges.

The simulated extractor is due to the "side fire" system that the early modelguns employed. Yes, the front sight is a interesting unit as it is shaped like a "U" with the open end facing the shooter. The trigger pull is long and uncomfortable that helped to make the VP70Z quite unpopular with most shooters that tried it.

I have wondered if the KSC stock will fit the MGC VP70, it should..The KSC VP70/stock is cheap enough to experiment with..

Modelgun collections don't need to have 100's of models in it. It just depends on the available space that you have for them as well as the size of your bank account
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

*** Originally posted by allenb ***

It would be great if the airsoft stock fitted. I have long wondered if it did.

Buying a modelgun VP70 without a stock is so much cheaper - and the airsoft stocks aren't too expensive - so it would be a cheap way of getting a full set.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: vp70 full set mint condition   vp70 full set mint condition Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:13 pm

Yes, it would definately be a good way to get the full set as the original stocks are expensive and rare...If the stock did work then they where perhaps ment to do so...
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: vp70 full set mint condition   vp70 full set mint condition Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:13 pm

*** Originally posted by spencerman ***

I do not know the ins and outs of the stocks for this gun, but I do know that it was not available in the UK as a real unit because the stock contained the mechanism for the pistol to fire burst, which is illegal here. I was always intreagued as to what that was exactly, but would imagine that it is different from model gun to airsoft as modelgun follows the function of the gun much more closely, whereas airsoft follows the look.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

The stocks contain merely part of the select fire mech. The VP70 has the rest of the parts as well as the slots/holes for the attachment/burst fire parts. The VP70Z didn't have any slots/holes for the stock to attach to. These VP70Z's where sold to the civilian market in many countries. These pistols are not easy to convert to full auto fire as the parts that are necessary for this function are missing from the basic VP70Z.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

*** Originally posted by higusan ***

Hi guys,
VP70 airsoft is product of "TANIO-KOBA", not KSC. TANIO-KOBA is Mr.Tazo Kobayashi's company.
He had worked for MGC long time and designed a lots of modelguns. He designed both VP70 airsoft and modelgun.
Mr. Kobayashi says he will make VP70 modelgun again if airsoft VP70 sold more than 10,000 pieces.
I think more than 10,000 is difficult. Buy VP70 airsoft more and more.
http://www.taniokoba.co.jp/prekoba_enter.html
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: vp70 full set mint condition   vp70 full set mint condition Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:14 pm

*** Originally posted by claymore ***

HIGUsan thanks for that info and for the link to the site i will be looking through that with great interest
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: vp70 full set mint condition   vp70 full set mint condition Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:14 pm

Thanks again HIGUsan!

I too made the "KSC" mistake...But, John made me do it

Mr. Kobayashi's site is cool and very interesting..I just wish that he was making modelguns again...
Back to top Go down
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

Number of posts : 616
Location / Country : Hollywood, California
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Koba's site.   vp70 full set mint condition Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 3:38 am

I visited the site, what is the koba/gm-7?
http://www.taniokoba.co.jp/koba_enter.html
It looks like it is a plastic cartridge pistol.
Anyone read japanese or follow airsoft?

Cheers,

JJ
Back to top Go down
DOC
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
DOC

Number of posts : 234
Location / Country : Not so Great Britain

PostSubject: Re: vp70 full set mint condition   vp70 full set mint condition Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 10:15 am

Yes Jessie

Shazib mentioned it here, a new pistol but to use an old design of plastic cartridge

https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/modelgun-news-f3/tanio-koba-colt-1911-open-rounds-firing-model-t1333.htm

DOC
Back to top Go down
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

Number of posts : 616
Location / Country : Hollywood, California

PostSubject: Re: vp70 full set mint condition   vp70 full set mint condition Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 2:39 am

Thanks for pointing that out Doc,

I missed the thread, anyone any experience with these plastic shell ejectors?

Happy holidays!

Jesse.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: vp70 full set mint condition   vp70 full set mint condition Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

vp70 full set mint condition
Page 1 of 1